Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

GoPro HD Editing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone using MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 18 MX Plus?

If not that, what's the best GoPro HD editing software to use for someone who is new to editing (a 13 year old - but I'll have a play too).

PC not Mac.

Many thanks snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Budget? Most of the main video editing software providers offer free trials of their software and cheaper cut-down versions.

Sony Vegas and Adobe Premier are two for example. Both are pretty simple but have lots to dig into.

Not used the Magix software at all.

As well as getting some editing software you should download the GoPro CineForm software from their website, it's free and you can use it to convert the output file into the more editor friendly format. You can also update the camera firmware using it but that can be hit and miss. I just bricked my HD2 and am going through the pain of having it sent back to be reflashed.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A friend raves about SOny Vegas, probably worth a look.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I just bricked my HD2 and am going through the pain of having it sent back to be reflashed.

meh, I'm lovin' that, I just wish I knew what it meant.

Budget? Well, at this early stage of my cinematic career, just toying with it. The MAGIX stuff is about £65 downloaded so wouldn't be a serious mistake.

Thanks all so far.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/movie-maker-get-started
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bode Swiller, the cut down versions of the high level software is also around that price point. It's worth trying a few of them out thiugh and finding which one you like using the most.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I just bricked my HD2 and am going through the pain of having it sent back to be reflashed.

meh, I'm lovin' that, I just wish I knew what it meant.

Budget? Well, at this early stage of my cinematic career, just toying with it. The MAGIX stuff is about £65 downloaded so wouldn't be a serious mistake.

Thanks all so far.

It means he has just tried to update the firmware on the HD2 and it's failed so badly the camera is no unusable and has therefore become a brick or paperweight. Probably trying to update to use the wifi back, fortunately for me ( and in no way gloating) all mine went without any issue. Just need gopro to pull their finger out and get the app out there, but not holding my breath that they will meet the latest date they have kind of promised...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ansta1, sadly not even that, just updating the firmware on the camera. The WiFi back is going to have to wait until I get back to the UK sometime next month. That said the camera is still in warranty so GoPro should take it back and fix it.

On top of all this I just badly sprained my ankle bouldering so am on crutches and have to move house by the end of the month so my run of bad luck is continuing. Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
meh, how badly bricked is it? there are options out there to get around some of the issues.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I spent a day going through the internet trying the tricks people mentioned so I'm pretty sure it needs reflashing.

Basically won't turn on no matter how much fiddling with the battery, SD card and USB connection I do. Hardware is fine but the software is borked to the point the USB connection won't recognise the device. The GoPro support guys suggested a similar bunch of things to try that didn't work.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My experience is based on a conventional HD camcorder generating AVCHD - I'm not sure what gopro output looks like, but...

Sony Vegas I've used a few times and seems okay, if slow to render on my 4yo laptop. The trial version doesn't seem to expire, but that may be because I've not used it that much!

I generally use an old versions of Nero for most of my editing: does the job in an acceptable time but doesn't do p-i-p or slow-mo (the main reason I use vegas).

Lightworks looks fantastic, but the free version doesn't handle many of the newer formats witout h transcoding, which double/triples the time taken for an already-lengthy process.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have tried a lot software with Windows Movie Maker, Adobe, Sony Vegas...finally one of my friends recommend me the GoPro Video Editor, downloaded and tried,, just saved my day. I hope you guys like it too. cheers.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy