Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

North American ski resort open in November

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone have any suggestions as to where I can go snowboarding in North America around November 13 to November 28? I noticed that Lake Louise in Banff opens on November 5 and Whistler on November 22. Is there proper snow around mid November in Lake Louise?

Apparently Killington opens in November, I can't seem to find dates for that and I noticed other threads on here with not so good reviews, also I'm a backpacker and can't find any suitable backpacker friendly (aka budget) accommodation near there.

Any other suggestions? Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You won't know about the snow quality until much nearer the time. The hostel at Lake Louise was pretty decent. Good food in the evenings too. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have it in my mind that Mammoth opens earliest every year, whether the snow will be any good is anyone's guess at this point.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Normally Loveland and A-Basin, both in Colorado and close to each other, vie for first resort open in the US each season.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've skied Mt Baker and Crystal Mountain, both in Washington State, that early in the season. Great conditions and top to bottom skiing available when I was there.

Certain areas get hit early.

One season it may be California, or Utah, or Colorado, etc.

Best to wait and see, then pounce.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Is there proper snow around mid November in Lake Louise?

snowdust, Yes, normally, Men's World Cup Downhills from the 21st so at least there will be life.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
West is best in November. East is least.

Killy used to open regularly on fake snow in Nov and Oct, but global warming has mostly put paid to it because it stays too warm to blow snow.

Lake Louise or Arapahoe are good bets for advance bookings.

Mike Pow calls it right. Wait until closer to the time and see where the best snow lies.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
LL opening depends entirely on the snow and it could be they have very little open at that time, maybe just a a couple of runs. We were there end Nov last year and it was still very early season conditions. Their efforts are for the wolrd cup so they concentrate any snow making and harvesting on a few runs. There is always a race to be the first to open; Nakiska usually wins due to its massive snow making capabilities.

I would wait and see
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mammoth mountains opening date is november 8th - whether you'll be riding anything other than a few patches of manmade is down to mother nature...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Copper Mtn in Colorado is open from 1st Nov as the USA Alpine ski team start training there then, along with the British Downhill Team duo of TJ Baldwin & Dougie Crawford. The Austrians might even be there for a few weeks too prior to the North American World cup races.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snow quality that early would be a complete guess. As mentioned, Loveland, A-Basin, Copper, and I'll add Keystone, generally try to get open early on man-made snow. How much terrain would be open is anyone's guess. Places often open with the WROD (white ribbon of death). Some years we've had pretty good skiing in the East in November. Last year we had virtually nothing and most of the Western U.S. had very little snow. British Columbia seemed to get the most early season snow. I have to say I wouldn't really plan a Europe to NA ski trip that time of year. If you're coming for some other reason you might get lucky and have great conditions. But you could also find very little open terrain with sketchy conditions.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy