Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Club Med - Alpe d'Huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all good to be back after the summer!
Looking at booking a trip to Alpe d'Huez for next Easter (1st week april), went there in the summer to ride the Marmotte sportive and facny returning when there is snow on the ground. Had been looking at our normal formula of Erna Low self catering and doing our own thing (we being family of 4 , kids 13 and 10) but am also intrigued by the idea of Club Med and would really appreciate any feedback from anyone who has visited. We've not really done package before but the offer seems pretty good approx £3600 inc of passes, lessons, accom and food/drink ( we will be driving) - any info on lessons, hotel standard, the club med experience would be great. thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Haven't been to ADH, but the Club Med package itself is difficult to beat.

I would not consider 'all inclusive' were it not French and the standard of catering did not disappoint. It can be busy in the dining area, but with careful timing you can avoid the initial rush and still dine before some options are exhausted.

Lessons tend to be from the older, tired end of the ESF, so expect more of a led group than lessons. May be different for lower ability groups?

Negatives, it is an alcoholics/gluttons delight and you need to be restrained in your consumption. Predominantly French, so don't expect an English group or good English from your instructor. There is very little incentive to leave the confines of the resort.

Positives - are you an alcoholic or glutton? The kids will be safe and well entertained and you spend a week in the Alps without spending another cent - until the ESF tip time.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have not been to ADH but I would also say that Club Med is hard to beat. I have not had the same experience as Boardban, when it comes to lessons. The instructors we have had on four holidays (eight instructors) have all been young, enthusiastic and keen to teach. As Boardban, says you will not always be in an English speaking class....... only you can decide whether that will be a problem or not.

If you need ski hire Club Med is very expensive. Pre book on line from an outlet in the resort and you will save a lot of money.
No kettle in the room. (Essential item for a tea addict. The hot water urns in the bar are not hot enough)

latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

There is very little incentive to leave the confines of the resort.

Group 4 if you are good enough is all off-piste from lift and walking to pitches, it would be difficult to go out of the bounds of the resort due to travel returns.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cynic wrote:
Quote:

There is very little incentive to leave the confines of the resort.

Group 4 if you are good enough is all off-piste from lift and walking to pitches, it would be difficult to go out of the bounds of the resort due to travel returns.

Agreed, I meant the Club Med resort (building) Razz
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I went to club med in Avoriaz several (7 maybe) years ago.

Thought it was very good in terms of food and drinks - some really fantastic food.

Lessons were quite average but mainly because there weren't that many snowboarders so the group had too many muppets in it we didn't last too long in that. The lesson was also much more 'follow me' than any teaching.

If I had kids, I would def do club med or similar as they will take the kids practically all day! Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I looked at Club Med over Christmas, ££6400 for 4 of us ,more than I wanted to pay.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I enjoyed CM in L2A in Jan 12. Bit of a weird experience because if you are not careful you end up spending all your time in the CM resort (apart from the time on the slopes).

Food in L2A was good and service good. Drink not bad too. Adults' lessons were good; I think we had an instructor who tried more than others. Instructors tend to be of a more mature age group (not a bad thing). Kids lessons were OK, but English of instructors not too good in kids' groups (we went in January when there were no other UK kids there)

If you are looking for off piste and guided skiing it's second to none in value, I think. You get a guide for 5 hours a day, which ain't bad.

The ski kit is ridiculously expensive to hire from CM - find a nearby hire shop, it'll be a lot cheaper, especially at the time of year that you are going.

We are not CM'ing this year because it's not a cheap option (though it can be good value for money) and the kids want to ski with us in the afternoons (not something easily done at CM where you have morning and afternoon lessons and the instructors get a bit sniffy about missing too many lessons and start mithering about moving you down groups).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We went to Club Med Serre Chevalier and loved it...trip report here:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1995402

chemistry
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy