Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lessons for 5 year old La Tania - Any experience

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Heading to La Tania next Easter and need ski school for our son who will be 5 a couple of weeks before we go. Looking at ski schools pros and cons for each, all have lessons for 4/5 year old age groups which will suit as he is small for his age.

ESF, magic carpet in village centre, no ski pass required, 2.5 hour lessons but morning ones start at 9am and I'd rather not be bundling him out at the crack of dawn.

New generation and Magic, smaller groups Than ESF, lessons start at 11.30am but they use an area at the top of the Gondola, which will mean a lift pass for him just to get up there.

ESF is cheaper but i know they can be a but hit and miss with little kids and cost isn't the main consideration ( although a lift pass for him just to go p the Gondola each day just seems a waste). I used Magic in Meribel last year for private lessons and they were excellent and have heard good things about New Generation.

Anyone got any personal experience of any of these?

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I enjoyed La Tania but our 4 year old hated ESF, I have to qualify and say we had miserable cold weather with lots of snow (this was early in Jan 2012) but the staff seemed generally joyless and uninspiring as well. They make the kids go round and round the magic carpet system and there's not a lot of variety in the teaching, it's a long time for kids that age to be doing the same thing. My tuppence worth says try one of the other schools, I believe that you'll find younger ones get free tickets anyway and there's some sun at the top of the hill as well. Ask Anniepen she will probably be able to contribute more.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks rqqdxb, I guess that my concern with EFS that its just not always the right atmosphere for our little cherubs Laughing

Have just looked on the La Tania website and there is a Gondola only lift pass for about E6 a day so it might not be too bad, if he was under 5 he'd get a freepass but will be just a few weeks older than that.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i have to agree with some of the above. Our eldest daughter (then just 5) hated ESF and the staff were very matter of fact about things. None of this hugging them on the slope rubbish if they fall over. She did however come out of the end of a week of morning lessons able to ski.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Often the ESF ski school and staff in La Tania are okay but I would recommend Magic. It will cost more but it is a safer option and especially for the children. One of the original directors of the company is English and the ski school was created to target the British market. As a result the staff have to teach in English regardless of where they are from and this is obviously easier for the children.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
George06, who are you travelling with to La Tania? when mine were young the company we were with would bus the complete beginner kids around to 1800 to use the magic carpet there.....

the company I used and there view on the 3 skis schools is here: http://www.familyfriendlyskiing.com/schools.html
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Company I worked for last season recommended Magic and New Gen, New Gen have smaller groups and are generally native English speakers ( a few Italians dotted about but their English was better than mine so can't complain) and we ad no complaints from any guests using them at all.

Highly recommended.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1 for New Gen at 1800. I did this with my daughter - we had a car but the bus link is OK, school excellent, not a backward glance each day.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all, looks like it will be Magic or New Gen, doesn't seem much between the two.

Can't believe the little monster will be on skis! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Our eldest daughter (then just 5) hated ESF and the staff were very matter of fact about things. None of this hugging them on the slope rubbish if they fall over. She did however come out of the end of a week of morning lessons able to ski.

Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy