Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski carriage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just invested in a double Sportube hard case for going to Canda next year as looked to be cheaper option instead of 2 singles.

Was assuming we would be able to use this in Europe too but now not so sure! Booked with Crystal to go to France and paid for 2 lots of ski carriage however just looking on their website it says ski bags must not weigh more than 15kg (our 2 pairs in the one case come to 18.4kg). Was assuming we could have combined the weights but now not so sure Puzzled

Anyone used a double Sportube on the Thomson/Crystal flights and what happened?!

Thanks

MCL
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never had a ski bag weighed, on any airline.

You will almost certainly be fine. If you really want to be sure, just make sure your main hold bag is 3kg underweight and they won't argue the toss over it.

What they are much more likely to complain about is if you obviously have two pairs in your bag, which a double sportube would suggest you do.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MCL,

I have taken 2 sets of skis with Crystal in the same soft bag recently - not sure what they weighed but it has never been really questioned before. Also with Inghams & Neilson. A Neilson rep did say once "There's only one pair in there isn't there?". It's obvious to the airport staff when they are being X-rayed, but they certainly don't seem to care. I think they were weighed the last time out, but I don't remember that happening before.

They might be on the light side because although mine are great big 2M ish things Mrs. M is a cross country skier so hers are even skinnier than mine (even if they are the same length). I usually pad the bindings with an old bit or carpet which must add to the weight as well.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for replies. not trying to hide the fact I'll have 2 pairs of skis in one bag as I have already paid for 2 pairs it was more if they would allow them to be combined in one bag and over the weight limit for a single set of skis

I'm sure I've seen people checking the double ones in for thomson flights- maybe they had super light weight skis though!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MCL, if you've paid for two lots of ski carriage then you have 2 x 15kg = 30kg ski allowance. Being in one bag doesn't matter. I don't see a problem.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Monium, IME Easyjet always weigh skis in the UK (but not very often in Geneva) and most of the Middle East airlines do too (but they're much more likely to turn a blind eye to it being overweight). You're right that they'll ignore it if your hold bag is equally underweight; I've also been let off when I've carried no hand baggage.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have been using a double hard sportube case for the last 7 seasons including to europe with crystal / inghams, and farther afield to US/CAN with various airlines - we always pay ski carriage * 2 where required to keep it fair on our part and have never once been challenged.

Going on my experience you will have no problems.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pauly69,

Thanks for posting that's what I was hoping to hear!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy