Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Being less rubbish at skiing. A masterplan. Anyone got any ideas?

Poster: A snowHead
skimastaaah, ah, crossed posts. Jolly good.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pedantica, FYI .......I edited the post to clarify that it was indeed in jest. Thank you for giving me the benefit of doubt.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pedantica wrote:
skimastaaah, ah, crossed posts. Jolly good.
................. oooooooooooooooppps again.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
skimastaaah wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:
skimastaaah wrote:
Pedantica, Damn........... never thought Ski Instructors (of their calibre) would pull a builder's trick...... "Sorry Madam, your short swings need some scaffolding and underpinning, we'll have to book you in for another 6 months lessons." Shocked

Without knowing anything about the parties involved, you have written and posted a value judgement.

In my opinion you've just made an ass of yourself.

And you've shown your complete lack of humour. It was posted as a verytongue in cheek comment, and not as an ass' offensive value judgement.

You're prolly a builder, then? NehNeh

Easiest thing in the world to post a comment, await reaction, edit if necessary, and then deflect.

If you'd like to post a 'tongue in cheek' post in future may I suggest using wink or including a spoiler alert.

It's very difficult to interpret the tone of your posts as I feel your answers to questions have been ambiguous (intentionally or otherwise) and you have more faces than the Alps.

And yes I am a builder. Of confidence and skills.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skimastaaah, jesting to one side have you had a chance to look at my comments of 11am ?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mike Pow wrote:
skimastaaah wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:
skimastaaah wrote:
Pedantica, Damn........... never thought Ski Instructors (of their calibre) would pull a builder's trick...... "Sorry Madam, your short swings need some scaffolding and underpinning, we'll have to book you in for another 6 months lessons." Shocked

Without knowing anything about the parties involved, you have written and posted a value judgement.

In my opinion you've just made an ass of yourself.

And you've shown your complete lack of humour. It was posted as a verytongue in cheek comment, and not as an ass' offensive value judgement.

You're prolly a builder, then? NehNeh

Easiest thing in the world to post a comment, await reaction, edit if necessary, and then deflect.

If you'd like to post a 'tongue in cheek' post in future may I suggest using wink or including a spoiler alert.

It's very difficult to interpret the tone of your posts as I feel your answers to questions have been ambiguous (intentionally or otherwise) and you have more faces than the Alps.

And yes I am a builder. Of confidence and skills.

You'll be a school teacher then? wink wink wink Confused Confused Confused Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Sad Sad Sad rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skimottaret, I'm sure you understand if I just say.....Yup, ....2/3. And that I don't expand on that. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skimastaaah, what is the point of semi-contributions of the above nature? Either contribute honestly and fully, or don't bother. I'm afraid that most of your posts do no favours to your credibility.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pedantica wrote:
skimastaaah, what is the point of semi-contributions of the above nature? Either contribute honestly and fully, or don't bother. I'm afraid that most of your posts do no favours to your credibility.
^^^+1
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimastaaah, i dont understand sorry ... Like my business partner before me I have gotten bored with non answers which dont form a real discussion, over and out.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skimottaret wrote:
skimastaaah, i dont understand sorry ... Like my business partner before me I have gotten bored with non answers which dont form a real discussion, over and out.

WTF....... You're the f***ing Ski-pro Scott! You go figure your prefered group/individual.
Thanks for not ridiculing my analysis of the skier on the Faust run - Flaine video. I'd be really quaking in my ski-boots if you had.

From the look of your website and the geriatric luvvy-promo-video, best of luck. And....... when you're being interviewed stop saying "....and,....", "...and....", "....and...". Makes you look struggling for words. Struggling. Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skimastaaah wrote:

You'll be a school teacher then? wink wink wink Confused Confused Confused Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Sad Sad rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes

Teacher yes, ski variety.

I was under the impression we both are.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skimastaaah, shame you feel the need to lash out for some reason, i thought a fresh voice on SH's that has a background in sport science, is working on a further degree and had some training as a ski teacher would make some worthwhile posts and we could all learn a few things... now where is that ignore button Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mike Pow wrote:
skimastaaah wrote:

You'll be a school teacher then? wink wink wink Confused Confused Confused Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Sad Sad rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes

Teacher yes, ski variety.

I was under the impression we both are.

I doubt we are anything like each other! Particularly as in your opinion I'm an "ass".

Now, I'd love to read what you, Scott and Rob would make of the skier going down the Faust piste in Flaine video earlier in the thread. Not too detailed a technical analysis, but a general impression on 5 areas that he could work on. Then please identify the mechanical reasons for these areas of improvement, and what skiing advantage is gained by any mechanical improvements.
1500 words and a few diagrams should do it.
So that the OP Dobby can gain insight into the skill aquisition required to get to, and then improve upon, his desired aim.

THAT should put THIS thread back on track rather than the bleatings some Luvvy-Mafia in a playground punch-up.

THIS is the first thing I'VE asked anyone on the thread to do for the sake of checking out their credentials................... Game on!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Blimey. I rest my case.
ski holidays
skimottaret wrote:
skimastaaah, shame you feel the need to lash out for some reason, i thought a fresh voice on SH's that has a background in sport science, is working on a further degree and had some training as a ski teacher would make some worthwhile posts and we could all learn a few things...

Perhaps a more welcoming approach to your newbies, rather than the metaphoric brawl.

Now Scott, in my previous post I asked you and Rob to do something, in a professional capacity that is. The OP is wanting your insight. Laughing
snow report
Pedantica wrote:
Blimey. I rest my case.

I doubt you've got any clue. Laughing
snow report
skimastaaah, oh I wouldn't say that. A reasonable command of the English language will do in this case, and that I do have.
snow conditions
Pedantica wrote:
skimastaaah, oh I wouldn't say that. A reasonable command of the English language will do in this case, and that I do have.

About the little task I set your dear ski teachers............... silly. Laughing
ski holidays
skimastaaah, my case wasn't about my ski teachers, it was about the credibility of your posts.
ski holidays
Quote:

This post is also sub judice and will self destruct in 30 years.

I believe that at least one of your previous posts on this thread self-destructed a lot quicker than that.
snow report
Pedantica, Dear, dear, dear, old dear. Despite your reasonable command of the English language, all I'm now asking them to do a critique so that the OP has an opportunity to see what Mike, Rob, and Scott would say about his "skiing aim" as shown in the Faust Piste run at Flaine, one of the previous video-clips.
All I'm asking is a reasonable 5 points, and the mechanical/technique improvements they would suggest. Simples! snowHead
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Quote:

This post is also sub judice and will self destruct in 30 years.

I believe that at least one of your previous posts on this thread self-destructed a lot quicker than that.

Your valid point is................ ?
ski holidays
skimastaaah, I couldn't actually give a monkey's what you're asking them to do, that's not my point, as you seem unable to understand.
latest report
Pedantica, Pedantic ... (pɪˈdæntɪk) ........ marked by a narrow focus on, or display, of learning. Synonyms ..... pedagogic (obviously),.... anal retentive. Not my words, try this link to Collins.

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/pedantic
ski holidays
Quote:

all I'm now asking them to do a critique so that the OP has an opportunity to see what Mike, Rob, and Scott would say about his "skiing aim" as shown in the Faust Piste run at Flaine, one of the previous video-clips.

skimastaaah,

Not sure if that video was dobby's, aim exactly nor Sack the Juggler's, as you referred to him as in your assessment, think it might have been ALQ's, aim.

Quote:

(pɪˈdæntɪk)
alert... apologies rolling eyes
latest report
Laughing Laughing come on guys, he is obviously trolling & I don't believe for one minute he is BASI 2 qualified. Do you know any instructor who, when asked about his quals by other instructors, just says BASI. As for all the deletions & amendments of posts, well, doesn't seem like a professional to me.... Certainly not one I'd want to be taught by wink
snow report
If those that can do, and those that can't teach, what do those who can't do either do?

I going for a drink - I'm starting to sound like Donald Rumsfeld.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
OK I'll play.

Read the thread and when I read that the OP dobby was considering Pontypool dry slope I sent him a PM.

Gave my opinion on videos posted.

Watched from the sidelines as skimastaah's posts become more personal in my opinion.

Commented that he/she had made an ass of themselves with a post they wrote.

He/she replied saying it was in jest. But subsequent posts have included further outburts.

I'm sure that we're very different skimastaah.

To my mind actions and character are different things.

If the skier skiing the Faust run wanted my opinion, then the first and most important thing I would ask him/her to think about and work on would be fore/aft balance.

The skier is leaning on the boot tongues resulting in the downhill ski lagging behind the uphill ski throughout the turn. To counteract this mechanical disadvantage there's a great deal of upper body turn initiation and rotation.
ski holidays
Shouldn't this thread be in BZK?
snow conditions
cathy, +1.

Is there a word for sock puppet Trolling? = Strolling?
snow report
Mike Pow,
Quote:
If the skier skiing the Faust run wanted my opinion, then the first and most important thing I would ask him/her to think about and work on would be fore/aft balance.

The skier is leaning on the boot tongues resulting in the downhill ski lagging behind the uphill ski throughout the turn. To counteract this mechanical disadvantage there's a great deal of upper body turn initiation and rotation.

That says a great deal about what you don't see. rolling eyes
snow conditions
I am genuinely inteterested to read what you see differently from me in the video clip.

I already know that I ski and teach differently from most.
latest report
Mike Pow, My comments on page 3 also identify a lack of "centre" balance, plus identifying a lack of both pressure based steering and pivot based steering due in most part to the body remain too upright at initiation so losing pressure/edging of the front part of the ski particularly. I suggested a slight weight shift to the balls of his feet................. for starters.
ski holidays
I tried to find your initial assessment but couldn't find it. Thanks for posting it again.
snow report
Mike Pow wrote:
I tried to find your initial assessment but couldn't find it. Thanks for posting it again.

*waits for that kick in the b*llocks* rolling eyes
ski holidays
Went back to the video clip and there it was. My mistake. I thought you were critiquing the clip before the Faust one.

We're seeing similar things and different things for sure.

I see a confident, competent skier making medium to long radius turns on a slope well below his/her ability level.

The skier is very forward in the boot with the shins pressed against the tongues.

This 'fixing' of the ankle joint forward has resulted in a mechanical disadvantage limiting the ability to pivot both feet on flatter skis for initial direction change.

As a consequence the edges are set early and forward of the toes with the downhill ski and knee tucking in behind the uphill ski and uphill knee.

The skier is unable to round out and complete the turn before running out of room on the piste and then there is a sudden and pronounced skid before the next turn is initiated by rotating the upper body and tipping into the turn.

The sequence is then repeated.

I would have the skier try to stand as neutral as possible in the boot with as little forward pressure as possible allowing him/her to initiate the turn from a whole foot balanced stance.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 13-09-12 17:39; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
We're sliding down a hill with planks on our feet FFS!

And just for insurance purposes so my post is read in the right context... Very Happy Toofy Grin Smile Madeye-Smiley Skullie Sad Blush Little Angel rolling eyes Puzzled wink Shocked Confused Cool snowHead Laughing Mad NehNeh Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Shock
snow conditions
Personally i think we need Harry Hill,
There is only one way to sort this out

FiiiiiiiiiiGHt wink wink wink Shocked rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow report
homers double wrote:
We're sliding down a hill with planks on our feet FFS!

And just for insurance purposes so my post is read in the right context... Very Happy Toofy Grin Smile Madeye-Smiley Skullie Sad Blush Little Angel rolling eyes Puzzled wink Shocked Confused Cool snowHead Laughing Mad NehNeh Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Shock

Just responding to a request.

And yes we are sliding down a hill with planks on our feet, and it's a magic feeling.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy