Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A few days somewhere in France/Germany etc en route to the alps....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We've got a week booked in Les Contamines from the 11th August and we are going to get the Eurotunnel over on Tuesday 7th August.

So any snowheads suggestions on where to go on the way? Will have bikes with us and two girls aged 12 and 9

Eurodisney is one suggestion....looking for others please!

Thanks,

Greg
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski, Burgundy region is good for cycling with kids . Are you camping? I've been told the municipal site in Beaune is really good.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski, it's been reported elsewhere on SHs that Nigloland is good, and cheaper than Disney (and, moreover, isn't Disney, which has to be a selling point!). I've seen the signs on the drive down, but not having kids on board, haven't been there.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski, You could visit Futuroscope near Poitiers which is an excellent day out. From there the nearby coast visit the old town of La Rochelle with its beautiful old inner harbour and town and nearby Ile de Ré.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hells Bells, trying to avoid having to take a tent! renting caravan/static home etc all possibilities....

Doesn't have to be theme parks!!

Alastair Pink, sounds worthy of investigation, Mrs would like beach and sun if she could Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Got to be Beaune area - Beaune itself is amazing and there is depending on distance or park the car somewhere on the way a beautiful area north of Beaune up to Dijon with a back road goig through all the famous burgundy villages such as Nuits St Georges, Vosnee Romanee and Gevrey Chambertin.

http://www.route-des-grands-crus-de-bourgogne.com/Affiche.jpg
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another vote for Burgundy - we went to the area near Cluny last year and it was lovely, green, hilly, lots to do, great weather. Also if you're cycling there is a voie verte that goes from just south east of Cluny for about 50k North. It's lovely cycling, tarmac surface, old railway track, through the vineyards, then onto canal path. Well worth doing. Look at the Burgundy by Bike webiste. Also the Jura region when we've driven through seems worth a stop.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Mrs would like beach and sun if she could

Lake Annecy can do quite well for "beach and sun". I can recommend Menthon St Bernard on the quieter east shore of the lake. http://www.rivepleinsoleil.com/chapitre2_en_29.html

There's a very pleasant beach/swimming/shady trees/snacks place, which you pay for, but not much. http://www.rivepleinsoleil.com/chapitre2_en_29.html

Google Maps says its an hour and 14 minutes from Les Contamines. Sounds a bit optimistic to me, but certainly doable day trip. Best to avoid weekends. Lake Annecy is very good for swimming - you can rent boats too, from the "Port" end of Menthon St Bernard - there's a lovely traffic-free promenade between the "plage" and "port" ends of the resort, right along the lakeside.

The cycle track along from Annecy to Ugine (on the other bank of the lake) is good, traffic-free. I wouldn't recommend the cycle round the lake for a family - the road up the eastern shore is quite narrow and there's a horrendous hill in the middle! It's very popular to cycle round, but would give me the willies with kids (or without them, for that matter).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nigloland is very good, I took my daughter there several times when she was younger. It's very french, I never heard another English voice in 3 visits. It's also near to Orient Forest National Park which has lots of lakes as well as forests. All just south east of Troyes.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
+1 Annecy

+1 Jura
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Colin B, you are also asking about Germany - what route will you be taking as that will influence what could be possible? Currently I suspect the only bit you will be touching is the A5 down to Basel. Some fabulous trails in the Black Forest between Baden-Baden and Lörrach. Some beautiful wine country and bike trails in and around Freiburg im Breisgau, especially the remnants of an old volcano now covered with vineyards and producing some outstanding red wines (Kaiserstuhl). There is also the Europa Park at Rust, if these type of things are of interest - a sort of Alton Towers on steroids is how I've heard it described but as they are of no interest whatsoever for me, I have no idea!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy