Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere, parking outside chalets in Les Eurcherts?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere but the searches I`ve tried have not given me the answer.

I`m hoping someone can tell me weather I need to book covered parking for a week in Les Eucherts? We`ve not skied La Rosiere before so I don`t know what its like. We are perfectly used to digging cars out of snowy mounds and will need to use our car most evenings to transport an elderly relative to and fro restaurants. I can book a space in the covered parking for our chalet but I think it will be a little tight for the vehicle we will be bringing (a large 4x4)

If there is on street parking are there set times when the car would need to be moved for snow clearance?

Many thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi, at the top of Eucherts opposite/outside Les Balcons there is a huge space where you can park. However this year ( Jan 2012 ) they had used it to dump all the snow on that they had cleared from the roads due to so much snow. So no spaces

There are a few spaces down near the bottom of the 6 man in Les Eucherts, 1st come and all that

If you are not going school holidat time you will get somewhere to park
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We`ll be there during the Xmas New hols, so that may be a problem. Thanks for the info though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
CaravanSkier, the covered parking at Cimes Blanches (not sure where you are staying) is tight and slightly awkward I would say but perfectly ok. We have Passat estate and our friends who own an apartment there and they park a Nissan X-trail. When I say awkward, the bays are small. Just means pulling forward for loading etc
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you marmotte16. I`m just thinking if we book it, will we use it if its a bit tight and fiddly, which I`m told it is at the one we are staying in.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CaravanSkier, plenty of time to practice wink

Depending on which chalet you are in, you may have to walk along path to get to chalet that houses the garage underneath. The paths are kept clear as much as poss. If you opt for parking outside, you may have a trickier walk with your elderly relative (if that's a problem). They are lovely apartments.

Presuming you are not bringing the caravan... wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
lol, no caravan this time. I find I`m actually quite sad at that! rolling eyes

You make a good point about the walking with elderly relative. Our chalet has a lift and I shall confirm it goes to the parking, if so I will book it!

I thought the chalets looked rather nice in the pictures and on the larosiere web site virtual tours but its good to hear thats the case in reality too

Do you know the resort well? I`d appreciate any tips about restaurants and shopping etc
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CaravanSkier, Les Eucherts is good location, great to ski back to, quiet, with basics in terms of village 'things' restaurant, bowling alley, mini tourist office, ski shops and bakery. Most of the eateries and bigger shops are in La Ros but you can get basics in Les Eucherts. That's a very short drive or pleasant walk on path through woods, 20 mins IIRC? It's a few years since we were there, but someone here can recommend places to eat I'm sure. I often seem to require a pharmacy on trips Laughing and that can be found along with a lot of other shops in the main village.

Skiing? We enjoyed the La Thuile side most days (opens can of worms...........) as it was more varied over there and snow held up a tad better (we were there in sunny April)

Lots of info on La Rosiere on here if you do a search.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I`ve read lots of the stuff on here about La Rosiere, mostly before I booked and I was very grateful for the information. I had to satisfy some exacting criteria, covering 3 generations of expectations. High enough to get the best chance of snow in the early season. Good chance of ski in ski out. Pretty with very comfortable accommodation, pool and sauna desirable.

It was a lot easier when we just hitched up the van and headed where the snow looked good!

And thank you for the location of the pharmacy, we too generally need one at some point whilst holidaying Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Back from the holiday and I will do a review shortly. In terms of parking we used the Chalets underground parking but had to remove the ski box to get in. There was parking down by the Eucherts lifts and opposite Les Balcons as stated above. They seemed to be pushing the snow over the edge opposite our Chalet, Le Refuge, this year.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy