Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car Hire vs Arranged Transfer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Each year we battle with the dilemma of whether to hire a car or get a private / organised transfer. We are usually steered towards the car hire option by the desire to stop en-route for provisions (and thus avoid the higher resort supermarket prices). Does anyone know of a transfer company who will allow a stop en-route (for example this year we are looking at Geneva to Val Thorens with a stop say at Moutiers) - or have any other ingenious solutions to offer?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi

Most companies will stop on route but it is a paid option, normally 20 to 30 euros for 30 min stop.

Andy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alternatively most of the supermarkets will deliver for the same sort of fee. Super U in Salins (near Moutiers) offer this option with fairly self evident online ordering.

There is also a reasonably priced Midas supermarket in Geneva airport (follow signs for train station and it is at the far end past the platform entrance) but it doesn't sell alcohol
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Migros do have a bit of a golden touch wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Migros do have a bit of a golden touch wink

Doh!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Some accommodation providers will do your shopping for you in advance, or will take you to the supermarket if you'd prefer to go yourself. Little Angel
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A bit of food for thought there ( rolling eyes sorry, clouldn't resist). I've had a look at a few transfer providers and they don't offer stop offs on a Saturday (boo to them). I suppose if it's 40euro to stop off it probably negates some of the discount anyway so you might be better shopping in resort??

There don't seem to be many over flexible accom providers in Val Tho itself - or not at the miserly budget we're trying to do it for....
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The policy of my former employer (a large transfer firm) was that a 10-15 minute comfort break agreed with the driver was fine, but shopping trips were to be arranged in advance, and paid for in cash at €1 per minute. The comfort breaks were supposed to be either at McDonalds in Albertville or at the ELAN garage on the N90, where the possibility of customers going awol (shopping) for ages is minimized.
The reality was that if I did not have a tight return schedule or and the traffic was not too bad, I would stop at the Intermarche in Faverges as it was generally not busy, parking was easy and there was nowhere for the customers to disappear to.
Normally this would only take 20 mins tops.
This was very much at the drivers discretion, and most drivers are sensible enough to know if such a stop is feasible or not. (we were paid a daily rate, so there was no additional cost to the company, it just depended if we were in a hurry to get back, and if we liked the clients).
Given that the likelihood of receiving a decent tip is greatly enhanced by this, most drivers would do this, so long as the customer does not take the proverbial.
Although on occasions when you have gone out of your way to be accommodating to the clients, risked getting bollocked for not adhering strictly to company guidelines, wasted 30 minutes of your own time for no additional pay, and then the client stiffs you when you drop them off, this can leave a bitter taste, and is the reason that some drivers will not entertain such stops.
Obviously if it on a Saturday during the February half term, there is 6 inches of snow down in Albertville, the N90 is carnage, and the driver has a pick up to do right on the back of your drop off, then the chances are somewhat reduced.
At the end of the day, a smile and a small gratuity (not too small) will go a long way.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
gbium,
Quote:

There don't seem to be many over flexible accom providers in Val Tho itsel

Have you spoken to http://www.ernalow.co.uk/france/three-valleys/val-thorens/accommodation
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
WindOfChange, Alp-line I assume based on your knowledge in the other thread.

Andy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
anderoo Guilty as charged.

How is Bar Bush btw? Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy