Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic Cool Minx - Would You?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all

I posted last week asking for advice re buying a pair of 2nd hand skis - intermediate skier, dont like too much speed, a bit of a girl really! I am heavy, but reasonably ski fit. We only ski for a week a year at the moment, but wanted to have my own skis rather than hire - I have my own boots, as I am very difficult to fit well in hire shops.

I have continued with the research, looking at some of the skis you suggested. In the meantime, a friend of a friend has offered me a pair of lightly skied Atomic Cool Minx - she has ijured her knee for a 2nd time, and following surgery, has decided her skiing days are over. She has said I can have them very cheaply - are they any good? They are 2008 skiis, but have only been skiied on for 2 weeks, due to the injury.

Thanks for your time

R
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If your on the heavy side then these will probably not do you any favours, cool minx is a lower end ski ability wise, its pretty ok for learning to carve on but if your an intermediate skier then they probably won't cut it. I believe the longest they were available in was a 168. you don't say how tall you are but usually if your on the heavy side you would want a longer ski than usually recommended for your height. The only way your going to know for sure is to try them, perhaps your friend would loan you for a day at the dome? In my honest opinion if they are any good for you this season that will probably be about all you will get out of them so unless they are cheaper than the hire cost plus extra baggage charge don't bother.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy