Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good afternoon everybody.

I am from Portugal and I started skiing two years ago in Baquera-Beret near Andorra. This year I did not go skiing because of work schedule but in some weekends I was able to go to a little ski resort we have here and started practicing what i learned the previous year. One thing that I noticed was the boots that there were for rent were noisy and uncomfortable.

Next year I will be able to go skiing again for a whole week and maybe more and while browsing the Internet I found out that many people advise you to buy your own pair of boots after going the first time.

Since I know nothing about technical specs and ski level, can anyone suggest me a pair of boots to buy?

Yesterday I stumbled across these ones at decathlon: http://www.decathlon.pt/PT/botas-rns-500-143980979/ (web page is in portuguese) but it says it is for experienced skiiers. Since they are a bit cheap, do you think they will be good to me for the next 2 or 3 years? Or do you suggest another one?

At my skill level I can ride on green and blue and sometimes able to put the skis in parallel but I still cannot do parallel turns and that is what I'll be learning next year.

Best regards Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
welcome to the mad house!!

the best advice i could offer is get to a good boot fitter and buy boots suitable fro your feet, without seeing your feet nobody can recommend if a boot suitable for you or not, depending on where you are going to ski search out a recommendation for the boot guy in the resort, most resorts have at least one guy/shop that does some form of boot fitting, some nations just do more than others, unfortunately Andorra is not known for boot fitting, but there are some good fitters in some of the southern french resorts, it is probably best to ask around for specific suggestions rather than to simply guess

if you make it to the french alps then chamonix is a good place to start for fitters , see smallzookeeper, on here or if morzine, Keith at Alpine sports warehouse

good luck getting sorted, but just remember this is the most important piece of kit you will buy, get it right and it can change your skiing for the better, get it wrong anjd it can ruin every turn

but if in doubt, red boots are fastest, blue tend to be more comfortable wink wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kolagr, welcome to snowheads. The guy posting above is an expert and is spot on with his advice. If you go cheap you will end up spending more in the long run. Green boots are cool.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the advice Smile I will be going to Les Angles. I will try to find a good boot fitter there then.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kolagr wrote:
Thanks for the advice Smile I will be going to Les Angles. I will try to find a good boot fitter there then.

Sorry there are NONE, try Mammoth or Tahoe - seriously
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Idris wrote:
Kolagr wrote:

Sorry there are NONE, try Mammoth or Tahoe - seriously

seems strange advice from a guy based in Chamonix rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CEM, Just for your info, although you are generally correct about the lack of boot fitters in Andorra, below is something I posted in 2009 here.

"If you are in Andorra there is a guy in a shop just behind the McDonalds down by Andorra 2000 supermarket.
He sells Dale boots and was employed by the Spanish Ski team so I have been assured. Several people I know are happy with his work.

Then Altom added, Yes, the shop name is SERVEIS DE NEU, good reputation."
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dypcdiver, that will be the 1 guy in the country then Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yep. not a very big country though. wink
For the Ladies WC GS we were honoured by the presence of Damion from Sanglard in Cham Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy