Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Living the dream - advice required

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Living the dream - advice required.

Hi - I've made the decision to spend jan - apr next year living in the mountains. I've requested the sabbatical from work and am expecting to hear back from them shorty.

I'm hoping that someone on this forum can provide me with advice for how best to spend this time. 

- I ski mainly off piste and am looking to spend this time seriously building skills, fitness and mountain knowledge to start getting further into the back country, including as many hut to hut trips as I can

- I completed an intro to touring course in Cairngorm last year and will look to build on this

- I would consider either joining a course around these requirements if the price was right or just going out independently. My concern is being able to find similarly minded individuals who want to tour with me. Any thoughts on the best locations / Accommodation to achieve this? My concern would be ending up only meeting the 18 year old gap year crew who spend all day in the park and all night in the pub

- I'd also like to develop general mountaineering skills. Any thoughts how this can be achieved on a budget and in the timeframe? I'd considered spending Apr on a course in Nepal as the climbing season will be underway by then .

- I don't NEED to work during the period, provided my accommodation is not too expensive and will be focusing my time on skiing although a bar job or similar a couple of nights a week might be nice.

- Im from the uk. All of my previous skiing has been in France / Italy. I've been to Val D'Isere / Tignes many times and love the ease of access to off piste terrain there. 

I'd thought I might stay in Chalet Chardons at Tignes les Breviers, giving me the option to bus down to
BSM or Sainte Foy easily for a change of scenery. I've read lots of positive things about Chalet Chardons on this site. This works out as £2500 for the 17 weeks including food! Bargain. Any ideas for other locations (I'm limited to western Europe as my girlfriend will be visiting) and accommodation options?

Thanks for reading - I appreciate it's a bit of a rant, any help or advice to make sure that my trip is a success is much appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This is a duplicate thread - replies are on this one http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2086397#2086397
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Apologies all not sure how that happened. Admin please close / delete this thread
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy