Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sleeping overnight at Geneva airport?

Poster: A snowHead
I know a few snowHeads have done it when travel disruption (ash cloud?) meant an enforced stay at the airport for a couple of nights, but what is GVA's attitude to people staying in the terminal overnight for an early flight the following day?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They close around midnight 1 o'clock and reopen 2 hours before the 1st flight. You are not allowed to stay inside and will be kicked out.

Andy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
plenty of cheap hotels within 1min walk to 5 min shuttle pick up!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
this reminds me of a night I spent sleeping with my girlfriend (now wife) on a row of seats in Stansted airport when we were flying to Venice. Last flight in from Edinburgh, first flight out in the morning to Venice. I woke up in the morning to find a small man curled up inbetween my legs! Shat myself Shocked
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I woke up in the morning to find a small man curled up inbetween my legs! Shat myself

I bet he thought twice about curling up between anyone's legs again.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Unless he was German.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Different airports have different policies. I was literally chased out of Birmingham airport earlier this year when my flight had landed late only 8 minutes before their curfew and clearly they wanted everyone out so they could close up for the night.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
surprised any big airports closed

slept in standstead before

arrived about 1am flight was at 7am

was strange to fall asleep in an empty airport and wake up in the full hustle and bustle
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar, I slept on the floor next to the sliding outdoors at opposite end to EJ desk overnight 2 years ago, missed flight and no hassle apart from the luggage trolley bus thing trying to run me over a few times for the craic, nowehere to lay out typical airport style, best place was the floor. Lods of people doing same.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I slept on the floor there this march, on the street level at the opposite end to the easyjet desks. I was not alone, I saw perhaps a dozen people snoozing down there. The upstairs area with the shops was all shut and you get turfed out of there at closing time but the rest of the airport still had people in. No-one hassled me. I don't think you can actually get into the airport from outside during the "closed" hours, mind you.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
my wife slept there one night after missing her flight
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

I woke up in the morning to find a small man curled up inbetween my legs! Shat myself

I bet he thought twice about curling up between anyone's legs again.

Laughing Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://www.sleepinginairports.net/europe/geneva.htm
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
On a jouney from Nicosia to amman I slept in Beruit airport back in2002, no one seemed to mind, surprisingly it was bloody cold.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar, having spent 3 days and 2 nights in GVA, I can thoroughly NOT recommend it. Anywhere with anywhere soft to sit chucks you out before midnight, all shops and eateries close, you're left with a hard marble floor.

The airport fortunately took pity on us and put us up on the nuclear shelter camp beds, also fed and watered us, whilst we waited for the snow storms to subside.

Get a hotel for sure.
latest report
Spyderman, thanks, I remember the photos from your holiday at the airport! Not for me for a client, but I think he might have made different arrangements now.
snow report
I remember missing my flight and sleeping in one of the massage chairs when I was about 17.

One of the creepiest nights of my life. All the lights off and literally the only person in there. Woke up to a slightly inbred cleaner/serial killer standing in front of me staring. Nearly crapped myself.
ski holidays
After an enforced sleepover in Amsterdam airport about 10 years ago i found : http://www.sleepinginairports.net/europe/geneva.htm
(THere was a tulip bulb festival on - all hotels booked solid, and I hadn't booked as it was a last minute trip)
snow conditions
Spyderman wrote:
rob@rar, having spent 3 days and 2 nights in GVA, I can thoroughly NOT recommend it. Anywhere with anywhere soft to sit chucks you out before midnight, all shops and eateries close, you're left with a hard marble floor.

The airport fortunately took pity on us and put us up on the nuclear shelter camp beds, also fed and watered us, whilst we waited for the snow storms to subside.

Get a hotel for sure.

rob@rar Make sure Spyderman isn't within a mile of the airport as well as your client won't sleep at all....

That man can SNORE Skullie Laughing Toofy Grin
snow report
Mrs Phorn, just letting you know I'm enjoying my slumber. Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy