Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Packages from Scotland

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know of an Operator other than Inghams or Crystal who will offer flights from Scotland (as part of a total package) for the 2012/13 season?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
neilsons?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nope Neilsons dont appear to do so
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
www.clubmed.co.uk - though appreciate they do very specific packages
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
aye club med is a bit pricey for what we are looking for
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kb36, Thomson (although like Crystal they are both part of TUI). Also Swiss Travel Service/Neilsons do appear to offer flights from Glasgow and Edinburgh, see this.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kb36, May not help but we have flown from Newcastle in the past, also Easyjet do ski holidays. I was looking for a friend and noticed there doesn't seem to be anything for Andorra from Scotland.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kb36,
We have quite a few people booked from both Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Flights with BA - change in Gatwick
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
do a lastminute search for holidays from glasgow to french alps
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kb36, If you are not using TUI or Inghams you are going to struggle for a package
There are a few more options if you DIY flights to Geneva Zurich Munich etc giving you a number of options
Personal I'm not a DIY fan for winter trips but if its your only option I would rather do that than trail to the likes of Manchester for a TO flight.
PS Jet 2 do Salzburg in the winter (Inghams are using this for their Salzburg area destinations this winter rather than their own charter flight)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have not found any suitable recently. The BA flights all go via London, which means you cannot make the transfer bus times at Geneva. The connections mean you have to get a very early flight at each end and wait at least 1-2 hours at Heathrow or Gatwick. It is very inconvenient.

Neilsons used to fly from Glasgow direct to Turin (they did in 2002) with their own charter airline, but they no longer do that.

I usually found it cheaper to take the ferry from Rosyth to Zeebrugge, and drive but that option has now been closed by the operator that bought the profitable route from Superfast ferries. It was profitable when Superfast had the licence, as I checked in their accounts and they said it was profitable. However, it suddenly became uneconomic when a ferry operator which was a competitor with operations from Newcastle to Europe bought it.

Personally, I would DIY if I were you. Tour operators are in the main heavily indebted, and technically insolvent. (the large ones) They only seem to survive because banks (mostly the bailed out government banks) keep extending and increasing the debt mountain.

rolling eyes
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ski holidays from Scotland blow big time. Tui are the biggest with flights from Glasgow and Edinburgh to Salzburg, Innsbruck, geneva, Lyons (I think) and Turin. Jet2 do Salzburg and geneva
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I nearly always travel with Crystal. They have by far the greatest range of regional departures although recently they seem to have cut down the departure dates for some of the regional airports which is a huge shame. So many TOs only use flights from Manchester or Gatwick, so basically they don't get my business.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've given up on packages and the last few times have flown Easyjet, Jet2 or BA via Heathrow.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I share your pain. Last 5 New Years have been Crystal or Inghams, to be fair at decent prices, but this year no discounts so far so i've booked KLM to Munich and 2 room s in a hotel in Mayrhofen. Was going to train to da Hoff, but can't face the number of transfers so will probably drive.

We go with Neilsons in OCtober to Turkey, used to drive down, but now get the train 2 adults 2 kids about £80 return from Waverly straight to the airport, a wee swally on the train and take a picnic, quite civilised really. Stay at Bewleys if need an overnight.
ski holidays
To where?

Easyjet have a 1 or 2 flight schedule from Edinburgh all year round to Geneva.

They have in the past done a winter schedule from Glasgow although I think not daily.

Perhaps you could check the airports own websites?
snow report
Ghost Dog wrote:
I share your pain. Last 5 New Years have been Crystal or Inghams, to be fair at decent prices, but this year no discounts so far so i've booked KLM to Munich and 2 room s in a hotel in Mayrhofen. Was going to train to da Hoff, but can't face the number of transfers so will probably drive.

I've travelled from Munich airport by train to the Zillertal many times - only 2 changes (S8 S-Bahn direct from airport terminal to Munich Ostbahnhof, change onto train to Austria and then transfer at Jenbach onto Zillertalbahn to Mayrhofen). Seems easy enough to me?
snow report
I agree with Alastair Pink - the train journey is much simpler than driving plus you do not have the problem of traffic jams holding you up in either direction! Prices are also way cheaper than in the UK.

If they do not finish the roadworks on the A93 between Brannenberg and Kiefersfelden by the time the ski season starts you are going to see some mega jams on changeover days along that stretch alone. They have dug up the A93 down to the earth/rock beneath the whole road - that is about a metre down in places, plus they are rebuilding some of the bridges and drains that run under the road. Currently there is no sign of them working to build up the preparatory layers under the tarmac surface, so I can see the contraflow continuing for a while yet. They are working on the northbound side now and will start on the southbound when they have finished and can switch the contraflow over. I doubt if there is time to complete all this before the winter weather makes it impossible to continue. There must have been a pretty serious fault identified for them to have started a long-term project on such a key route during the summer holiday season.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy