Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another which resort question....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Enjoyed Club Med holiday last year at L2A.

This year hoping to go for Club Med again, but probably not at L2A. We like the all-inclusive chaos type holiday.

We are two lower inter adults (ESF Class 2A, skid parallels, not carving), one 11 year old going on to parallels from snowplough, one 9 year old snowploughing

Resorts we are looking at are the 3 Trident resorts, La Plagne, Les Arcs 2000, Avoriaz, Alpe D'Huez, Kleine Scheidegg or Serre Chevalier.

Les Arcs 2000 looks like it's surrounded by some tough runs.....

We'll be going 10-17 Feb 2013, just before the start of FR holidays.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers

Dobby
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Serre Chevalier.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have skied Les Arcs a lot and it is best for advanced black runs. Blues are not great, mostly linking or flat runs. I would think La Plagne would definitely suit you now as you will be able to do most runs there and find them fun. Have not been to others but planning Alpe d'Hue7 and from what I hear great variety so may be good option also.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dobby,

la Plagne will suit your family perfectly. We stayed just below the CM at Plagne at Xmas and the location was brilliant.

PM me if you want specific Plagne info,
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dobby,

We did Club Med Serre Chevalier in February this year and loved it - I posted a trip report on SnowHeads.

For what it's worth, being keen to try somewhere new and after much research we've plumped for Club Med Piesey Vallandry for 2013.

chemistry
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've only been to Club Med in Les Deux Alpes too.....but I have skied La Plagne and the Club Meds there look really well placed for all your needs and the resort is great for improvers of all ages and unlike the L2A one the Club Meds at Aime look, and for all intents and purposes are ski in ski out, with no bus needed to the town slopes for the kids and that walk at L2A to the nearest lift.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers, phatcon. Ain't that walk of death to and from the chair lift in L2A the best? I just loved going down those steps after a day's skiing, trying to stay upright and trying to avoid getting smacked in the head with the skis of the skier in front of me. My helmet was far more use on those steps than it was on any of the slopes.

La Plagne is looking good, though probably not Club Med any more. One of my daughters wants to ski with mum and dad in the afternoon and only wants lessons in the morning. Therefore, now looking at SC....time for another e-mail......
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Haven't done Club Med but love Serre Chevalier - not sure where in Serre Che the Club Med is - the resort is made up of a string of villages/small towns along a valley.. Don't let it put you off if it's at one end there is an excellent ski bus service up and down the valley all day and into the evening so it's really easy to get about, you can ski from one end of the resort to as far as you like and not worry about having to plan to get back before lifts shut - you can just get the nearest lift down and catch the bus if need be. Always useful with youngsters who's legs give up with minimal warning.

Also have great ski school in resort - can highly recommend Gavin at New Gen ski school, based out of Monetier.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy