Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arc

Poster: A snowHead
Hi
Everyone gave me good advice last year so I would like to ask for your help again.
Les Arc - would the area be ok for two ladies who are only happy on very easy blues? They were happy in corcheval and alp duez but we would like to try somewhere new at a resonable altitude.
All advice appreciated.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hi john
yes les arcs is ideal but can be a little busy on some of the runs .dont do what we done and head for villaroger from les arcs the blue run was almost uphill and seemed to go on for ever.
hope this helps
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Les Arcs has many kms of blue runs. You can get a round pretty much the whole of the mountain on blues, and although some are a bit more than "very easy" there is usually an alternative easier track (ie an old green run). The blues between Arc 1800 and Vallandry are the best imo and you can play on the lovely reds and still meet up as the runs cross each other and connect at the bottom. "La Caverne" near the bottom of the La Foret blue for lunch, lovely.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Areas of very easy blues in Les Arcs include the whole wide bowl directly above Arc 1800, the area at the top of the Vallandry sector (this used to be a separate resort) and the Cascades down to Pre St. Espirit. Many of the other blues are simply tracks and IMHO not very nice.
Choose where you stay with some care. Though there are blues down to Arc 1600, including the beautiful revised Mont Blanc run, they are not particularly easy. The Arc 2000, 1950 sector has some good areas but also some flats and the odd steeper section. Arc 1800 has the best access to the very easy blues. Of the outlying villages, Vallandry has an excellent gentle ski area at altitude with the option of taking the lift down again. Villaroger, has only a tiny ski area to itself and is not really suitable for what you want.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnbushrod, I have to agree with the above, Arc 1800 is good for easy Blue runs, two seasons ago I took the other half to Les Arc, it was her first trip after her transplant so her energy levels were rubbish but the blues just above 1800 gave her the confidence she needed to get back onto reds last season Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would at least look at Cervinia John. THE blue run resort (I would say?) plus high altitude, and very beautiful.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Or La Plagne - (but of course that is linked to Les Arcs now)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Les Arc - would the area be ok for two ladies who are only happy on very easy blues?

Depends - if you mean the music then they are pretty liberal as to what is on your headphones (no German 'Om-pah' band music , tho). Unfortunately their tolerance for drugs is very low, regardless of the level of difficulty. If the latter, I would suggest Gstaad.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi
Thanks everybody great help as usual
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
La Plagne might be perfect for the easy runs but if anyone on the party also wanted tough runs then Les Arcs would give both.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Les Arcs...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I DON'T think Les Arcs would be good for these ladies. The blues are a lot of flat, narrow, linking runs. No fun. (Most) reds are easy so an ok place to progress. (Nothing easy about the blacks tho). I would agree la Plagne good if you are ok with long queues and slow chairs. However Val Thorens probably the besy choice here, and the snow will be lovely too
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I don't think the blues in La Plagne are that easy actually.

I would say Courchevel or Alpe D'Huez would be a better bet. Or even Val D'Isere. Loads of long greens. It's too easy to get hung up on run colour.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
patricksh, Queues in La Plagne are no different or worse than anywhere else. Bellecote is a bottle neck so avoid it at peak times. LP has loads of skiing the type of which the OP is looking for.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Piccadilly wrote:

Agreed, especially Mira from the Grande Rochette.
ski holidays
Corduroy wrote:
Piccadilly wrote:

Agreed, especially Mira from the Grande Rochette.

Last season the top section was re profiled and made wider, there were earth-movers up there again this summer, so possibly even bluer now Toofy Grin
snow report
patricksh wrote:
I DON'T think Les Arcs would be good for these ladies. The blues are a lot of flat, narrow, linking runs. No fun.

I think that's somewhat over an over-generalisation - yes there are some flatter linking blues, as you might imagine when you've got three resorts scattered along what is effectively one ridge, but there's also some great blue runs - Mont Blance & Renard for example are fabulous improver runs, then you've got rhodos, Mont blanc, clair blanc, grands melezes, plan des eaux, cascades and quite a few more.

Some of the reds are on the tamer side too - especially in the peisey-vallandry sector where you've got myrtilla, aigle, morey, bellette all of which are nice runs through the trees, and usually not that hard, unless you're on April afternoon mashed potato
snow conditions
bertie bassett, I think Clair Blanc is a fairly tough red . The steepness and size of moguls would render it a black in some resorts. The rest of what you say is perfectly correct. If you go looking for blues in Les Arcs there are many really lovely ones, but if you only find yourself on blue runs because you are trying to get somewhere else, Plan or Foret for example, then you can find yourself on narrow almost flat tracks. But that is the same in many resorts.

You could also add Clapet to your list which is almost always deserted, Of the flat tracks I quite like Gollet at the very end of the day, usually as it is getting dark.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy