Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton or Mayrhofen early Jan, single male

Poster: A snowHead
Intermediate skier lookin to meet like minded,
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hey i posted a thread yesterday something simillar,Like yourself im an intermediate and have skied Mayrhofen for the last 2 winters so i know it pretty well and its a top resort,Would love to try st anton but its on the pricy side.Anyway im a male in my early thirtys and my prefered date would be 12 jan 2013 ,What do u think??
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looking like Mayrhofen again first week in Jan, thinks it's 6 Jan.Llooking good possibly booking this week, anyone gonna be there at that time looking to meet up, intermediate skier, John
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just to let you know john the first week of Jan (new years week )can be fairly busy with long ques to get up the penken,and the second week whilst not been as busy there is a big influx of Russians and can be a bit rowdy.Anyway enjoy if ur goin either of those 2 weeks mayrhofen is a top place to ski and for apres ski.Im still up for the 12 jan if anyone else wants to organise something
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hey, I would love to join for St.Anton in the second, less busy week of january, i.e. 6th to 13th. I would join from Austria. St.Anton is the best resort in Austria. I have been there and I loved it. also some good pubs and if you like, a good rock-music-club I found my self in some night Wink

interested in sharing an appartment and having a blast on and off the slopes?

best,

maria
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hey boardbabe im still up for either Mayrhofen or Kitzbuhell on jan 12,St anton whilst been THE place in austria is unfourtnately out of my price range this year but i would love to ski it sometime but not this year.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm looking to join a group, as all my friends are sun, sand, sea and sangria worshippers. Any time in January is good for me.
Where you all planning to fly from?
Are you planning to meet at the resort or beforehand?
What sort of price range are we looking at?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Im with u cube wizard feck the sun sea and sand craic,Cold weather and snow is what its all about!!!.I havnt booked anywhere yet but i have the obermair in Mayrhofen(single room) on 12 jan for a week with flights transfers accomodation ski packs for about 1000 euro out of dublin with crystal,Sallbach about 200 dearer,Ive been to Mayrhofen twice before andd have no prob going back its a top resort.Let me know what u think.Im flying solo for simillar reasons to yourself
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boardbabe80 wrote:
hey, I would love to join for St.Anton in the second, less busy week of january, i.e. 6th to 13th. I would join from Austria. St.Anton is the best resort in Austria. I have been there and I loved it. also some good pubs and if you like, a good rock-music-club I found my self in some night Wink

interested in sharing an appartment and having a blast on and off the slopes?

best,

maria

Hei Maria,
I am going to St.Anton from 29.12 till 12.01.2013.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hey,

Was going to go pre season bash but personal things have come up and am now looking at Mayrhofen as a sinlge, half board with crystal on the 5th or 12th. Kind of been put of now by the threat of invading russians but I think either week is ok. Would be good to so some of piste - anyone up for hiring a guide?

Is more than likely I will book with Crystal at the end of the month, hopefully all the good deals will still be on - flying out of Edinburgh. Me Skier, intermediate, 30's.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Rosceoh im booked into the obermair mayrhofen on jan 12 for a week if thats the week u plan on travelling.Like ur self im goin solo and wouldnt ind meeting up for a bit of skiing and the all important apres over there
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just booked I am in Alpin Hotel Garni Eder Mayrhofen on the 12th of Jan for a week. Who we got confirmed..... mahoney_j - anyone else ?

Not been to Mayrhofen so some insider knowledge would be good.

R.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Good stuff roscoeh ,andas another poster here is also going so at least we have a few now.My e mail address is jerrymoloney7@yahoo.ie if u want anty other info re mayrhofen ive been there twice before so i know it pretty well.Just drop me a mail and il let u know whatever u need to know plus contact detauls to meet up over there.Roll on 12 Jan!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm thinking of Mayrhofen for 12th and for some guided off-piste. Never been before - where should I look for accomm: Mayrhofen, Schwendau?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hey

I'm thinking of taking my motorhome for this years ski trip ,thinking of mayrhofen as one of my destinations around the 2nd week in jan ..I'm flying solo at the mo due to mates dithering around ( so sod em ,I'll go on my tod ) ... Any info on this resort Wots the skiing like ? .. places to go etc .. Or campsite / wild camp areas for the camper ? Great fully received Smile

Cheers
snow report
neil_b - never been before but anywhere in the Ziller Valley should be fine as far as I know for accommodarion, the reason I chose Austria as unlike France you can get lots of options as a single with no supplement. I think Mayrhofen does give you a more central location for getting up and down the valley. (Could be wrong feel free to jump in anyone!)

I got a deal for £545 - half board, accommodation and flight from Crystal.

Think we have 3 at the moment meeting up. Sure that will expand a bit nearer the time.

Found this useful http://vimeo.com/23852015. One of the guys has been before which is good.

R.
ski holidays
roscoeh, thanks, really useful. I'm in! Flying to Munich. I know a French extreme skier who's looking to do some guiding/teaching in Mayrhofen (I spent a week with him in Valmeinier last season - 6x2-hr lessons at ESF, he's worked with Evo 2 in Tignes before that) - it was he who suggested I go there in the first place. Are any of you on this thread interested in sharing costs for him to do some guiding that week?
ski holidays
Nice one - I am definitely up for some guiding/lessons, I have already been looking at these guys

http://www.mountain-sports-zillertal.com/

but have not signed up yet. I don't think i'm as accomplished a skier as you but am game for anything. Have done limited off piste so would like to do some ava safety stuff too.

Will pm you my email address tomorrow.

R.
snow conditions
I'm looking at mayrhofen 12th Jan solo, was planning on doing lessons with neilson package. If I go would definately be up for someapres and maybe a bit of easy off piste. 27 year old male, 6 week's on snow
ski holidays
Lift faffer we have a group of all singlre travellers from the uk and ireland going for a week on jan 12.Theres myself and some posters from further up this thread roscoeh and Neilb as well as a few others.More than welcome to tag along with us if u want any further info drop an e mail to me or leave a post here
ski holidays
Hopefully be booking end of the month when I get paid. Will drop you an email for more info
snow conditions
Heya Brooksy69 Pettneu in StAnton has a great campsite for hardy skiers - and actually thats the budget place to stay for Anton lots of nice pensions and guest houses. Its about 4 miles out but on the main ski bus route to Anton and buses go until about 2am...sorry to hijack Mayrhoffen post - ive never been there so cant contribute.!
latest report
hey mahoney and the others,

sorry I havent replied earlier.
was boarding for weeks Smile
I will make it up to France for January.
If anyone still wants to join: I will be in Paradski from 12th to 19th.

Cheers
snow report
Hi,

I'm skiing solo in Mayrhofen w/c Jan 4th. Any ski buddies out there fancy meeting up to ski or apres?

Ed
snow conditions
boardbabe80, Hi boardbabe, did u find a partner already?
snow conditions
roscoeh,

Quote:

http://vimeo.com/23852015.

That guy looks like he is constantly placing with imaginary breasts.....

Advice about Austria? no, I'm just here to waste thread space Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy