Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Private transfers between Salzburg Airport and Hinterglemm

Poster: A snowHead
Have been looking at private transfers between Salzburg and Hinterglemm for the family (me, wife, two kids 7,4) for next February. Almost all operators seem to be coming in at €150 each way, except VIPSHUTTLE99 via www.transferservice.at, which is way cheaper at just €99. Seems too cheap, perhaps? Has anyone used them - what was your experience - are they reliable?

Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
triffic, Welcome to Snowheads. I havnn't been to Saalbach-HInterglemm, but have you tried the companies on the Tourist Info website? One of the taxi companies might do a good price

http://www.saalbach.com/en/summer/service/anreise/bus-train-taxi.html
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
triffic, See http://www.salzburg-airport.com/en/passengers-visitors/arrival-parking/bus-train-taxi/taxi-transfer-service/

Transferservice.at are OK, but at the weekend seem rarely to have any vehicles available. Holiday Shuttle is a reliable service operated by a taxi company in Saalbach. Other options are Vorderegger ( http://www.vorderegger.at/busses?l=en&sessid=dvsg6ctsiok8uc5g0419ml94c5 ) who run a shuttle service, or another local taxi company such as Taxi Rainer ( http://www.taxi-saalbach.at/e_index.htm )
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I used the Holiday Shuttle, shuttle service, when I went to Hinterglemm in February 2009. They were reliable and on time when the picked me up. I guess I would use their shuttle service again.
But their drivers can be littlebit crazy. The drive from Salzburg to Hinterglemm was very good, our driver was young lady and just a good driver. But on the way home, from Hinterglemm to Salzburg we got a crazy driver. It was the manager or owner of this holiday shuttle service company. He was easy going and nice to talk too, could speak english and nothing to complain about him personally. But I dont think he should drive a car. That day was snowing alot and down the Wallay he drove well above all speed limits, drifting and sliding through all turns and corners. And while sliding or drifting through the corners he was talking to 3 (yes 3) mobile phones and managing his other drivers, talking orders from customers or just planning the day in his log book. The scariest ride I have ever been in. The other passangers in the car sad to me, after the ride, that they thought they would die in car accident that day.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That sounds like a pretty standard Austrian taxi ride to me!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys - will check these out.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

That sounds like a pretty standard Austrian taxi ride to me!

maybe that's why you're 4 times as likely to die on an Austrian motorway than a British one. http://www.abd.org.uk/safest_roads.htm

I had similar fears for my life in an Italian taxi doing 100 mph on the motorway (and apparently Italian motorways are even more dangerous than Austria ones, though their overall record is better).
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, But you are quite happy to risk your life in France, which according to the statistics you supply is almost as dangerous. rolling eyes

A classic example of lies, damned lies and statistics spun to produce a political point, i.e. a pro-motoring lobby wanting less motoring legislation in the UK.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Another set of statistics that could be interpreted that you are almost twice as likely to be killed on UK roads than Austian!

http://ec.europa.eu/transport/road_safety/pdf/observatory/trends_figures.pdf

That is assuming of course that the traffic gets moving! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've used Taxi rainer a couple of times, always pick me up on time....so reliable in my book.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Samerberg Sue,

I don't think those stats take into account the volume of traffic!

According to those stats Malta is the safest place to drive. Have you ever driven there? I have extensively - it is quite entertaining
Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
zellmaniac, I know, which is why the quoting of the original stats was just as silly and to a degree scare-mongering!

I imagine Malta is a cross between Italy and Egypt but with less space than either Shocked At least with being an island if it clogs up you can always go by boat! wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I used the VIP guys a couple of years ago and they were great, they were on time and friendly. We had big BMW going and Merc returning. I would use them again.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
worz666, ...and who told you about them, David? wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
triffic, Ive used them (transferservice.at) several times they are very good, and reliable. its always 99 euro each way for up to 8 people.
ski holidays
Hi All, I am arriving in Salzburg on Friday 28th February, on my own. Going to meet Friends in Saalbach.

DO you think it would be possible to car pool with some taxi service. I would take the shuttle, but I arrive at 21:55 and the last shuttle is @ 22:30. Pretty tight. Any ideas?

Thanks

Mireille
snow report
Mireille, You should be fine to catch the 22.30 Shuttle. There are few flights into Salzburg at that time of night (http://www.salzburg-airport.com/en/passengers-visitors/flight-info/arrivals/), so you'll clear Passport and Customs pretty quickly and yours may be one of the last flights in, so the Shuttle is probably only waiting for passengers from your flight. I've made it from the plane door to the airport exit in less than 20 minutes, including waiting for luggage. Plan in advance - get a seat close to the doors and stand up as soon as the plane stops so that you are first off.

When you book the Shuttle, you should enter your flight number and arrival time in the 'Comments' section. That way, the driver can check your progress. In my experience, they are willing to wait for passengers, particularly for the last Shuttle of the day. If in doubt, call the Shuttle company and check that they will wait.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy