Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl 2012/13

Poster: A snowHead
No real change on Tuesday, but cold, pistes great in the morning, resort run always a bit scraped.

Off to explore Galtur today as have somebody to ski with, 5cm new snow so far on the balcony.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Galtur light snow all day,with the flat light made for some fun, some runs had ankle/boot deep pow on the sides, fantastic fun.

I think Ischgl had the same, still snizzling at the mo, maybe 10 cm fell during the day, off to Kappl tomorrow on crystal punter ski away day. Friday shaping up to be wall to wall sun. If this snow continues gonna be v. Good but gotta to get early to avoid the hungover hordes snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
"We all came out to Montreux, on the Lake Geneva shoreline
to make records with a mobile, we didn't have much time..."

Deep Purple closing Ischgl on 30 April.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi All! Long time follower, first time poster. I will be out in Ischgl for the last week of Feb - can anyone give me an update on current conditions. On and off the piste?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
One of the weather forecasts I'm watching for next week (2-9 March) seems to swing from just above freezing during the day, to -10 to -15 at night. Any one else seeing this ? While it may be glorious sunshine, there doesn't seem to be any sign of new snow on the way.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

"We all came out to Montreux, on the Lake Geneva shoreline
to make records with a mobile, we didn't have much time..."

Quote:

Deep Purple closing Ischgl on 30 April.

WOW how cool is that Cool
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
anyone out in that area now?

I'm off to Fiss on Sunday and wondered what conditions are like?

TIA
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Anyone on the ground at the moment ? Arriving for a short break on Saturday so any update welcome. Forecast seems pretty chilly !
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Got a text from a mate saying it was great, that's as much as I can say, enjoy!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
come on people...what is the snow like in Ischgl? Going out in the morning, please tell.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Arrived lunch time today. Pistes at top great. Softer lower down but skiable although we chose to download from mid station. Due to be a liitle cooler tomorrow ( but todays sun wasn't forecast) so expect tomorrow will be as good
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for that. Did you lift down due to the number of skiers or due to the snow conditions?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Piste condition and laziness. Slopes were pretty quiet
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Piz Val Gronda info

http://www.ischgl.com/de/active/skigebiet/piz-val-gronda

http://www.ischgl.com/de/active/skigebiet/baublog-fakten/baublog?category=107132
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Good 10-20cm on slopes today. Pistes in good condition, very good before the fresh snow got cut up. Off piste variable and a bit luck of the draw. Observed some good partying by the British contingent in the Hotel Elizabeth...
snow conditions
Piste conditions continue to be very good indeed. Off piste variable, yesterday had plenty of fun soft snow to play in (though not deep). Today the high winds of yesterday had left a wind crust in many places.
latest report
Am in ischgl with a crowd.would quite like to buy you a drink for all of your weather forecasts. Am going home on Saturday.
Very Happy
ski holidays
I arrive in Galtuer on Sat, looking forward to enjoying the slopes around Ischgl. Hoping to make up this time around for the 4 days I couldn't ski at Ischgl in 2012 due to too much snow Very Happy
snow report
10ish cms of fresh snow to play with this morning, very crowed early on, in whiteout. The cloud broke up this afternoon, leading to lots of moguls on the busier pistes.
Very cold on the peaks and exposed traversing pistes, with a vicious northerly wind.
All good, topped off with a bit of mental apres in the Ktiz Loch.
Happy days! Very Happy
ski holidays
Keep the Ischgl reports coming everyone.

Why this place doesn't get much of a look in from the Brits is a mystery.

Roll on 8th March. wink
snow report
hedley, No idea either but for me its one of the attractions - it increases the feeling of being away from home.
ski holidays
hedley, Corky, If you like that aspect of Ischgl, you should try Serfaus/Fiss.

The same but more so
snow report
I'd like to but there's a big group of us and everyone always wants to go back to Ischgl. 50 cms of snow forecast for Sunday with top ups during the week.
snow conditions
margaret, sorry didn't get back in touch and thanks for the offer of a drink. Had left town by the time I got your message!
snow report
Corky, gotcha - Ischgl is the better bet for a lively group but you really should try to get over there if you get the chance - I would say a better and bigger piste skiing area than Ischgl and that's saying something!
snow report
Some discussion the other day about Ischgl and off piste on another thread. The obvious answer is get a guide, but here are some relevant links:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/8318433/Single-for-the-season-Party-hard-ski-harder-in-Ischgl.html

http://www.skiinfo.fr/galerie-photos/p/photo/762/seul-dans-l-immensité-du-domaine-hors-piste-d-ischgl-id97457#content_pos

http://www.romantica.at/skifahren/freeride.html
latest report
Any one out there at the moment. Looking at the Ischgl.com website it appears the whole right hand side of the mountain on the bodenalp /gampenalp side is shut?

Surely conditions can't be that bad?
snow report
hedley, Its been closed on and off all week due to high winds, shame, as its my favourite part. Hopefully they will have abated by the time I get there.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Corky, thanks for that.

Are you flying out on the 8th ?

We are on the early Thomson Manchester flight to Innsbruck.

I'm on the annual lads trip, 6 of us, so I'm sure we will bump into each other. wink
ski holidays
hedley, Yes, Gatwick to Innsbruck at 05:55. Three of us on that flight but about a dozen others coming on other flights and some Dutch friends driving down.
snow report
Webcams look good this morning. Very Happy
latest report
Fair bit of new snow. Smile
snow report
40 cms during Sunday and through Sunday night, made for great conditions today.
Slightly warm lower down, -5℃ at the midstation Idalp. No wind at all while the snow fell was welcome, as the previous few days had had strong winds on exposed peaks and ridges, which had scrubbed off a lot of snow. We went east of Altrida this morning, and there was fantastic off piste under the Visnitzbahn and around the Mullerbahn lifts. Well, everywhere really!
Very Happy
Happy days!

The Trofanna Alm was mobbed for the usual crazy apres!
Very Happy
ski holidays
snowgood, thanks for keeping us posted.
ski holidays
Cheers Hedley,
Clear skies today on the most part, with loads of Sunday's 40cm still left to mash up!
28cm forecast for tomorrow on bergfex.com so the excellent conditions should continue.
Aspects exposed to the sun were getting a bit heavy this afternoon. Inbetween the trees, south west aspects were getting green in the trees on the way down to Pardatschgrat at the end of the day, even though the trees were still covered. The piste down was getting soft.

On the apres front, Sweet Caroline, Eis Bear and the Helicopter song going down well in the Kitz Loch!
Toofy Grin
ski holidays
snowgood, I'm jealous! My week there last week went too quickly. Had an amazing time. Fresh snow on the Sunday morning and on the Friday morning. The only not so good part was the 40 min crush to get on the Silvrettabahn on the Monday due to the other lifts being closed. I was on the first bus out of Galtuer, got to the gondola and the queue was half way down the side of the building. By the time I got on the gondola the queue was all the way around 2 sides of the building! I did a few runs then went to Kappl to avoid the crowded pistes and enjoyed it much more than I thought I would, although with South facing slopes it can get mushy in the afternoon if it's warm.

On the apres front it's great to see that health and safety hasn't yet completely killed off the hammer and nail game Smile

My skiing is now done for this season unless I get a lottery win, but for those of you out there at the mo, or are due to go out - have a skitastic time!
ski holidays
handbag, we headed to Kappl that day too. The queues were mad that morning.
Where did you see the nail game? The last time I saw that was at the bottom of Sonnenkoft about five years ago, a game of that would be great fun!
Used to play a lot years ages in Soll, as friends of mine were carpenters and couldn't resist!
Anyway, we've had a couple of little top ups of snow the last couple of nights. Lovely squeeky snow today and much colder than last week.
latest report
The hammer and nail game is alive and well at the Wirlerhof apres bar at Wirl. I assume you're out there for the rest of the season? Lucky you Smile
snow report
handbag only here untill next week end. A season would be very nice!
Looks like there were high winds up around Piz Val Gronda last night, yesterday there were great lines to be had all over and they were being used. Today it's all been stripped off and all the tracks are no more!
The wind doesn't seem to have affected any other peaks.
The piste skiing today wad excellent with top carving conditions.
There was snow forecast for Thursday, but that has mired to Saturday in the latest from bergfex.com
snow report
handbag only here untill next week end. A season would be very nice!
Looks like there were high winds up around Piz Val Gronda last night, yesterday there were great lines to be had all over and they were being used. Today it's all been stripped off and all the tracks are no more!
The wind doesn't seem to have affected any other peaks.
The piste skiing today wad excellent with top carving conditions.
There was snow forecast for Thursday, but that has mired to Saturday in the latest from bergfex.com
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy