Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone used www.directski.com before

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
reading up on Soll and justcome across Directski.com. They offer selfcatering appartments which look nice and put a package together with flights, 241 lift passes, ski hire etc. coming in at quite good price. Internet shows as Atol protected, but just wandering if anyone has used them before, if so, are they aOK

thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I used them before they are pretty good... quite a large Irish company. I also know they have great staff on hand..
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. Got some nice apartments and currently 241 lift pass which saves 100. Will keep an eye on them when come to booking
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep I have used then 4 years in a row now, used them twice for Soll. If it's not your first time skiing then do a bit of research on ski hire places yourself. One of the places that direct ski use for ski hire when you book with them had boots that were ancient. After the first year I got my boots etc from a different shop in Soll.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Actually quite a small Irish Company owened by the sons of the owner of a Very Large Irish travel company!

Basically you get the same holiday and nearly always the same reps you get with Topflight holiday company but at a discount.

Normally good value and decent service.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you're going to go to Soll then use the ski hire at the main gondola stn. Their storage system and customer service is excellent and they offer very good online advance booking prices.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jon Ford, I used them last year. There had been some poor reports but I felt overall they had been over-egged. I was perfectly happy with them.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks everyone. I think if Im going to go to Soll, I will book equipment through http://www.skirental-soell.com/account.php - anyone know if these are the ones at the bottom of the gondola? Would go for hte silver skis & boots (around £90 based on last yrs quote that I just did,,they havent updated 2013 dates/prices yet). Not bad as Thomsn quote around £90 for intermediate skis but standard boots.
Would that price include lockers or is that extra (cant find that info on line)

I take it I would only book through these if staying in Soll and wouldnt use them if in Ellmau/Wistendorf?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Jon,
Ski rental Soell are not the ones at the end of gondola. These are the ones I used the first year and wasn't happy with the service. Soell are located a few mins walk from the main road crossing in Soll and the ski schools meet at the back/side of the shop. The gondola is further up the hill which you can either walk to or use a drag lift to get to.

http://www.sport-edinger.at/ are the ones at the gondola. They have a pretty good locker service for leaving your boots and skis in their shop. The boots are heated in the mornings.

Soell have a garage too but it's a huge room underneath the shop and you leave your gear on communal shelves and pick it up there in the mornings.

I used Edinger the 2nd time I went to Soll and I can't fault them.

I have found before that the bronze, silver, gold grades (or whatever they used) seem to only apply to skis. I have rented in Soll and Zell am See and no matter what I go for they never ask when it's boot fitting time what grade you are renting. When you are trying on the boots have a look at them yourself and ask how old they are etc. Ask for a different pair if they bring you out boots that look ancient. I am by no means an expert skier so maybe the boot option matters when you are at a better level than me.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Jon, Used them last year Dublin to Bad Hofgastein, excellent service start to finish, couldn't fault them, go for it.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thanks briand6868, and bovril_IRL, will look into them more when 2013 prices come up, as well as sport-edinger. never sure about the "level" of boots - whether it applies to boots or just skis, I think I will just get cheaky and ask for decent looking/makes - had some bl00dy ugly & old boots in the past (not bad on the comfort level though!)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jon Ford, no point asking for any other boots than ones that fit you best.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
have used direct ski 4 times now. Never any problems. I usually do skis through alpinresorts, although directski sometimes have offers for free kids passes/cheap ski school with the ski hire, so worth speaking to them first
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jon Ford, We had a girl with us on one occasion that would not buy boots based on how they looked! As[ b]holidayloverxx[/b] said, do not be put in the catagory that makes you look foolish! The right boots ARE the correct fit! On the origional question re "skidirect" perfectly adequate but you will not get such a variety of accommodation and resorts, for the price IME they were overpriced. For those three reasons, our group has never used them! As with most things you tend to get what you pay for, especially this early as later on you may very well get a decent price much closer to departure! Good luck and enjoy the sliding!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks again for comments. Will go for comfy boots, not fashion. #allthegearnoidea
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy