Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl 2012/13

Poster: A snowHead
The hammer and nail game was alive and well at the free ride bar near the two bottom lifts last time I was in Ischgl. I've no idea WTF was going on but it looked Fun. we also saw a jeroboam of Jaegermeister being consumed by a bunch of Norse types.

10 days till we arrive back. Cant wait, but the wiggles forecast between now and then are looking a little flat Sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nagelspielen is the name if the game. I've seen it more frequently in and around Salzburg (and Oktoberfest come to think of it) though they were hammering away outside Schneggarei in Lech the other day.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Any eyes in resort this week?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Or now?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Or week starting Sunday 30th ?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Ischgl guys, I wonder: Last Monday we were on a day trip from StAnton, beautiful weather and good snow in a great ski area; but- we experienced a 40 min wait at 9-930 for the Silveretta gondola. Up in the mountain the queues were mostly ok, even for the new biggish gondola, but the morning bottom queue put us off somewhat.
Compared to StA, we found Ischgl to have far better snow due to greater height on average but also much much more crowded pistes (less so in Samnaun).

Another small matter would be that while the Silveretta gondola takes 24 people and the queue is enormous, we were puzzled by that only 18 (sitting) people went into nearly all and no lifties to enforce more people onboard. Room for improvement? Or an accepted behaviour by the regulars ?

Perhaps the morning queue in the other valley lifts /Fimba,Pardatch is better ? What is your preferred starting point, except Samnaun ?

In short: Were we just unlucky, or is a 40 min wait normal for the Silveretta morning queue ?

Thanx for any response !
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We have always found a big queue at the silvretta lift at 9.30, probably because ski school starts at 10, the queues at the other lifts are never so bad. It is also the one nearest the outdoor car park, so visitors to the resort will use it. Beginners or ski schoolers rarely use the pardatschgratbahn because you have to ski down to Idalp
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Geh, The Silveretta does often had bad queues which - as you say - are in stark contrast to the rest of the q-free Ischgl lift system.

I think it's partly because of the adjacent coach park bringing in the day-trippers and partly because people cant be bothered to walk 5 mins to the travelator that takes you through to the Fimbabahn. I've never queued more than a couple of mins at the latter.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Geh, Just got back this afternoon. I was in the queue at 9.00 most days but for the Fimbabhan as its closer to my hotel and never queued for more than 10 minutes except yesterday. The Silvrettabahn broke down causing big queues at the other two lifts. The Silvrettbahn always seems to have bigger queues for reasons mentioned. The replacement Pardatschgratbahn opens next season so should reduce the problem. I'm surprised that the lifties weren't encouraging filling the gondolas as they were on the Fimba
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks all! Then, on our next day visit, we will make the necessary walk to the Fimba/Pardatch. Rather at 10 minute walk for the "travelator" than the Silveretta mess. Good luck to the lifties there - 6 people missing in every gondola every , say, 10 seconds is 360 people every 10 minutes which is a small crowd in itself - or what ? But queues aside, Ischgl is lovely and the only remaining "problem" there is that is attracts morning crowds I am not used to eiher from StA, Kitz or even 3V and ParadiSki. But up the mountain, Ischgl gets my top score !
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Corky, how was the snow and will there be any in 2 weeks...we are just booking..
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowyowl, Forecast for next Saturday onwards looking like a big dump on the way with colder temperatures
We are heading there next weekend
Have to ask the question will there be to much snow Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Garfield, Oh Ok, well too much is good.. we have chains! Was just looking at Obergurgl/Solden but will take a look at Ischgl again (avoiding the Silvretta Gondola, then)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowyowl, Lots of snow, no runs closed because of a lack it. Early in the week it was very good and because of the clear skies, quite icy in the morning. However, it was very warm and getting relatively slushy lower down by the middle of the week. I've skied in much worse though. It doesn't necessarily need a snowfall but certainly needs a significant drop in temperature. Forecast is for snow and lower temperatures at the weekend but who knows.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowyowl, We have used the Silvretta in the past and its fine if you are there by 9
We will be using the other lifts in the morning as we are staying near the Dorf tunnel this time
Have skied a couple of times in Obergurgl the two resorts are very different experiences would be happy going to ether though
ski holidays
There can be too much snow, we were 24 hours late in resort, they closed the road with an avalanche threat Sad back out in 12 days so just the right amount of snow please
snow report
Lots of snow today Very Happy
ski holidays
Anyone out in Iscghl next week ?
snow conditions
Geh wrote:
...we experienced a 40 min wait at 9-930 for the Silveretta gondola...the other valley lifts /Fimba,Pardatch is better ? What is your preferred starting point, except Samnaun ?

I've been to Ischgl 4 times now* and think I've only used the Silveretta bahn onece, maybe twice. We aim for the first lift (don't always make it mind but never too far off) and always go to the Fimbabahn as you often don't have a queue for the ticket barriers, just the slow (2 min) shuffle on to a gondola. The only reason to use the Silveretta bahn is if you're up the top end of town, where you would have to walk past it. If you're above/central (even opposite the SB) then it's an easy stroll to the tunnel where you can ride the travellator right to the FB.

* Would be more if friends stopped doing stupid things like buying houses/getting married/dropping babies, the fools!
ski holidays
deerman wrote:
Anyone out in Iscghl next week ?

Was meant to be (see above comment on friends buying houses and dropping babies) Evil or Very Mad
snow report
Just back
After a big dump of snow last Sunday conditions were excellent all week
snow conditions
Booked for Ischgl for a short break next week

Forecast looks warm and wet.

Let's hope it cools.

Last year at this time it was like mid winter !
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy