Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski stop over - Burgundy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone help me, looking to take the family to Vaujany at New Year, can anyone suggest any reasonable B&B or table d'hote in Burgundy (macon area)? We are looking for a family room as travelling with 2 little ones. Don't want to spend more than 100 euros for the night and trying to avoid the really cheap and cheerful. Thanks Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SHORTNAME, Welcome to Snowheads Very Happy

It might be worth ploughing through this thread to see if there's anything suitable. Someone may also be along with a more specific reponse. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=28639
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SHORTNAME, It's many years ago now, but a couple of times when driving down to the french alps, we stopped off at a motorway service area and stayed in a room there. Expected a dosshouse but found an enormous comfortable room for a very cheap price, with the advantage of a decent meal at the restuarant. Way above Travelodge standard.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SHORTNAME wrote:
Can anyone help me, looking to take the family to Vaujany at New Year, can anyone suggest any reasonable B&B or table d'hote in Burgundy (macon area)? We are looking for a family room as travelling with 2 little ones. Don't want to spend more than 100 euros for the night and trying to avoid the really cheap and cheerful. Thanks Puzzled

We've stayed here for the last 3 seasons. Very friendly owner, lovely premises and 15 mins off the autoroute. Usually pay around 90 euros for two interconnecting rooms (1 double 1 twin with bathroom between) & breakfast. You also get full use of the kitchen so if you do have any cold stuff you can put it in the fridge.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The thing that has always bothered about stop overs is leaving a fully laden car unattended overnight.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

The thing that has always bothered about stop overs is leaving a fully laden car unattended overnight.

I did once see a family of 4 carrying all their skis, along with an electric kettle, into their room in a Formule 1. Laughing I agree, it is a bit worrying. I take my laptop, and the key documents - passports, insurance etc in with me, and then trust to luck. Done it lots of times and never lost anything yet - though there's always a first time. If you're tired, it's a lot less risky than driving on regardless. Skullie
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Don't have anywhere specific to recommend but when looking for stopovers I often use the Logis de France website - it covers a range of small hotels, many of whom do family rooms and you can search both by map and date and also often book online. It's a bit more of a lottery than your standard chain hotel but you are less likely to end up on what feels like an industrial estate just off a motorway.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Or try
Alastair Sawday's "Special Places to stay" http://www.sawdays.co.uk/accommodation/?countryColl=France
Probably easiest to go to MAPS and home in on the area you want.. The reviews are longer if you sign up but I've never stayed at a dud.
Though some are a bit expensive, most really aren't.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks all for your responses, will take a look. I am under strict instructions to steer clear of Formula 1 or similar as last year some inconsiderate guests next door kept us and more importantly our kids up til 3am..not what we needed after such a long drive.

SNOWLAMB, I've written to the place you suggested, are they usually quick to respond? Do they speak good english if i call them?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowlamb wrote:
SHORTNAME wrote:

We've stayed here for the last 3 seasons. Very friendly owner, lovely premises and 15 mins off the autoroute. Usually pay around 90 euros for two interconnecting rooms (1 double 1 twin with bathroom between) & breakfast. You also get full use of the kitchen so if you do have any cold stuff you can put it in the fridge.

are they quick to respond, sent them a note the other day? I lot of the people I've contacted have not written back.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SHORTNAME wrote:

are they quick to respond, sent them a note the other day? I lot of the people I've contacted have not written back.

They don't speak much English & I don't speak much French but we seem to get by. Veronique is very friendly and they do usually respond fairly promptly. When I get home I'll check and see if I have an alternative email address for her.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SHORTNAME, you could try this place, no dinner provided, but there are several restaurants in nearby Nuit St Georges

http://www.athomeinburgundy.com

Scottish couple so there should be no language difficulties.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy