Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

DAY TRIPS FROM CERVINIA

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anybody have any suggestions for a day trip from Cervinia? I will be in Cervinia for 15 days in January, and thought it may be a good idea to do a day trip to another resort, so that I can continue my search for the perfect ski resort! Very Happy

I know Valtournenche is next door, and is part of the Cervinia ski area, so will definitely ski into it.

Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The obvious day trip on skis is Zermatt. By bus you can get to Monterosa and Aosta (for the bubble lift to Pila) and then further afield (probably another bus) Courmayeur and La Thuile.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks queen bodecia, I was in Cervinia in March, and skied Zermatt then. I really enjoyed it, thus the return trip.

I have also skied Courmayeur and La Thuile. I think thy are both a bit too far anyway, and require a change of transport at Chatillon, but I will definitely look into Pila (which seems to get a lot of mentions on the forum) and Monterosa.

Thanks again.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Between Cervinia and Chatillon you should passed two small resorts Chamois and Torgnon. Can't comment on them as I went to both but did not have the stomach to ski them. It seems a waste of time comparing what I could enjoy with Cervinia and Zermatt.

In the Aosta city itself there is Pila which has a gondola connected to a big car park near the train station. Pila is bigger and has 70km piste bearing in mind Cervinia has 146km and Zermatt has another 200km!

Pila is OK as it is formed in a forest shielded by a lot of trees. It is supposed to be a easy place to ski too. It is easy to reach as the gondola in Aosta city can take you right into the resort. It can get busy during weekends each day trippers find it easy to get to too.

Monterosa is a bit far away for a day trip because while Voltoumenche to Pila is only 28 miles it is 57 miles to Gressoney La Trinite, although going to Champoluc should be slightly shorter. The problem is Chatillon to Cervinia is a fast road but the road to Monterosa is long, winding and twisty. Monterosa has 3 valleys, of Champoluc, Gressoney and Alagna, parallel to Cervinia accessible from the same trunk road at the Aosta Valley floor It has 180km piste.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A friend skis stays in Gressoney quite often and loves it. She's thinking of going again this year but staying in Champoluc. Can't comment on the journey like saikee can, but for the size of the area it might be worth an early drive over and an overnight stay somewhere before heading back the next day.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy