Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scottish snowheads bash 23/24 March 2013

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well, given the forecast and current conditions, I think I'll pass on this one Sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks too windy for us to head up from Edinburgh over the weekend but we could do Glenshee next week possibly Tuesday? Anyone else?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes think I'll be giving a miss this weekend too and hoping for better weather and still decent snow next weekend!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am travelling up Sunday to ski Mon/Tues/Wed am with my adult daughter. Not as adventurous as some of you chaps but have skied all Cas and Ciste in past. How far down the Ciste can you go nowadays ? Obviously I will enquire about Avalanche risk but have never really thought it a problem in those areas in the past(West Wall, East Wall ) . Is this naive ?

Clearly lorts of windblown snow but fervently hoping it has died down by Monday. Using train so no car for alternative venues.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Should have started last post with comiserations to Snowball. I had a down day in Jan with no energy and skied very badly with falls and strain so pulling out is good decision. All the best for recovery.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Onesie Record Breaking event and fun day will now be taking place on 30th March. Im going to be there all day if any other SHs happen to be up.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
All Scottish ski areas currently stormbound although Glencoe claims it hopes to open later.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'll be there on the 30th but not in a onesie
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Farley Goode and roga, thanks. I've been ill for weeks: just can't shake it off.
I'm sort of assuming the bash is off for everyone - or perhaps some locals will be up tomorrow. Perhaps the whole idea of planning a Scottish Bash well in advance is no longer appropriate (it was always a bit dubious).
I will probably try to go up on Friday 5th April with my non-skiing wife to ski that weekend (or if the conditions are bad, to ski the Monday/Tuesday) and walk with her the other 2 days.
I'll post again shortly before that to see if anyone will be around who might be interested to explore the off piste in the East or West. Or does anyone know now that they might be around and interested?

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 25-03-13 13:26; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowball, maybe it would be worth a rethink to mid or late April which is generally the most reliable time for the Scottish ski season. Benefits are long days, historically the sunniest and most settled time of the year and more likely to be calm and even warm with good snow depths before the summer melt. The full vertical isn't always available but the off piste spring snow can be gorgeous and if your're lucky you might get the full Alpine we've had so often in recent late seasons too ...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=76647&start=960
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Anyone still reading this I will be at Nevis on Tuesday & Wednesday then Cairngorm on Thursday... PM me if you want to meet up...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm at MIL in Burghead. Going to Aviemore at easter weekend.

Anyone about?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes indeed, Fort William Saturday, Aviemore Sunday to Tuesday Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
robapplegate wrote:
Yes indeed, Fort William Saturday, Aviemore Sunday to Tuesday Very Happy

hi Rob

I'm wearing a Blue salomon jacket and yellow norronna trousers and a black Giro helmet with yellow Ripcurl goggles.

cheers
bob
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
glasgowcyclops, Sorry, accommodation had no interweb so didn't catch your reply. Hope you had as a good a time as us. Three days of excellent snow and sun on the hill Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy