Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

need resort suggestions for march 2013 please

Poster: A snowHead
so the other half and I went to soll with crystal last year and had a great time..hotel was amazing, the service both on and off the mountain was great..snow was great and the lifts were fantastic no Q's at all

so looking at this years trip and im after some resort advice as I dont really know much about the resorts of Europe..so heres the brief

traveling first week in march
would like a resort with character no concrete jungles
a bit bigger that soll, in terms of town. Soll was great but tiny
somewhere with good customer service
decent selection of hotels...only two of us going so apartments tend to be expensive for us
flights out of scotland so thats...
resort doesnt need to be huge
mostly blue and reds with the odd black were not extreme skiers yet haha
tree lined if possible but not essiential
transfer should be under 90 mins

we both really enjoyed austria so thats my starting point for searching but im asking for help as i dont really know much about elsewhere

so what ye all think?

oh and p.s i will be looking at DIY and TO

cheers in advance
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ischgl
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lech or Zurs
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Schladming - fits the bill, proper town and lots of tree lined skiing with very reliable snow. Not sure about flights from Scotland to Salzburg though?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JET2 do a salzburg flight.....easyjet do a munich flight cant see an innsbruck flight and easyjet do a Geneva flight if anyone suggests france

looking at ischgl and lech / zurs they look friggin expensive!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
enduroaid, Kitzbuhel/Kirchberg, Mayrhofen, Saalbach, Zell am See.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
enduroaid, Kitzbuhel/ Kirchberg, ticks all your boxes.............via Munich (Lufthanse Glasgow?) or Salzburg (Jet 2/ Thomson/ Air Berlin) . You'll love it Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
enduroaid, often the austrian hotels put together packages that include lift passes etc, I've found they are not always obvious from their websites though, so worth asking if they do a package if you contact a few...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Crystal have flights Glasgow to Salzburg. Loads of resorts would fit the bill for you. Kitzbuhel in particular sounds perfect.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Markymark29 wrote:
enduroaid, Kitzbuhel/ Kirchberg, ticks all your boxes.............via Munich (Lufthanse Glasgow?)
My Glasgow pals use the Manchester-Munich Lufthansa service. Not that bad a drive from Glasgow to Manchester.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kitzbuhel is a good size town (though not too big) with shops in ancient arcades in the centre and mediaeval town gate. It might sound low but further east the snow line is lower. Not much in the way of tough runs but you didn't want that.
Lech is a place packed with the fur coat crowd and aims to be a bit exclusive (so not cheap). The Swiss exchange rate is ridiculous so don't bother looking at the famous Swiss resorts.
How about Dolomites? The Sella Ronda circuit has fans on here and someone will be on soon, no doubt to suggest a town. Quite good value and spectacular scenery - the few tough runs are mostly by Arabba (which you might find too small anyway). Personally I don't like Cortina in the Dolomites (too big a town and very dislocated bits of skiing around it).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Phone any of the TUI co's to get flight only prices. I use the Edinburgh Innsbruck flight every year - costs around £280 but cuts out a lot of hassle. From Innsbruck loads of great resorts within an hour - Arlberg resorts, Ischgl/Kappl, Serfaus, Solden and Zillertal. Saalbach and Kitz would fit the bill too - fly to Salzburg from Gla or Edi.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

often the austrian hotels put together packages that include lift passes etc, I've found they are not always obvious from their websites though, so worth asking if they do a package if you contact a few...

kitenski, Good shout - enduroaid, they are called Pauschalenwoche
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ok so liking the idea of Kitzbuhel as its not too far from airport and i can get decent flights with either sleazyjet or jet2 and it looks really nice

so next question.....Kitzbuhel hotels....any suggestions that wont break the bank?? would be nice if its walking distance to bars etc and had a sauna or pool etc etc as the misses likes the pool or spa after a days skiing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
enduroaid, suggest you get on the Kitzbuhel website very good and get drooling, skies the limit! Some sensible ones, but also plenty of full-on 4* jobs. Stayed at Hotel Jagerwirt 2-3 times back in the day, fantastic. I know TUI do that place still.

Theres a great pool with wellness central in town (think its called Aquarena), if you get this in hotel you'll be paying proper money. Some 3* will have sauna/ steam but pools are 4* top dollar! Suggest you look at pensions, great value normally.

Plenty of bars to go at.
snow report
Markymark29, enduroaid, Just try looking under the resort web sites for Pauschalangebote or just simply Pauschalpreise on individual hotel web pages.

The Ski Amadé resorts all include ski passes in their Pauschalangebote.

Kitzbühel's web site is saying that there are "The package includes 3-7 nights with 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 day ski pass." (copied from the English language version of their web site.)

This is from the Fügen site:
" http://www.best-of-zillertal.at/winter/ViewPage.asp?PageID=262&Site=ZILLERTAL_WINTER " and it says that packages include ski pass starting from 425 Euro for B&B, 579 Euro for 3* HB and 740 Euro for 4* HB - that is 7 nights and includes a 6 day pass Super Zillertal ski pass.

all you need to do is book your flight and transfer Laughing Innsbruck or Salzburg are better options if you can get them!

Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I know you said the transfer should be under 90 mins but you would love Soldeu in andorra but the transfer is 2.5 hours but its worth the trip it meets all your other needs!!! crystal do trips here but there are plenty of ways to do it yourself, check out stayinsoldeu.co.uk for apartments or andorra-resorts.com for help with everything!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy