Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austrian Resort, less than 2 hours from Munich, good apres

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ghost Dog, My group are looking at 4 days away in early March. We've done St. Anton and are looking at Ischgl. But I see that flights to and from Munich are quite cheap <£100. How easy is it to get accommodation for 4 nights over a weekend in Mayrhofen? Any recommendations?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
piperfraz, For train transfer to Mayrhofen look at dbb website. In the "from" window enter Munich Airport T (that's the airport terminal), destination Mayrhofen im Zillertal. The tickets generally go on sale about 90 days before your travel date.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
halfhand, Try the Mayrhofen tourist office or the tiscover site, there should be several places offering 4 night stays.

Although you mentioned Mayrhofen (and this is probably the best place if extensive apres-ski is important), there are several other places in the Zillertal you could base yourself at eg Zell am Ziller or near to Fugen. Even if you're based in Mayrhofen It's certainly worthwhile having a day trip excursion to the Zell Zillertal Arena ski area and another to the Kaltenbach/Hochfugen HochZillertalski area (included in the Zillertal Skipass which includes free skibus and free travel along the valley on the narrow gauge Zillertalbahn railway).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alastair Pink, Thanks for the tips mate. The skiing comes first but the Apres is a close second wink A few of the guys always seem to gravitate towards France and Switzerland since it is more convenient to get to and from Geneva from Liverpool but after St. Anton last year I'm keen to start going to Austria more often and I've persuaded them this time.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
halfhand, This thread of mine from 7 years ago Shocked still has some relevant information, although note that since then:
1. The kaiserbrundl restaurant mentioned in Mayrhofen has now closed, and
2. Re: Hayls's comment about experiencing a gondola queue at Kaltenbach of 20 mins - since then a second parallel gondola has been installed at the Kaltenbach base station, so peak queue times are now much less.

Edit: A more up to date thread on Mayrhofen here Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Alastair Pink, Ha, ha, no way was I going to try and search that far back Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
20 mins? I had to queue for a whole person. Spent longer deciding which to take. Ibble bobble... (think both Zillertal Arena and Kaltenbach have double uplift now?)
Will have to get there again for a weekend this season.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kitz is pretty amazing but also have a look at some of the towns around there.. Feiberbrunn, Sankt Johann, Kirchberg... All really good skiing.. and the apres aint too shabby either!! the amount of nights we've spent in our ski gear until the early hours of the morning... but i can only speak for sankt johann for the Apres to be honest.. also the schneewinkel covers Feiberbrunn, Sankt Johann in Tirol and Steinplatte (free skibus with your liftpass)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
halfhand, belated response, but both the Viktoria and the Perauer have been happy with four night bookings in the past. Closer to the time, lots of hotels will do it of they have rooms. I also just discovered the Edenlehen thru' booking.com. Slightly further from centre but has outdoor/indoor pool.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ghost Dog wrote:
halfhand, belated response, but both the Viktoria and the Perauer have been happy with four night bookings in the past. Closer to the time, lots of hotels will do it of they have rooms. I also just discovered the Edenlehen thru' booking.com. Slightly further from centre but has outdoor/indoor pool.

Cheers for that. We have found somewhere though (apartment Brandt). Flights booked too so at last there's something to look forward to Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'd definitely recommend you check out www.snowangel.co.uk we're a mountain restaurant and apres ski bar guide and w've got more than a few suggestions for Ischgl, whether it's great restaurants or loud bars you're after, we've got it covered. Enjoy! SnowAngel
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
irishjohann, Does Max Bar still do the thing where the siren goes off and vodka and schnapps pours from the ceiling and you have to catch in your mouth? Had some great nights in there!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy