Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Considering the Park Hotel, Folgarida - any opinions / views would be welcome

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello fellow snow addicts Smile

We're planning on heading to the slopes for our 4th ski holiday in January, & have been looking at the Park Hotel in Folgarida. If anyone has any experience of either this hotel, or the resort, then an opinion of any pros / cons would be very helpful. Personally my concerns centre around the position of the hotel - great for ski in / ski out, but how reliable is the hotel's courtesy bus service if we want to go down to the village? So if anyone has any experience of this I'd love to know!
Also, regarding the pistes, we're all (myself, other half, & 2 teenagers), happy & confident on blues, & tentatively progressing onto reds, so are hoping for lots of blues to play on, & some not too drastic, confidence boosting reds to move us up to that next stage - the question is does this resort fit?? If anyone has better suggestions we'll gladly look at any suggestions, but we are hoping to do somewhere in Italy as we've not been there yet! (previously been to France (Chamrousse), Switzerland (St Moritz), Austria (Mayerhoffen), & Andorra (Soldeu)). Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tabboo wrote:
Also, regarding the pistes, we're all (myself, other half, & 2 teenagers), happy & confident on blues, & tentatively progressing onto reds, so are hoping for lots of blues to play on, & some not too drastic, confidence boosting reds to move us up to that next stage - the question is does this resort fit??

Yes.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another yes.

Tabboo, welcome to snowHeads. There is some info on Folgarida if you use the search function e.g. Trip Report and Another trip report snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tabboo, Sorry didn't notice the first post! Welcome!

Small quiet resort, a good variety of nice gentle well maintained pistes, excellent and cheap food and drinks. Can't help with the hotel though.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tabboo, Welcome snowHead

I second what anarchicsaltire, said about the resort.

I have never stayed in the hotel but I remember seeing some reviews on TripAdvisor.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We stayed there last year 3rd week in Jan and thought it very good, Loved the ski in/out and the indoor pool was great. Food was very Italian but you are in Italy and we found it OK but maybe not to ever ones taste. we stayed in the hotel in the evening as not much in the town, we never used the courtesy bus, but we did walk into town a few times (early evening just for the few shops and something to do before the evening meal), As Wayne will tell you Folgarida is split into 2 half's the smallest is the one near the hotel, we did walk to the other one one the last day ( as no skiing) and got the pay bus back. It was my partners 4th week skiing and she usually only skis blues but by the end of the week we got her over to Madonna de campiglio were she did loads of reds and even an easy black.
We did have a good late deal and found it excellent value for money.
Any questions please ask.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you everyone - particularly Mike SWest for the details on the hotel - we've actually done a u-turn & taken the plunge & booked Bardonecchia instead (hotel Rive, Campo Smith) - maybe I should re-start on a new thread??!! Reasons in the end were mainly down to the possible total lack of any option for evening drinks / entertainment etc in the Park Hotel, & about £30 pp difference in price.
Feel free to shoot me down in flames if we've made the wrong choice, but I couldn't see much difference in the two resorts, except perhaps that the mountain scenery may have been better in Folgarida :/

So, anyone got any experience of / advice on Bardonecchia to pass on ?? Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy