Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Live in Geneva so should I ski in Utah??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Will S wrote:
OK, realistically I need skiing somewhere near Tokyo to make sense.
Why's that? Flying from Tokyo to Hokkaido (where Niseko is, for example) means a slightly longer travel time and an extra flight but you'll still have the same number of ski days as you would for resorts within driving distance of Tokyo.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Idris wrote:

Sorry mike pow, but if you know where to look Japsn Does rival anything in Japan.

That's been my problem obviously. I've never considered Japsn wink

I'm assuming you mean somewhere in Europe, and that somewhere has great powder.

I don't doubt it having never skied there. Or maybe I have.

Just saying that for the 1-2 week recreational skier the odds of getting deep, untracked powder from the lift without any hiking on either end, inbounds, with minimal avalanche risk are very high in the part of Hokkaido that I play in.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Will S wrote:
OK, realistically I need skiing somewhere near Tokyo to make sense. Are there any ski resorts within 2 hours from Tokyo?

I leave Cardiff at 10 am on day 1 and get to my digs in the Niseko Resort Area at 6pm on day 2.

1 hr flight to Amsterdam
12 hr flight to either Tokyo or Seoul
2-4 hr flight to Sapporo

Dinner, bed and skiing bright & early on day 3.

Coming back to the UK I leave Sapporo at 7am and get to Cardiff at 9pm the same day.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mike Pow wrote:
Idris wrote:

Sorry mike pow, but if you know where to look Japsn Does rival anything in Japan.

That's been my problem obviously. I've never considered Japsn wink

I'm assuming you mean somewhere in Europe, and that somewhere has great powder.

I don't doubt it having never skied there. Or maybe I have.

Just saying that for the 1-2 week recreational skier the odds of getting deep, untracked powder from the lift without any hiking on either end, inbounds, with minimal avalanche risk are very high in the part of Hokkaido that I play in.

Sorry meant Japan rivals anything you can find in the USA - and I do mean anything (lift and skin served terrain)

Japan trumps Europe for reliable powder but does not rival for terrain.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Europe is king for lift-accessed steeps and lengths.

Japan is king for powda.

US is somewhere in between the two.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Some people eh.....Geneva.... Utah......Japan!?

You should fly over to Glenshee on a windy/wet day in Feb, it's amazing I promise you.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mike Pow wrote:
Will S wrote:
OK, realistically I need skiing somewhere near Tokyo to make sense. Are there any ski resorts within 2 hours from Tokyo?

I leave Cardiff at 10 am on day 1 and get to my digs in the Niseko Resort Area at 6pm on day 2.

1 hr flight to Amsterdam
2-4 hr flight to Sapporo

Coming back to the UK I leave Sapporo at 7am and get to Cardiff at 9pm the same day.

LIfts at Niseko run till 9.30 at night under lights - the afternoon/evening you arrive beat the jet lag by skiing till close Wink - I did
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
davidhammy,
Quote:

Some people eh.....Geneva.... Utah......Japan!?

You should fly over to Glenshee on a windy/wet day in Feb, it's amazing I promise you.

I learned to ski in Glenshee and have definitely paid my dues to that place!! Spent many a Wednesday afternoon soaked right through and chilled to the bone wink

Idris,

Quote:

LIfts at Niseko run till 9.30 at night under lights - the afternoon/evening you arrive beat the jet lag by skiing till close - I did

Sounds like a plan for sure. Just trying to price up the trip at the moment and convince Mrs S that the long haul to get there will be worth it wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Idris wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:
Will S wrote:

1 hr flight to Amsterdam
2-4 hr flight to Sapporo

LIfts at Niseko run till 9.30 at night under lights - the afternoon/evening you arrive beat the jet lag by skiing till close Wink - I did

If you're there for 1-2 weeks then sure.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy