Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Binding help needed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm having some trouble finding bindings that will suit me. I have just bought a pair of rossignol experience 83's 168cm, but so far no luck on bindings. So far I have three options:

Rossignol AXIUM 110 Ski Bindings XL
Amplid THE F.T.F. Ski Bindings, 2011
Or some Marker bindings

I'm an intermediate skier and love quick fast turns, but I also went them release quickly if I crash out (broke my knee cap in feb this year)

Any other bindings I should consider?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
With correctly set DIN there is no reson bindings won't release. Having said that, the way bindigs designed they won't release anytime you fall. With a slow twisting type falls if your weight drops back there won't be enough force applied to either toe or heel piece so your skis may remain attached regardless of the DIN. Axium sound right, they have additional benefit of coming from the same manufacturer as your skis, which may extend the warranty.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fischer x13 (not x11 or 12) are a possibility. Put these on my watea 84s (167cm). Bad injuries that can be susceptible to recurrence must be treated with respect. I had a long e-mail conversation with the shop I purchased the fischer x13s and the wateas from. They rejected the x11 and x12 on the grounds that they did not necessarily release due to force in any direction. I had the setting checked in resort before I went out on the slopes.
The x13 are the top of the range and are more likely to release if the force is not completely horizontal or vertical. So go top of the range and keep the din correctly set. Your height, weight and boot size come into this. Also how good / aggressively you ski. Tell the setter your medical history and he/she will set them at the low end of the appropriate range. I won't bore you with my injuries but this is the process I followed. They come off when I need them to! Better they come off too often than not enough

Cheers
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't worry too much. Some people will say to go for bindings with more metal in them but then they'll probably be skiing at a higher level than intermediate and be wanting higher DIN and possibly wanting to avoid binding failure or pre-release as much as ensuring release. For an intermediate anything in the appropriate DIN range should be fine IMV as the worst that can happen is you break the binding in a release when you want to release anyway. It's not like you'll be hucking cliffs straight on to a fall and die slope when a pre-release might be inconvenient (not that many people do this anyway).

Everyone has an opinion on different makes - often it's not that rational so I won't share mine.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skimastaaah wrote:
The Amplid Ftf is really a Head Mojo 15, for someone skiing on a 168cm ski you gotta be 25 stone to put these on.

You could just turn the release value down a little? It does have a low end of 5, which is hardly an outrageous cliff-jumping fatty type number.

The bindings are really really by Tyrolia, and there are loads of folk who rebrand them.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Serriadh wrote:
skimastaaah wrote:
The Amplid Ftf is really a Head Mojo 15, for someone skiing on a 168cm ski you gotta be 25 stone to put these on.

You could just turn the release value down a little? It does have a low end of 5, which is hardly an outrageous cliff-jumping fatty type number.

The bindings are really really by Tyrolia, and there are loads of folk who rebrand them.

Yikes ....................... 168 skis........................... gonna be hucking a 2 inch cliff!!

U-turn on the FtF bindings........... go put them on............... look real gnaaaaaaaaarly dude.

168 is really a slalom race ski length. Sell your mini-skis and go get something with length. Size matters. Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi guys thank for the comments!! I will call the shop tomorrow and have a further chat with them!

The reason i'm going for the 168 is because they were perfect, and have used them over the last two seasons. I have skied on 176 before but the 168 that was recommended did everything I wanted! I'm 5"10 and 12 1/2 stone so the 168 is within the ski size boundary for my height.

The fischer x13 look good from what little info I can find on them!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you are worried about release - look at KneeBindings (kneebinding.com)

I wouldn't go far off piste on ski's of that length, my friend, otherwise - do whatever works for you. They sound like they would be a trip in a park!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy