Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are We All Buying Breathalysers to Comply With French Motoring Law?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just back from the alps and the two supermarkets I tried didnt have any. The Cora in Evian had a note saying they did not know when they would be getting some delivered.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BergenBergen wrote:
Just back from the alps and the two supermarkets I tried didnt have any. The Cora in Evian had a note saying they did not know when they would be getting some delivered.

Same with AD74 (car parts place) in Anemasse
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfing,
Thanks for the info.
Just ordered a few sets (x5) from Halfords website.
They are not needed till later Nov so if they take a while to arrive it's not a problem.

They will just go into the minibus lockers with all the other "stuff", tacho rolls, VOSA walk-around lists, sets of spare fuses, yellow jackets, etc, etc, etc.
There will be no room for the passengers soon.

Oh, new addition this year Toofy Grin - now that someone has "finally" come up with a legal roof rack. details here

So for 2k13 - Roof racks and a new rule - ski must NOT go on the inside of busses (those roof rack are dammed costly, so they better be used)

Japanese management techniques will be employed for any drivers not following this rule:
1 - Approach
2 - Bow
3 - Look really sad
4 - Get slapped round the head with a large wet fish
5 - Bow
6 - Sod off and don't do it again

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 22-08-12 8:17; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wayne,
Quote:

Oh, new addition this year - now that someone has "finally" come up with a legal roof rack.
Roof racks and a new rule - ski must NOT go on the inside of busses (those roof rack are dammed costly, so they better be used)

Is that French or Italian rule? Do you have a link to it by any chance?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boredsurfing wrote:
Is that French or Italian rule? Do you have a link to it by any chance?

No it is not a legal thing - I'm just sick of having to pay out to repair torn seat covers.

The problem is that new minibusses are made to comply to the new rules, so they have a roof escape hatches which means you can't use a roof rack as these would block to escape route.

But now someone has come up with one that will fit (and is legal) so I will get the on all the busses just to carry skis
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Got mine from the AA shop at the tunnel - £6.99 for 2 !
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Oh, new addition this year - now that someone has "finally" come up with a legal roof rack. details here

Wayne, So how do you get out of the roof hatch..............assuming that that'd happen anyway........... NOT!?

spyder_pig, Got mine too, what a nonce this is!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Markymark29 wrote:
Wayne, So how do you get out of the roof hatch..............assuming that that'd happen anyway........... NOT!?

Not a clue.

I just have to stick to the rules, even if I can't see the point of em.
I think (may be wrong) it's in case the bus tips over, but who knows.

I can't see the point in sticking a Fasten Your Seat Belft sign on the window next to every seat (when it's obvious what you'r meant to do), but I have done it as it's the law. Stupid law I agree, but, it's better than being fined by VOSA.

Elf n Safety gone mad
The Motor Vehicles (Wearing of Seat Belts) (Amendment) Regulations 2006
Vehicles with over 9 seats inc driver

The baiscs of this law is that our gov (which we employ) think that people are so stupid they can't understand what a seat belt is for, so the onus is on the driver to tell people to wear em (or they get fined). This can be done in a number of ways - demonstration (like on a plane) - audio visual (video of how to use the seat belt and informing people that they must be worn) - or a sign next to every seat.

So I have a shed load of signs that just look stupid.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Topically received this in the e-mail today
£6.99 !!
http://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/traveller-info/terminals/shops-in-folkestone/theAA/?utm_campaign=1208RetailUK_WK34&utm_content=1021145904547&utm_medium=email&utm_source=eurotunnel_website
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
They only have a two year shelf life as well (and it's written on the box) which means for infrequent continental drivers like me will probably have to buy them with every crossing. Mad But then I save more than that on the crossing using Tesco tokens Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Is it not necessary to carry 2?
Go out for a meal, test yourself, then you dont have one as required by law so risk the fine!
Or will it be in practice that everyone will carry one but never actually use it.
Another pointless French regulation.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ianbradders wrote:
Is it not necessary to carry 2?
Go out for a meal, test yourself, then you dont have one as required by law so risk the fine!
Or will it be in practice that everyone will carry one but never actually use it.
Another pointless French regulation.

Then carry three.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Would prefer to have kits to test my mates, as they are complete ar**s when they have had been drinking and i am the designated driver. Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy