Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austrian resorts / hotels for ski-based Stag Do

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all - next year our annual February trip has been hijacked as a Stag Do (sorry!) and I am in need of some SnowHeads advice!
Its been agreed that Austria will be the venue, but I need a specific resort that can fulfil the following criteria:
A hotel which will accommodate both week long, and 3 night stays (B&B preferably).
A lively resort that will have enough activity during the day for the non-skiers (I know...weirdo's). Doesnt need to have tacky Strip clubs - not really the scene for this group...
A good variety of skiing that will appeal to beginners and strong intermediates alike.
Ideally within an hours transit of one of the hub airports
The group will comprise of about 14 regulars for the week long holiday and a further 14-20 part time / non skiers for the 3 night min-trip.
Im guessing Soll, Solden, St Anton and Ischgl are the best bets (although the latter may be a bit pricy) but not sure where to start on finding big enough hotels that will cater for mixed length stays.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Sean
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
seano508 wrote:
Doesnt need to have tacky Strip clubs

Just after the high quality ones?

Show off.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
seano508,

Have you thought of just hiring out a large chalet for the week, rather than worying about Hotels
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Soll is closest at about an hour although more a family resort . Not sure about Solden for non-skiers, about 3 hours from MUC. St Anton and Ischgl definately party resorts with plenty going on but 3 hours from munich airport. Innsbrick would be a closer airport option but not main hub. Kitzbühel would also be an option as only 75mins from Muc and more of a town than just a ski resort for non-skiers . Would also consider Saalbach (2 hours from MUC) as an option - good night life and also have ice go-jarting and skidoos as a non ski lads group activity
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
seano508, A bit left-field, but the city of Innsbruck would cover all those requirements. I was going to say Kitzbuhel but getting 2-3 night stays (presumably over a week-end) will be tricky especially in Feb. Great thing about Innsbruck is that the hotels are actually pretty free at the week-ends because the business folks have gone home. Skiers can grab the lift up from near the centre to the Nordpark or grab the bus to the outlying resorts like Igls, Axams, Neustift etc. Other brilliant thing is transfers (or rather the lack of) because your hotel will be a 5 min taxi ride from the airport. Nightlife-wise, it's all there including your t1ttie bar! You can book flight and hotel combinations on Expedia. Sorted.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Would your timing coincide with the schladming night slalom? Always thought that would make a cracking lads break. Otherwise all the usual suspects you've listed should do the trick
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boabski, yeah but:
Quote:

a further 14-20 part time / non skiers for the 3 night min-trip

try booking that one at that time.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for all the input guys - much appreciated.
Jafa - the Chalet option has always been our favoured choice, but with the majority of guys only coming out for 3 nights Im not sure how economic it would be. I will do some research on it though - anyone know of any chalets that would accommodate that many people in one of the above resorts ??

TTT - I had missed Saalbach, definitely a good option. Particularly with the other non-ski options.

Bode - I hadnt considered Innsbruck itself - will there be enough good skiing for the intermediates in the group (particularly after the heathens have all returned home) ?

Thanks again,

Sean
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The reason I said chalet, is because your friends can just come and go as they please so you wouldnt always need the accomodation for full capacity. I would just try and get a self catering place somewhere. Sorry cant help you get one though. Holiday rentals is a good starting point though. Just put in an optimum number dates and see what comes up.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

I hadnt considered Innsbruck itself - will there be enough good skiing for the intermediates in the group

Absolutely. It'll mean grabbing the bus but you'll get a new area each day and (I think) you can do the lot on one pass.

http://www.austria-trips.com/images/Ski-Trail-Maps/Igls_Patsch_Hall_in_Tyrol_Innsbruuck_region-SKI.jpg
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Good options both - thanks jafa / Bode - I will look into them.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chalet Michaela in Saalbach would be a good option. Right size, good location between Saalbach and Hinterglemm, so only a 5-minute taxi to either village for the night life. Stuff to do for non-skiers (ice carting, quadbikes, snow-trek, toboggan from Spielberghus or on Reiterkogl, paragliding in good weather...) Dancing girls in Why Not or Bergers, if that's your thing.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Fri 6-07-12 14:31; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Innsbruck is a good option but have you considered Garmisch? Not sure if the ski area is big enough for you but would tick a lot of other boxes I'm sure.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
OK - it's not in Austria but is almost Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
seano508, try Flexiski in St Anton with Chalet Amalien Haus
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy