Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So what happened to Nixmap today?

Poster: A snowHead
When I left this morning there were about 10 postsings, all pretty reasonable.

What happened while I was away?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hidden pending an appeal Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yah boo sucks
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Job ads are not normally allowed. As halfhand says, it's been tucked away pending a decision
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
He's in apres!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
That's no good I don't go there, too much non-skiing related trivia Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nbt wrote:
Job ads are not normally allowed. As halfhand says, it's been tucked away pending a decision

Shirley it's not a job offer, it's a whole seasons skiing for free Puzzled
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Aw, gutted I missed it!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kat.ryb, here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=90977#2089394
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rungsp, I was looking forwards to hearing all about how the other half live.....!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I really don't know why this 'opportunity' generates so much fuss year after year. Having lost my job last week, if I could cook to any kind of standard, I'd be considering an application. rolling eyes
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Timberwolf, Pretend, most chalet hosts do......you'll be fine, go for it!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Markymark29, Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Perhaps he was overwhelmed by the stampede to enlist. Given that he has been pimping this opportunity relentlessly for some years now, you'd think he'd have plenty of potential candidates lined up, wouldn't you?

Timberwolf, I think this mostly generates a fuss because he insists that it's "not a job". It's "not a job" only in the sense that you don't get paid and don't have official standing as a worker in Switzerland. It's clearly a job of sorts, but "on the black" and "paid in kind".

Whether it's a good deal depends on how many hours you end up having to work, the opportunity cost of your time, and how much you think the accommodation is worth to you. And possibly whether the Swiss authorities catch up with you.

The other thing which generates a fuss, I suppose, is that nobody ever appears to have heard from anybody who has actually done this job. Which gives rise to foul, unwarranted and unchristian speculation that there's some kind of "gagging clause" in there somewhere. You'd think that positive reports from previous incumbents would be the best possible way of recruiting successors, wouldn't you?

Anyway, I think you should sign up. You could soon learn to cook a bit - it's not rocket science. Then come and tell us how you got on!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w, Very Happy Neat summary!
snow report
pam w wrote:
The other thing which generates a fuss, I suppose, is that nobody ever appears to have heard from anybody who has actually done this job. Which gives rise to foul, unwarranted and unchristian speculation that there's some kind of "gagging clause" in there somewhere. You'd think that positive reports from previous incumbents would be the best possible way of recruiting successors, wouldn't you?

Either that or the most successful troll of all time.
ski holidays
nixmap,

Unless they are all buried in your Austrian style cellar Twisted Evil
ski holidays
nixmap wrote:
pam w wrote:

Either that or the most successful troll of all time.

I seem to remember you once denied that. Vehemently.
latest report
Chamcham, or nixed it.
snow report
Chamcham wrote:

I seem to remember you once denied that. Vehemently.

You are right , that proves it. Smile
ski holidays
Shame it's hidden, I look forward to the annual nix map thread... I've never understood why so many get upset on either side.
ski holidays
WayneC, I agree.

I am thinking of starting a protest: - "BRING BACK NIXMAP'S JOB THREAD"

I just lurk and titter. . . .
ski holidays
northantsred wrote:
WayneC, I agree.

I am thinking of starting a protest: - "BRING BACK NIXMAP'S JOB THREAD"

I just lurk and titter. . . .

Its part of the site, the run up to Christmas etc. I vote bring it back.
snow conditions
If you want to "bring back" the thread, why don't you just post on it? It's already been linked to in this thread?
ski holidays
ermm - pay attention folks. The thread's back - It's in Apres
ski holidays
nbt, Ah... I got caught out with the not reading stuff properly sort of trap.... new post brings subject to top... I half read it and fire off without getting to the bottom of the page. Don't suppose it will be the last time. But I don't normally bother with the Apres, here I go...
snow conditions
musher wrote:
nixmap,

Unless they are all buried in your Austrian style cellar Twisted Evil

This may have some weight to it as Mr Fritzl has recently divorced his wife on the grounds she did not visit him. Maybe her reasons are that she is busy readying the lair .....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy