Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Host/Guide Opportunities?

Poster: A snowHead
Away from the massive TO's, where do independent owners and smaller companies advertise for staff?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Arctic Fox, Chalets Direct have a jobs board, as do Natives, but I think advertisers pay to place their vacancies on there
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yep, Natives is definitely the best starting point I'd have said, plenty of independents and smaller companies on there.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Check the companies own websites, chalets direct and gumtree.

Happy planning!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Artic Fox

It all depends on what you are looking for, Chalets Direct is defo great to target the older demographic (use the solution room).

Natives is good if you are looking for younger crowd.

In terms of Natives it does not have loads of small independent chalets. things have changed over the last five years.

I set up a site after working for one of the largest but the paid job section is not ready yet. However ski-jobs has more indpendent chalets than Natives EASILY.

My suggestion to you is type ski jobs in the search terms see what come up have a look where people are advertising. I have managed and sold adverts to over 200 small chalet companies the ski host/guide role is NOT a hard role to fill as it is one of the most popular.

AS ALWAYS It all depend on the type of person you are looking for....... job copy is everything you could advertise it on gumtree and you will be able to fill the role.

Any questions let me know if you want I can give you an article on our site like this...http://www.snowjobz.co.uk/working-as-a-ski-host.html

I need day in the life of a ski guide you will benifit from the traffic let me know
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We always use www.seasonworkers.com
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Seasonworkers is good but to be honest for a ski guide stick it on chalets direct solution room for free and you wil get what you need ...

Are you just looking for 1 ski guide/ host?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
KSNOWZ, I had the impression he was looking for a job.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
yes you are right he he

I tell who is worth working for is Karribuni ... great company to work for Paul is the rec person manager, and they have summer and winter jobs:

http://www.snowjobz.co.uk/working-as-a-ski-host.html is an article written by them about the role read it give them a call.

Also i would check out the following companies:

Green rides - speak to fay

meri ski - speak to george

Stanford ski - speak with georgi

Ferme de montagne - speak to lea

Reach 4 the alps - cannot remember

With the smaller chalets they the role is noramlly combined with a host , driver or cleaner

Hope this helps Embarassed

JUST remember everyone want to be a guide.... it is one of the most popular roles
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Avoid any company that calls their customer ski hosting service 'Ski Guiding'.

By not making the enormous distinction between hosting and guiding they're showing their ignorance of the ski industry and the professionals employed within it.

Rant over.

As you were.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Funnie.... I agree but at the end of the day do you call a chef a chef .... do you call a chalet chef a chalet chef.... what is important is what arctic fox looking for and they need to know the different search terms to use..... to find what they want

Personnely I am a non conformist more fun that way times change descriptions change... some people hate snow boarders but is not just about enjoying the mountain ... Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mike Pow, outdated argument, I fear. The French have twigged that when the English say 'guide' they mean underpaid seasonal ski monkey and not qualified instructor etc., to the extent where TO reps are routinely referred to as 'guides'.

KSNOWZ, you have clearly missed the whole debate here. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it though - trust me, the whole thing would just sap your will to live.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lizzard wrote:
Mike Pow, outdated argument, I fear. The French have twigged that when the English say 'guide' they mean underpaid seasonal ski monkey and not qualified instructor etc., to the extent where TO reps are routinely referred to as 'guides'.

Typical French. Lily-livered.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That is right Mike pow Toofy Grin you do what you do to obey the LAW
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
No idea what the law is you speak of.

But it's like comparing a school dinners cook with Alain Ducasse.
snow conditions
Arctic Fox wrote:
Away from the massive TO's, where do independent owners and smaller companies advertise for staff?

Welll you might even find something here

There are some really benevolent snowheads around that make spending a season on the slopes really quite simple.

If you go with a Chalet that is commercially rented, you will end up working harder for not much extra..

There are not many such offers, but you can find them, I only wish more snowhead chalet owners could find a way to give more enthusiasts like you a lucky break.

I know a few Expat owners who might be interested in a quid pro quo private arrangements you could volunteer for, send me a message if you want..

Good Luck in you search.

Nixmap
snow report
KSNOWZ,
nixmap,
D'you guys know of places that don't require a UK National Insurance number? Pretty much everywhere I've looked to apply does and I don't have one because I've lived in Ireland since I turned 6. Do you know if it's a definite requirement in the application process because I can get one when I move to London in October but I don't want to leave applying til that late as it'll pretty much ruin my chances of getting a job!
latest report
Dear megeloise,

Any company based in England/Scotland or Wales will require a NI number in order to send you across to Europe whilst continuing to pay you in sterling.

Depending on where you lived before you were 6, you may be able to apply for a NI number before you leave Ireland. If, for example, you lived in England try calling the hotline on Tel 0845 600 0643, explaining that you are English but have never worked in England and ask if you can have one.

Alternatively there are plenty of other companies you can try. If you have work history in Ireland you should look at Irish companies such as direct ski - anyone advertising for staff in Ireland. Alternatively any French company in France, German company in Germany etc etc won't need a national insurance number - look at bars, restaurants, stand-alone hotels (ie not tour operators) etc which are usually registered in the country they are based and for anyone advertising a wage in euros.

Good luck!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy