Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lermoos for Families

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone give a view on whether Lermoos is suitable for families? Kids are 5, 7 and 9. This is our first time travelling with them for skiing. Considering doing self catering so wondering what ski school, restaurants etc. are like.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't comment as never been but most places in Austria are well geared up for families. Have a wee look at Kappl too - have taken my 3 kids their a couple of times in the last few years and wished I'd discovered the place earlier. Kappl has a great fun looking beginner area for kids and imprtantly from your point of view, all the runs on the hill feed into this area, so you can see how they're getting on.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've been to Lermoos several times, it's a great little area. I however don't have a family and have always stayed in Garmisch so can't really answer your questions specifically.

However, it certainly seems to be very popular with families (loads of Dutch families head there for some reason).

Best on-mountain resaurant is the Wolfratshauser Hutte, but you're required to ski a little bit off-piste to get out of there so maybe not appropriate. Larme Ente is a fun apres bar but again maybe not for the little ones (although it's not particularly wild, just maybe a bit loud).

No idea about ski school or restaurants in the village other than to say it's a quaint looking village.

Berwang is closeby and seems to be more popular with British families, so you might stand a better chance of getting English langauge ski school. Lermoos however is better skiing.

The Happy Ski Card includes several other resports in the area (including Berwang), but on the Austrian side Lermoos is by far the best. Garmisch is also included and certainly good fun, although generally much more crowded. The Zugspitze glacier is included and worth heading up if for no other reason than the view. The on-piste skiing is pretty limited.

The scenery is amazing:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/berliner_jake/5320689831/in/set-72157625614579095
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy