Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Roof boxes

Poster: A snowHead
What have you got?

I'm currently looking at this mont blanc triton 500.

Any suggestions or recommendations?
cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snoblo, we've got this one. http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4_tab.php/all-products/kamei_corvara_475_silver_duolift_roof_box_no_km416_08141607_/Qx%40w%2C6M4PHS%2CZGenkQvENLSzTq
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Got the Thule 900, its huge (650 litre) but easy to fit on. Fleabay is a good place to buy 2nd hand roof boxes, especially if you travel with your job as they are all collect and you can nab yourself a bargain from obscure locations.

http://www.thule.com/en/GB/Products/Cargo-Carriers/Boxes/6129T-Thule-Dynamic-900
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thefatcontroller, is it winter already Toofy Grin wink
and theres no mention of LA
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The best roof boxes are http://www.box2000.com/de/k_5-Premium-Dachboxen-p_kat2.htm

Damn expensive but are built to last. The Whitedot box (800L) gets pounded, often carries 60 plus pairs of skis and has not missed a beat.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Boredsurfing, It always winter in my brain and somewhere in the world. wink Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We have a Kamei one. Can't remember what size it is.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

often carries 60 plus pairs of skis and has not missed a beat

Dot., Doesn't that damage your vehicle gutters/ roof system, well over the weight limit? 60 pairs of skis is 200-250kg?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
At that time it was mounted on a full steel cage type roof system (I think the 60 includes a little poetic licence too). The most we put in it now that it's on my roof, most of the time, is 20 pairs which chimes in with the weight rating of my roof bars. The box itself though is fibreglass as opposed to plastic and has a much higher weight rating than it's competitors.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
midgetbiker, I know that box of 10 I delivered to Jon for you was a monster, makes more sense.

Still got those short Directors BTW, I think you mentioned you may have a last pair lurking about, could work for my OH............?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

often carries 60 plus pairs of skis

How much spam does that equate to?

Bit of an odd first post from snoblo. Someone in the roof box game probably.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bode Swiller, a lot!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dot., you've tried?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bode Swiller, spam or 60 pairs in the box?

Smile
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dot., really, what you get up to in private is up to you.

All I know is that snoblo is more interested in selling that box than buying it.
snow conditions
I Use a slim box contains 6 pairs, actually aids fuel economy marginally by breaking Kamm effect of vehicle.
ski holidays
hmmm that Kamei looks really nice but a tad over my budget @ 369, I originally only wanted to spend around 250 as I will only use it a couple times a year tops. I've heard Thule have good locking systems, can anyone comment?

Thefatcontroller: Don't really want a second hand one to be honest I'd rather buy new and have some warranty etc.

Will keep looking and post my findings, please keep posting your recommendations.

PS I'm not trying to sell anything, although it would be quite cunning if I were!
snow report
snoblo, the link you posted for the Mont Blanc box was more expensive.
latest report
I maybe wrong but the Halfords own make box's look very much like a rebranded Mont Blanc, I went for a Halfords one took the stickers off tho!! Toofy Grin
latest report
i have an Autoform one, great size and shape, still get well over 40 to the gallon with it on and loaded http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4_tab.php/roofbox/autoform_explorer_430_metallic_silver_no_at4309/Qx%40w%2C6M42VAwp3%40Rb%7B~cC4ure%60KiiK
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy