Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What new stuff are you going to be riding on or in this season and why?

Poster: A snowHead
zammo, yes you can. Just book it as a vehicle over 1.85m, or with roofbox. You are then booked in the carriages whee coaches go.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hells Bells, this is very good news. The whole "fit everything in the car as well as the hounds" thing is looking challenging enough as it is!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Swapped all my gear back in May ready for the NZ winter, got an Arbor Roundhouse 166 rocker snowboard, real flash carbon fibre union bindings for a bargain price, and a Homeschool jacket and pants, which I'm really impressed with.

And some Mickey Thompsons on my 4wd, which are bloody great for the mud/slush/snow and ice ski field roads we have here.

Might get a new 4wd next year, been eyeing up a newish landcruiser as a possibility.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
BobinCH, where did you get those reigns from?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hang11, which Mickeys did ya get?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
STZ - LT

Bloody great, and I got them real cheap. Way better than the wranglers that were on it before. Feels tighter on road, better ride, and in the dirt it's made a huge difference.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
horizon wrote:
Update: ordered Praxis Freeride in 184, carbon layup - couldn't resist the presale price...now for the Dynafits and compatible boots!

I just about resisted the Praxis preorder sale, but it was a close run thing. If you could give us a nice review of the Freeride that would be awesome as there are far too few Praxis reviews out there!

I've got a first-gen pair of Praxis Wootests that I didn't get round to using last season; waiting on the new batch of Sollyfit plates from Binding Freedom to mount em up with. Those'll be my only new toys for this coming season.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Elston wrote:
...maybe I'll try out some 7.9 bbr's to wind up flowa. lol

Funny man, funny man Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just been offered an absolutely insane price on a pair of (last season's) Down Skis Countdown 1s... Just not sure I can justify them, not the space in the quiver I was looking to fill next and really should put the money towards something more useful... But on the few days a season they'd get used they's likely be mindblowing...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I bought some stockli stormrider 95's in the sales from telemark pyrenees, brilliant service.

Now i'm trying hard to ignore all the other shiny new goodies that are starting to appear and my god are they shiny!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I just bought one of these - should slide on snow pretty well

Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Is that a Seven-0? One of my favourite boats of all time! Shame Pyranha stopped making them.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well, apart from a stacked testing and prototyping schedule with Whitedot in my home-from-a-home town of Mayrhofen I'm pretty stoked on my new Flylow Baker bibs and Quantum jacket which should be surfacing soon...bring on the winter!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
oh, and I must book in with Solutions 4 feet for my new Lange XT130's, I'm on a exploring mission this year!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I got new boots in January but still need to get the (hopefully) last bit of work done on them.

Plan to stock up on GS skis before the specifications change.
snow report
the_doc, You getting flylow from US or have they some EU distribution now? Have heard great things
ski holidays
barry wrote:
the_doc, You getting flylow from US or have they some EU distribution now? Have heard great things

Yeah, they've got a European distributor now, bluebirdsports.de I think is the website (but thats just off the top of my shady memory!), met the guys at ISPO and was very impressed with the gear, I'll chuck a few comments up in December once I've had a few weeks on the gear if anyone is interested?
latest report
the_doc, Yes please mate, their bibs look just the ticket for what I like, be interested to hear how they're sized etc along with any gen review/feedback

Cheers
ski holidays
Anyone tried the new Dynastar Cham range, in particular the high mountain?

http://www.dynastar.com/GB/GB/dynastar-skis-men-freeride.html
snow report
A fluro pink beanie. So that Windymiller can spot me more easily after faceplanting yet again on the SOPiB.
snow report
It's going to be strange year for me with so much new stuff Very Happy New free "lend for a season" Fischer WC GS and SL race stock skis, I'm getting from friend, are there every year anyway, but this year I also managed to arrange myself new work boots (Dalbello Virus tour ID) and new skiing boots (Fischer Vacuum RC4 Pro 150). So I will be all new on slopes Very Happy Now all I need to arrange is new pair or two of ski gloves, since my old Halti SL gloves are slowly going to say bye. But this will wait till Soelden to get something Smile
latest report
Tried my new K2 Missbehaved at sno-zone castleford snowHead - very strange they seem huge 1st time on wider and twin tip skis and not sure Leeds indoor is best place to try them but I can def spin round easier Laughing - cant wait to try them for real - keeping my fingers crossed for some powder when we go. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Riding hat, jodphurs, jodphur boots, long black riding chaps, x-country shirt Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Just got a nice new Arva link transceiver. Very Happy
ski holidays
Have to expand my list a tad. Just ordered some new poles - neon yellow, easy to spot in the snow (can you spot the trend?). Snapped a carbon pole at the end of last season, so these common-or-garden aluminium babies are a replacement. Am over the the carbon.
snow report
BobinCH, that's my favourite on this thread so far!
latest report
shoogly, NICE Pyranha I used to love my old 65ss Pyranha maybe I should add to my new season stuff !
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy