Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Motorhome drive to Austria-recommended??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

As you often pop up giving advice about Austria which you admit to not having visited for many years after your terrible experiences in Alpbach

No I don't, and I didn't have a terrible experience at Alpbach. I had a super instructor, and learnt a lot, and the village is very pretty. My main quarrel was with the British TO, when we had booked a catered chalet and ended up eating third rate food in a hotel. The snow was rubbish, but that's luck of the draw, and I've had equally rubbish snow in Les Gets and Chamonix. Apart from my own direct experience I refute the suggestion that I "often pop up giving advice about Austria". Last time I challenged you to give even one example of a negative generalisation I've made about Austria the silence was golden. Can you do any better this time?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pam w, I doubt that Samerberg Sue will find an example of you pushing Austria over France. You know more about France, so - not that this is in the general spirit of snowHeads wink - you tend to post more about what you know. But you are one of the most even-handed posters on the forum, IMHO. On the most random search, I quickly found the following, just as an example:
pam w wrote:
CarlT, does it have to be France? During the Paris half term holidays (likely to be at least as busy as the UK half term) Austria or Italy might be better options.

The sad thing is that I'd quite like to go to Ski Amade, which I don't know at all, but the more aggressively it is plugged on here, the less I want to go there. But perhaps that's just being bloody-minded. wink There again, I'm sure lots of people got put off going to La Rosiere by David whatsisname's relentless spamming.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
good plan Layne, think we have decided on Skiwelt, so not sure whether to go through TO or seperate. Weighing up prices
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pedantica, Sad that's why i don't really push it. i obviously have a vested interest so i hope i balance it with info on Tignes which i know pretty well. ... the apres anyway wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
holidayloverxx,
Quote:

that's why i don't really push it.
Noted and appreciated.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
holidayloverxx, I don't have any problem at all with vested interests, provided they are transparent and used to give accurate positive info about places, not to pour scorn on "the competition". It's just that I genuinely don't have any, and wouldn't want to see many more people coming to "my" area so it's irritating to be constantly accused of being anti-Austria by people who are forever making snide anti-French remarks. I don't know why some of the Austrian brigade are so defensive and touchy; I don't think any open-minded reader of the forum would dispute the assertion (made by rob@rar when some of the Austrian brigade were having one of their periods of feeling hard done by) that there are far more anti-French generalisations than anti-Austrian ones.

pedantica - thanks for your words of support. wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jon Ford, Good choice, sing out if you need any help with any of the hotels if you do decide to go it alone!

Pedantica, pam w, Get a life!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Samerberg Sue, I've made a note of a few hotels in previous post (about lift passes in chamrousse) I'd u can offer any advice on that, tha lt would be.great. no worries if u can't though. Thanks again
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Samerberg Sue, Ouch! - bit harsh?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
holidayloverxx, dinna fash yersel. wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pedantica, that's what Samerberg Sue always says to me!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What a bizarre thread. From my reading, as an impartial skier of both France and Austria, although probably favouring Austria wink , it looks to me like pam w has been well and truly picked upon for daring to post in a thread with Austria in the title. As far as I can see she was commenting on the merits, or not, of driving and staying in a motorhome, with a comment thrown about in about the relative cost of staying in an apartment. Not whether the OP should go to France rather than Austria. IMHO, the Austrian contingent in this thread haven't done themselves any favours at all & look pretty silly.

And I do agree with Pedantica's comment - these sorts of posts would really put me off going to Ski Amade, although I have already been there twice & very nice it is too Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy