Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dynastar Cham range?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone tried the new Dynastar Cham range, in particular the high mountain?

http://www.dynastar.com/GB/GB/dynastar-skis-men-freeride.html

Will they live up to the Legend?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No-one?

They seem to be on sale in the UK but I've not really heard about them.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
galpinos, Edge and Wax have reviewed them on their youtube channel.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Olly,

Cheers, I didn't even realise they had a YouTube Channel! I just need to find a review/info for the high mountain now.....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pretty new to get many reviews of them yet...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
True, I was just thinking a pair of the high mountain 97s with some plums would do me right for 90% of my skiing but am not sure about the stiff flat pintail. Looks like I'll have to test them somewhere!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
HM 97 got an 'ok' review on expertskier.com, nothing outstanding, but the normal Cham 97 was quite liked and got some favourable comments. New Kastle TX range touring skis did much better.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think Blister have one of the Cham skis in Las Lenas atm, their reviews are normally pretty good - thorough and non-biased (which makes a nice change).
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Can't speak for the high mountains but the standard 97 and 107 were really good! lots of grip on piste with enough rocker in the nose to float you up! Personally preferred the 107, it was so easy to use I think I would rather have the more waist width!

We also have the 97 and 107 in stock! soon to have the 127 Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We tested them in March, and we loved them, videos here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL29268B9F0E97CD7E&feature=plcp thanks for the mention o11y

I am a huge fan of the legends, so was sad to see them go, I wouldnt say the Chams are a direct replacement due to the new profile/radius but I rate them very, very highly. I know we sell them, but remember when we did these videos we were spending a week testing everything (193 skis between 4 of us plus filming, retakes and a rush to A&E for stitches, in 4 days), and these were just-got-off-the-skis videos, which we do for EVERY ski we test (even those we dont go on to stock) and there was full thumbs ups across the board. The 97 has stunning edge hold and was a perfect ski for me, whilst Harry loved the 107 with its float. I think they have done a cracking job with these, the Dynastar line this year in full, including womens, is one of the strongest looking ones, we felt, after visiting all the shows.

One of the standout skis for this year, I had the 97 as Ski of the year, and the Atomic Alibi second, so I was almost right Smile

What I have noticed consistently is that our American friends seem to be less positive, whereas I have seen consistent positive comments in Europe, not here to judge why, just something I have noticed trawling through other ski tests to see where ours stack up.

Hope that helps!

ScottyDog
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Great vids ScottyDog.

Would be very helpful to have the lengths of ski available for the model tested, dimensions, and turn radius.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mike Pow wrote:
Great vids ScottyDog.

Would be very helpful to have the lengths of ski available for the model tested, dimensions, and turn radius.

Thanks for the feedback Mike. We do list all the tech data, on our website Smile We also test a variety of lengths to give an overall impression, and will say "best skied long/short" if that is what we have found.

Only so much we can cram into the videos in just 4 days, so we put ALL the tech on the site along with construction etc. We are a bit nerdy here.

Maybe we will add that tech info to the front slide next year, the problem is getting the data in march, as in some cases it changes due to feedback from earlier testing.

Thanks!

ScottyDog
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Roger that Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ScottyDog,

A couple of questions if you've got time?

Are they as fun/playful/responsive as the Scott Venture?

Why don't you stock the high mountain version? Not a good ski or just not the right ski for your taget customer demographic?

Cheers for the reviews, intersting stuff!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
galpinos wrote:
ScottyDog,

A couple of questions if you've got time?

Are they as fun/playful/responsive as the Scott Venture?

Why don't you stock the high mountain version? Not a good ski or just not the right ski for your taget customer demographic?

Cheers for the reviews, intersting stuff!

I don't come on here often, but you got lucky as I just was passing by Wink

I have spent a LOT of time on the Venture and was testing these very early. For me, I felt the Chams were a little more responsive. The Venture feels to have the edge in the powder, but the Chams seemed to turn initiate a little quicker. Probably because the Chams have the extra radius in the tip, while the Venture has the Venturi tip and tail for float in the soft stuff.

Both excellent skis though, splitting hairs a little. I felt I could pull the turn in on the Cham a little easier though when needed. But the Venture has got me out of a few scrapes when I have exceeded my abilities, so I do rate those too!

We ARE going to do the HM, probably. The issue we have is we like to ski what we sell, so we can stand by our choices. As I couldn't get access to the HM model, I didn't want to commit. On paper it looks excellent, but the feedback we also got from the testers was that the 87 is pretty light as is. So it isn't anything against the skis, it is just how we select. So it is on my radar for me to hear back from a couple of people when they get to ski it and if it is good (Which I expect it to be) we will bring it in, as it would pair up nicely with a Dynafit or G3 Tech binding, for a very light set-up! I question whether the edge hold will be identical, with the lighter construction it might lose just a little. We did have this ski ticked at the show to stock, based on visuals and ski tech data, but just didn't get to ski them Sad

Hope that helps,

ScottyDog
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy