Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Glacier

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:
Always my favourite time of the year, when the first snow starts appearing on the webcams !
Funny, but my favourite time of year is the depths of winter when a metre of snow appears on chalet roofs on the webcams..... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
More snow last night, including a dusting down to resort level.

The glacier looks like it's shaping up nicely for the pre-season, which begins in a couple of days time. Looking forward to getting out there in a week Happy

snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Should be good for our training from October 20th, right through to December!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, hmm, wonder if I can have a selective ignore for certain dates set Wink

How are you capturing that single image from the webcam??
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski, just a screen grab.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Looking good... I'll be there first 2 weeks in December
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar, bah!! Not helping my one site to goto for weather and webcams!! Snow looking like it's had a decent amount up there, starting to cover up that big rock the funicular goes over.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kitenski, oh, sorry, misunderstood. Try this:

http://tignes360.livecam360.com/grande-motte/flash/main.swf

http://tignes360.livecam360.com/lac/flash/main.swf
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar, yeh I know about those pages, but they are flash based, I'm trying to find a link to a JPEG, and struggling!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
kitenski, Try this.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rjs, superb. thanks Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rjs, excellent. Works for Le Lac as well

http://www.tignes.net/data/webcam/lac_noFlash.jpg
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thanks alot, now makes this page work, meaning I don't have to trawl lots of sites for quick fixes!

http://gregh.co.uk/php/gfsruns.php?select=tignes

I assume all the webcams at Tignes have a noflash option, any idea how I get the URLs for the rest of them???
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kitenski, Go to the resort website and click on the "webcams" link.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rjs, that takes me to the flash versions...............
snow conditions
kitenski wrote:

It doesn't if you view it on a browser without flash.
ski holidays
rjs, sorry sounding a bit dumb, so I need to install another browser or can I make Chrome or IE appear to be flashless????
latest report
rjs wrote:
kitenski wrote:

It doesn't if you view it on a browser without flash.

You're not suggesting folk uninstall flash, view the webpage, and then reinstall it for the rest of the time?

here's the complete list of webcam images:

http://www.tignes.net/data/webcam/lac_noFlash.jpg
http://www.tignes.net/data/webcam/val_claret_noFlash.jpg
http://www.tignes.net/data/webcam/grande_motte_noFlash.jpg
http://www.tignes.net/data/webcam/toviere_noFlash.jpg
http://www.tignes.net/data/webcam/brevieres_noFlash.jpg
snow report
feef, many thanks Smile
snow report
kitenski wrote:
rjs, sorry sounding a bit dumb, so I need to install another browser or can I make Chrome or IE appear to be flashless????

I presumed that you were already using a browser without flash and that was why you wanted JPEGs.
ski holidays
rjs, no, it's to make a page with all webcams, weather forecasts and GFS charts in one place, purely for my conveniance, which is now complete here:

ski holidays
kitenski wrote:
...it's to make a page with all webcams, weather forecasts and GFS charts in one place, purely for my conveniance, which is now complete here:

And a thing of great beauty it is, too. Now added to my 'favourites' - hope you don't mind Cool
ski holidays
Red Leon, no worries, I put it together for my benefit originally a few years back, but more than happy for others to use it! Smile
latest report
surely just a canon test and not really running them already are they???

snow report
kitenski, bound to be a test. That won't last, and I guess it's going to be at least another 4 or 6 weeks before it gets cold enough to start piling up snow on Double M which seems to be the first piste to get artificial snow made on it.

However, I did notice the Panoramic restaurant at the top of the funicular has turned all the external picnic tables on to their sides. Always a good sign of incoming snow if the local restaurants take action to save digging out the tables Happy
snow conditions
Yip - yesterday must have been the day - they were going all round resort and blokes with hammers encoraging the errant ones!
latest report
Photo from earlier today showing Champagny piste

Photo credit: Tignes Tourist Office
snow conditions
Of course the glacier is shrinking, it's been shrinking for 10,000 years since the end of the last ice age. Glaciers are not normal at that altitude and latitude! If they were then new ones would be forming.

"OMG the whole of northern Europe was covered by an ice sheet that has now gone. How sad." LOL!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar, looks pretty average, all that black snow showing through Twisted Evil
latest report
kitenski, Laughing
snow conditions
I see first tracks on the Champagny stade on this morning's webcam. Pre-season opening day tomorrow. Winter is on the way...!
ski holidays
Excitement buiding in the village - shame its going to be a lousy weekend - might just be cold enough to produce snow uo top.
snow report
looking pretty good up there on the webcams, do I spy some fresh tracks! Is Leisse open?

ski holidays
kitenski, no, Leisse is closed. The glacier opened yesterday, so tracks everywhere. Lifts which look they are open are cablecar, Champagny and 35 t-bars, plus the little chair to get across to the glacier from the funicular station. Rosolin looks like it has been pisted for a few days, by the track up the drag line hasn't been prepared, possibly because of insufficient snow to cover the rocks.
ski holidays
rob@rar, looks like the top of Leisse is pisted from that pic, so maybe needs a bit more lower down......
latest report
kitenski, there's also a big ridge across the top of it, I guess from where the piste bashers have been pushing snow up to the chairlift dismount. Even if it has snow top to bottom I don't think they are planning on opening it just now.
latest report
Looking nice in Tignes today

Photo from Tignes Tourist Office
latest report
Cracking pic... thanks for sharing rob@rar.

Would beat the crappy work environment i'm sitting in right now.
ski holidays
Niiiiice Cool

Presume that is the top of the telecabin? i.e. highest lift.

Every time I took that lift last December, I'd feel dizzy for about 10 seconds after walking to roughly where those people are gathered. Very strange feeling, and quite fine afterwards.
snow report
must be time for Tignes 2012-13 thread in the snow reports section?? I assume rob@rar, will be starting one when he arrives Smile

and in a related note, the new Val D'Isere website has gone live, could someone do me a favour and post the non flash webcam links please Smile

http://www.valdisere.com/valdisere/fr/val_d_isere/webcams/webcams

Thanks!

Greg

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 1-10-12 15:32; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy