Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap board recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone!
As the season draws to a close, thoughts turn to Ebay bargains! Trouble is there's so much out there Puzzled
I've been boarding for a long time now, currently on one of the last K2 Zeppelins produced. Looking to complement it with a slightly longer (158-160 maybe), more flexible board for all-mountain riding and off-piste. Not really bothered about age or make, just looking to spend under £100.
Any suggestions?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Heard reasonable reviews of Raven stuff, cheap as chips and good customer service should you need it, but for sub-100 money you'll more likely be looking for a 2nd hander.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Out of interest, what size in the Zepp and what height/weight/shoe are you?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Richard_Sideways,
Thanks, I'm looking for 2nd hand gear but as it'll be 2 or more years old I thought some out there might be able to narrow it down a bit.
Its a 156(I think) Zepp, I'm 5'8", 70kg, 8 shoe. Photo on request wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
larry duff, thanks for the offer, but will pass this time. Very Happy

Plenty of alternatives out there, you may want to look into the more recent rockers for extra float in the powder. If you've got some brand loyalty, the K2 Raygun in a 159 would probably fit your bill, but you'll probably have to root about for a 2nd hand one, let alone one under a ton...
If you're willing to stretch your budget, the 11/12 model is on sale for £185...
http://www.sailandski.co.uk/acatalog/K2_Raygun_Snowboard_2012.html

Don't know how old your Zepp is but they were a good board, and the 156 is probably alright for all mountain or OP riding for your weight/height, what bindings you got on it?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Richard_Sideways, Thanks again. Its a 2007 Zepp, so no complaints with it. It works well in most conditions, just looking for a bit more laziness in soft conditions. Flow bindings, again for laziness and dryer backside. No brand loyalty at all, looking for older but still good board.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The SCUK forum's wanted/for sale area is a good source of 2nd hand kit. You may want to have a look there in addition to the usual suspects like eBay.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have a K2 Believer for sale if interested. Its a 159 from 2009/10

for you £80. It's in great condition.[/img]
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I know its the obvious choice but Ebay is a good bet if youre not too fussy about brand/model/age. There are so many boards and bindings bought on a whim out there with only a week or two's use (usually light use at that) - batallion, lib tech, k2, burton - they all have models that'll suit you... I personally love a Lib Tech but thats just my thing... good luck! Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hey I just wrote up a review of some great boards from last season, maybe you'd be interested in checking it out: http://www.thesnowboardreview.com/2012/07/30/snowboard-review-the-5-best-mens-boards-from-2012/

There are so many 40-50% deals online right now, if you're looking for a board buy one now.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy