Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

RS1ski

Poster: A snowHead
RS1SKI, email Scott or Rob at Insideout skiing. It's their session really with another retailer & SH doing some demos.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi feef....OK, good questions, tricky questions! It is not a hydrolic system, so the movement is created when pressure and steering is applied. There is no movement between the boot and the ski. If a skier is not putting enough force in the right way then in some respects it does not move, but when you make any turn, big or small, there is pressure applied and the tail reacts accordingly....small turn, small movement, big turn, bigger movement. The tail will come back into the middle when the skis run straight, always. When someone is off balance and catching an edge, I'm trying to think of how that could happen (catch and edge) but I actually think because the tail moves, there is less chance of catching an edge. The tail will only move with the ski. I will discuss this and come back again with more on that.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ok thanks again everyone.....hope to see you soon and the questions have been very valid...cheers
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
RS1SKI, I'm trying to work out how the tail can exert a force, or resist being pushed back by the snow. Assuming it's a mechanical system I can't imagine how a force with no movement (i.e. pressure from the boot) can create a force AND movement.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RS1SKI wrote:
22 Sept, OK. Let me work on that one and I will confirm ASAP! I'm slightly scared but if you are willing to take a look and give them a try then I'll get hold of some and bring them along. cool, thanks
Apologies, but we've just discovered that we have to change the date of that event for reasons outside our control. Hopefully the new date will be 20 October (Saturday evening). I'll confirm that as soon as I can.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
RS1SKI, The description on the website of the development of the ski seems to suggest that this coincided with the injury suffered to the inventor. However, was the development of the ski directly linked to the injury sustained in the hope it would prevent similar fall incidents for beginners, or was the development unlinked to the sustained injury it just happened to coincide with the inventors 'down time'? The piece on the web site leaves me unclear on this issue, and if the latter it might be worth removing the sentences that relate to the sustained injury. If the former then a better link between the two issues needs to be made in the piece IMV - just a suggestion. Very Happy

However, good on you for deciding to participate on SH and to defend and discuss your invention - I think that says far more about your confidence in the product that not doing so. The guy that invented RAX also stood his ground here and although I think the jury is still out on his skis, he too won a lot of friends by his involvement here. I expect you will do so too.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
feef, the tail does not exert a force and does get pushed back by the snow. But the force of the turn counter acts that and the tail breaks away. The movement is actually pretty subtle, the tail is not at right angles to the ski for example....it's a really good question and one I'll think about for a video review that is planned soon.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
October 20 at Hemel sounds good...Glasgow ski show on, but probably will not make it up anyway. Thanks
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Megamum, thanks. Well the idea was certainly linked to the injury. I don't have knee problems myself so I can't say anything about that, but the feedback suggests it can soften the pressure on the knees. I'll have a chat and see how the words can be changed to make it more clear in regards to the link.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
RS1SKI wrote:
Hi Never Summer. The ski technique is the same, nothing changes so beginners do not have to learn again. Perhaps, if the beginners like skiing on them they won't switch anyway, you don't have to. There are two primary functions - first, the initiation of the turn, either in snowplough or parallel is easier. Second, the steering of the inside ski from plough to parallel is easier. This could give beginners more confidence when learning which might accelerate the pace of learning. What we know already from beginners that have tried it out with an instructor is that they find turning easier. As they become stronger skiers and maybe decide to switch skis, it won't mean they go backwards in terms of learning...hope that helps?

You mean rather like a trike with stabilisers!

The mechanics are not good, the RS2Ski should have a levered front section to initiate the turn and this is then matched by the rear section (now stiffened up a tad) so as to dramatically shorten the turn radius and thus create a technically more efficient turn initiation.

Damn, if I still had PhotoShop I'd have patched up the Patent photos! Cool
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The beauty of inventors and visionaries is exactly that. If they were not here then we would not have any great ideas. How many people laughed at older people using Volkl Snowranger and Xplosives back in the day, many of you now use fat skis. How many people laughed at Germans and Austrians on mega carvers and now all SL skis are that shape and radius.

This is not a bad idea! It is clearly not a race or off piste tool! It is for people who may find their comfort zone on greens and blues. If any of you mockers were good skiers or instructors, you would know that there are people out there who need all the help they can get, but seeing as you are far too busy looking at yourselves in your GoPro´s and biggin each other up with High 5´s and reach arounds, you might know and see that somethings are needed in the industry. I am sure that the inventor did not make these skis for you.

No go get in the park, big up the guy who does a 900 misty flip, then pull your pants up and ski through the park with out hitting a jump like you do every time. Losers.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
soulskier, insulting people who ask questions about a new type of product is on what page of the "How to Win New Customers and Influence Punters" manual?

I've seen this product when it was an early prototype and I simply can't get my head around it. I don't understand what it is trying to achieve and how it might bring some benefits to people who are trying to improve their skiing. Nothing in this thread has answered my questions.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob@rar wrote:
soulskier, insulting people who ask questions about a new type of product is on what page of the "How to Win New Customers and Influence Punters" manual?

rob, I am not here to win over people, so if you have complaints about my comments, I suggest you send that message to the rest who have said things like:-

Guys... be thankful Rony didn't visit Monkeyworld!

I was going to suggest that they go into business with Rax - can you imagine a hybrid between the two?

You mean rather like a trike with stabilisers!

The mechanics are not good, the RS2Ski should have a levered front section to initiate the turn and this is then matched by the rear section (now stiffened up a tad) so as to dramatically shorten the turn radius and thus create a technically more efficient turn initiation.

Damn, if I still had PhotoShop I'd have patched up the Patent photos!

There are some great comments and serious questions here, but this site seems to be full of trolls. I have yet to really read one good non trolled thread here.

If skimastaaah is so sure that his invention would be better, then off you go son, lets see what you come up with.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
soulskier wrote:
rob, I am not here to win over people,
So it would seem.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
soulskier wrote:

this site seems to be full of trolls. I have yet to really read one good non trolled thread here.

Really? So go somewhere else then.

TGR would welcome you. I'm sure they're still looking for the Gaper Spirit Animal.
latest report
soulskier,

Quote:

I was going to suggest that they go into business with Rax - can you imagine a hybrid between the two?

This is not a troll, it was a light-hearted at dig at the brave inventors of this world who are willing to try new ideas. If you had done your Homework you would realise, that whilst some people were more than skeptical of the Rax concept and may at times have had plenty of somewhat critical things to say/ask about it, there was never anything less than respect for the guy who stood up for his product - at least that was how I saw it. Indeed many of us have met the guy behind it and chatted about his invention. My comment was not laughing in a pointed way at the new product it was more a case of taking a SH's in-joke and including it in the general banter. As you can see I subsequently took some time posting some constructive thoughts on their website. soulskier, rather than calling everyone else 'trolls' I suggest that, with only 2 posts to your name, you could well be one yourself.
ski holidays
soulskier, agree my comment was a bit childish but WTF, This place is about having a laugh so lighten up and welcome to the parrrrtayyyy! snowHead
snow report
gatecrasher wrote:
soulskier, agree my comment was a bit childish but WTF, This place is about having a laugh so lighten up and welcome to the parrrrtayyyy! snowHead

I´ll lighten up for sure. I am sure that the inventor of the RS1 will not, as he has probably put years of work and money into it and really appreciates your admittedly childish comments. The industry read blogs, forums and websites you know.

He is trying to break into a difficult market and the last thing he needs is an forum full of skeptics that take the wee wee out of something that they have no idea if it works or not.

I cannot wait to try the RS1 and will make my own judgements then and there. I suggest you guys do so as well and support the ski industry.
snow report
soulskier wrote:
gatecrasher wrote:

I´ll lighten up for sure. I am sure that the inventor of the RS1 will not, as he has probably put years of work and money into it and really appreciates your admittedly childish comments. The industry read blogs, forums and websites you know.

He is trying to break into a difficult market and the last thing he needs is an forum full of skeptics that take the wee wee out of something that they have no idea if it works or not.

I cannot wait to try the RS1 and will make my own judgements then and there. I suggest you guys do so as well and support the ski industry.
soulskier, good stuff! it's just weird that we always get responses from 1st posters like this when a new product comes under fire, weird or what huh! wink
ski holidays
soulskier, I would suggest that if you are looking to rub folks up the wrong way then posting this
Quote:

I suggest you guys do so as well and support the ski industry

is exactly the way to do it given the reach of some of the folks that I know are members of SH's.

I seriously wonder if you are genuine? A troll or concerned RS1Ski family member sounds more likely. I believe the RS1Ski chap isn't the type to take offence easily esp. from what he has come back and posted. I've met very few ski folks who can't take a joke since I joined SH's. Lets face it there always was a school of thought that all publicity regardless of being +tive or -tive was 'good' publicity'. He has done his product the world of good (IMV) by arriving here and taking on our debate. At least we've now all heard of it, which I doubt many punters (inc. me) would never have done if the thread hadn't been posted. I will probably go and look at the product even if only for interest if I see it on a stand somewhere.
ski holidays
soulskier, If you think the forum is full of trolls and sceptics and you got a post count of 3 you need to get out more.
snow report
Megamum wrote:
soulskier, I would suggest that if you are looking to rub folks up the wrong way then posting this
Quote:

I suggest you guys do so as well and support the ski industry

is exactly the way to do it given the reach of some of the folks that I know are members of SH's.

I seriously wonder if you are genuine? A troll or concerned RS1Ski family member sounds more likely. I believe the RS1Ski chap isn't the type to take offence easily esp. from what he has come back and posted. I've met very few ski folks who can't take a joke since I joined SH's. Lets face it there always was a school of thought that all publicity regardless of being +tive or -tive was 'good' publicity'. He has done his product the world of good (IMV) by arriving here and taking on our debate. At least we've now all heard of it, which I doubt many punters (inc. me) would never have done if the thread hadn't been posted. I will probably go and look at the product even if only for interest if I see it on a stand somewhere.

I am no family member. I just do not like seeing someone who has an idea being trashed by forums. There are many great comments here and it seems my comments have brought what some of you really think about it. Next time you post on a new product, step back and think a bit. There is nothing wrong with criticism, but there is constructive and just plain wee wee taking.

skimastaaah wrote:
soulskier, If you think the forum is full of trolls and sceptics and you got a post count of 3 you need to get out more.

I do get out, that´s why I have only 3 posts, unlike Megamum and rob@rar.
snow conditions
soulskier wrote:
I get out plenty, thanks very much Laughing You want to compare how many weeks skiing we get done each year?
snow report
rob@rar wrote:
soulskier wrote:
I get out plenty, thanks very much Laughing You want to compare how many weeks skiing we get done each year?

Go on then! This should be fun! Very Happy
snow conditions
soulskier wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
soulskier wrote:

Between 10 and 14 weeks a year, plus another 40 days or so skiing indoors. Might not beat everyone's total, but I get out plenty, thanks very much.

Are you going out of your way to annoy people who are interested in this new ski design?
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
soulskier wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
soulskier wrote:

Between 10 and 14 weeks a year, plus another 40 days or so skiing indoors. Might not beat everyone's total, but I get out plenty, thanks very much.

Are you going out of your way to annoy people who are interested in this new ski design?

You lose!

No, just annoyed at people who go out of their way to who criticize something they know nothing about.
snow conditions
soulskier wrote:
No, just annoyed at people who go out of their way to who criticize something they know nothing about.
Well, you're pissing away any goodwill and genuine curiosity that might develop on the forum. If I were the inventor I'd disown you. But if you want to keep digging just carry on...
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
soulskier wrote:
Well, you're pissing away any goodwill and genuine curiosity that might develop on the forum. If I were the inventor I'd disown you. But if you want to keep digging just carry on...

I am not here to make friends, gain your respect or goodwill from this forum. Nor am I going to lose any sleep at night over the fact that you would disown me (Who says that on a forum anyway?) And in future, just be careful when you are on a skiing forum/website, stating you are based in London, when you challenge someone to a duel of "I ski more than you" like child, coz you ski 40 days a year indoor.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
soulskier wrote:
... you are based in London, when you challenge someone to a duel of "I ski more than you" like child, coz you ski 40 days a year indoor.
clearly reading isn't one of your strong points. As much as I hate to say it, I really wasn't the one who started with the insults. But anyway, keep digging...
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
soulskier wrote:
... you are based in London, when you challenge someone to a duel of "I ski more than you" like child, coz you ski 40 days a year indoor.
clearly reading isn't one of your strong points. As much as I hate to say it, I really wasn't the one who started with the insults. But anyway, keep digging...

Oh sorry, I forgot the 10 to 14 weeks a year. You still lose!
snow conditions
soulskier wrote:
You still lose!
I'm not interested in how much or how little you ski, but if you ski more than 4 months a year good for you. You inferred I have no life because I have a high post count here. Clearly meant as an insult, and equally clearly wrong.

You jump in with both feet with a general insult to the forum, pick on a couple of people with a more personalised jibe and then you call me childish! All in defence of a product with which, you would have us believe, you have no association. As I said, if I was trying to highlight the my product I'd want to make perfectly clear that you have nothing to do with it...
snow report
rob@rar, God knows what planet this guy is on or who he is (there's a touch of the usual stirrers about him - I'm assuming its a him, but I don't exactly recognise the phrasing), but to be honest I don't think he's worth your time, though I'm fully behind you.

It will be interesting to see one of these RS1 skis if the inventor brings them to any of the ski shows. I still can't imagine the geometry that allows the flexible end to follow the edging of the rest of the ski, or why this makes it easier for a new skier. I assume it makes it ski like a shorter ski, but, if memory serves from other threads, shorter isn't necessarily easier to learn? Maybe actually seeing one will make it easier to visualise.
snow report
A very angry chap this soulskier guy and amazing how he seems to be making the thread about him and not the ski design he is trying to defend.

For my money I don't see what this new design actually achieves beyond basically making it ski a little shorter than the actual total length. Puzzled
ski holidays
soulskier, irrespective of whether or not you are connected with the manufacturers of this ski, you must be exceptionally stupid if you cannot see the disservice you are doing to them by posting in this way.
snow report
soulskier, You now got 8 posts. And I'm rather uncertain as to their overall value. Essentially the SnowHeads forum is anonymous and only slightly moderated. You miss the point, please be nice.

Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
soulskier wrote:
You still lose!
I'm not interested in how much or how little you ski, but if you ski more than 4 months a year good for you. You inferred I have no life because I have a high post count here. Clearly meant as an insult, and equally clearly wrong.

You jump in with both feet with a general insult to the forum, pick on a couple of people with a more personalised jibe and then you call me childish! All in defence of a product with which, you would have us believe, you have no association. As I said, if I was trying to highlight the my product I'd want to make perfectly clear that you have nothing to do with it...

Well, you obviously are interested in how much I ski, or you would not have challenged me to the "childish" duel. As I said, next time you do that, be careful on who you challenge.

Yes I jumped in with both feet as you say. I had seen/heard about the product. I was interested. I googled it and came across this forum and its mocking of it. It got me fired up. Regardless of what I said, I did not challenge anyone to a game of "I ski more than you do" Now you are slagging me off for questioning that! Are you serious?

I do not care how much I have skied and letting the forum know about it, where as you obviously do. If you really want to know how much I have skied, send me a PM and Ill tell you in person.

I re - state, I do not know the RS1´s inventor or have seen the product. Mr RS1 SKI. Sorry for this distraction from the original topic, this was about you not how much rob@rar has skied. I hope this goes back to some sort of constructive criticism on your product.
latest report
soulskier, withdraw the jibe about me not having a life and I'll happily accept that you are a full-time skier and an all round good egg who just came to a new forum a bit hotter than was sensible...
snow report
soulskier, if you are looking for constructive criticism then maybe you are capable of taking some yourself. The next time you find yourself 'fired up' over something trivial that you have no connection with can I suggest that you do your blood pressure some good and do some homework prior to posting? Sit and watch for a few days as to how things pan out, do some research on the qualifications of those posting (I am no-one of consequence, but many here deserve plenty of respect in terms of qualfications and experience and their position in the industry), have a bash at separating good natured banter from real criticism and consider the responses that you might get which are liable to backfire in a bad way on the issue you are 'fired up' about.

TBH I'd like to see a mod clean up this thread and give the RS1Ski chap a fair crack of the whip without the resulting fallout.
ski holidays
Phew! Just popped out for a bit hope I haven't missed anything wink

feef, I agree about the tails RS1SKI, you say the tails articulate inwards into the turn then bend to allow for the whole ski to stay in contact with the slope which indeed it does appear to do very well on the indoor video but- on the outdoor video the tails definitely "kick outwards" from the control phase to completion- then at initiation of the new turn they are already "inside" the turn but soon start to shift towards centre during transition then kick out again soon after, on some occasions to the extent that they are "off the snow" this would have a shortening effect!

So one video shows them doing one thing and the other video shows something quite different.

RS1SKI, can you help explain in more detail the intended action through the turn, thanks.

soulskier, hoping that's a bit more constructive than my earlier post!
snow report
To be honest, I was happy to have a look at this product, but instead I've just got wound up by soulskier banging on about how everyone on this forum knows nothing and is a bad person because they were critical of the rs1ski - well I can't be arsed looking at it now as I'm already prejudiced about it because I don't like being told how to think, and apparently I'm an idiot if I don't like this new ski - sorry rs1ski, you can thank your mate soulskier for the bad feeling towards your product.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy