Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2013 skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've not posted on snowheads before so forgive me if this isn't the right place.

I'm 23 I used to go on my school ski trips when I was younger I last went when I was 17.
I've wanted to ski since then but none of my friends/family ski and dispite my encouragement they either do a couple of lessons at the local dry slope or show no interest what so ever.

I'd class myself as an intermediate skiier i've not skiied on snow since 2008 on an indoor slope in Dubai! However I do still pay a couple of visits a month to my nearest dry slope 'In season'.

Anyway if anyone knows of a trip i could tag along with it'd be nice to hear!

Cheers,
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Firstly, welcome to the forum. Cool snowHead Cool

I'm planning on going somewhere in January to either France (safe bet) or to Bulgaria, should be hoping to decide next month if you want me to bear you in mind?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah that sounds great! If your short for people give me a shout!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I will do Smile PM for further info Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi mjsginetta,

And welcome to snowheads.

Plenty of people travel alone and then meet up with folk to ski with once they are there - given that you're all doing the same thing all day, it's easy to get along with people in the evenings etc.

One option to look at is the snowheads bashes which admin organises at regular intervals during the winter. Alternatively a number of chalet companies, including ourselves, offer either certain weeks or certain rooms with no single supplement.

Happy planning!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
two weeks in january from 6th to 20th, tignes, chamonix or another great resort, where I prefer tignes and I cannot say no Smile so who is in?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mjsginetta: welcome to snowheads. It sounds to me like one of the snowheads bashes would suit you well. There are three or four (or more?) planned this season.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Birthday Bash, first week in February 2013, Sella Ronda. No brainer. Cool
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi all, I often go to Snozone in Milton keynes from London or the Snow Centre for either snowboard or skiing, I am an intermediate skier and a beginner snowboarder, if anyone would like to come (usually on a Friday night or Sat) then let me know and we can meet up! Mjsginetta, I see you are in Colchester...are these two places convenient for you?

Best to get some practice before heading out to the big mountains I say! Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Breakout skiing have some very good offers. Check it out, I'm looking at booking one of the easter ones.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mjsginetta, you might like to look at the holidays organised by Action Outdoors at UCPA centres in France, in a variety of top resorts. They are exceptional value for money, as the price includes full board, lift pass, equipment hire and (depending on the holiday you choose) tuition, which is of a high standard.

They are very good for people travelling alone. You'll find there are lots of people in the same boat, and you'll not be short of company for a beer or two in the evenings. I have no commercial interest in this outfit, but my son in law did a couple of trips with them on his own, and then did a further one with my daughter, after they got together. They are both pretty good skiers and enjoyed the tuition in the top group in the Flaine Centre.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy