Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Esprit or Mark Warner for centre of Val D'Isere?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just as the title says really snowHead

Both have chalet hotels in the centre of Val D'Isere, MW is about £600 more expensive(!) but has evening childcare allowing you to go into town, SE have baby listening so you could a least go to the hotel bar.
MW is about £600 difference across the two weeks so theoretically we could stay with SE instead and just pay for a private sitter for the odd night out.
Anyone stayed with either company in the centre of Val D'Isere and have any comments/recommendations about the quality of childcare or accomodation?????? Our bubs will be 16 months when we go.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yes

I reposted this just a few days back but will again th ecomments are general. We have stayed in the MW Hotel Val D'Isere several times also the Cygnaski

MARK WARNER vs ESPRIT
hello ,we have used both . About 7 weeks with MW 3x 2 weeks in Val, both at the Val d'Isere and Cygnaski and a week in Tignes, and various Esprit; Chamonix, les Arcs, Peisey, Le Rossiere and summer in Sass Fee.

Various differences

CHILDREN/Childcare

All Esprit holidays have childcare- all the guests will have kids with them (just possible a few last minutes without but unlikely). Not all MW places take kids and those that do are just as likely to have more guests without children as those that do. So a little difference with the dynamics. At most MW places we have stayed there were some guests who quite obviously objected to kids in general.

Childcare very similar, although my children particularly enjoy the communal singing with Esprit and gunging- not a feature of MW at all. Childcare with MW not obviously different to me, although Esprit , having more children has a better 'vibe'.

Prices for childcare broken down a bit more in Esprit as far as I can remember.

PRICE

Mark Warner a little more expensive.

STAFF

Most MW chalet / managerial /hotel staff very nicely spoken, public school, etc

Levels of service just the same with the exception of MW staff carrying bags to rooms (although I think Esprit have done this at least once)

Chalets/Chalet Hotels

Both highly variable. MW 'Hotel Val D'Isere' one of if not the most expensive MW hotel is really quite run down and tired- it has a pool though.
Esprit 'Hotel Sapiniere' in Cham likewise- and we had no hot water for a week.

Esprit Chalets in Peisey however- amazing- large, luxurious, hot tubs (but a bit icky and could have done with a clean) large screen TVs- big rooms really good.

FOOD
Chalet hotels always better than Chalets (professional chefs in professional kitchen vs students on gap year in a tiny kitchen)
Best food ever in Sapiniere in Chamonix- the chef had worked at the Ivy

SICKNESS

We have often had D&V at MW places in Val- unless we didn't drink tap water and stayed out of the pool. Likewise lots of other guests. Think this is a VdI thing.

Ski Hosting
Much better with MW- good ski hosts with at least 1 group that goes fast.

I think out kids enjoy Esprit more. We ski a lot with kids and haven't been with MW for years- but MW does have one particular gem- the last 2 weeks of April in Val D'Isere are very good value- for adults 2 weeks for 2/3rds the price of 1 week Feb half term. If you have preschool kids then this is really good.

Check where the Ski Esprit place is. The Hotel Val D'Isere is near but not that near the slopes what ever they may say. A bit of a trog in ski boots. Really up to you to decide if you want to go out on the town....WHen we were last with MW they didn't do a baby listening service unless you were in the hotel and even on the staff night off they made all the children sleep in the creche.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My understanding is that you can go out with your children signed into baby listening though I must admit we didn't just down to the lounge bar and restaurant
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
NickyJ wrote:
My understanding is that you can go out with your children signed into baby listening though I must admit we didn't just down to the lounge bar and restaurant

With Ski Esprit if you've signed your kids into baby listening you can't go out, it is what it says on the tin a listening service for chalet hotels.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy