Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Season in Solden

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have posted this in the resort section of the forum but with no reply so thought may get some help in here!

I have just been offered a season in Solden in the Chalet Hotel Hermann.

Has anybody been to Solden before whats it like as a village and what is the skiing like throughout the winter?

Any hints and tips of any undiscovered area to ski etc would be welcome!

Thanks,

Phil
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You could use the search function, I had a quick look and there are lots of Solden threads.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skied a number of weeks in Sölden as I keep going back because I like the skiing so much. Have not skied much outside of Austria but have skied all the major resorts in Austria and Sölden in my favourite area for piste skiing - lots of different well connected areas including the glacier and a relatively high resort so normally good snow and a long season. I normally avoid the main beginners area because it is crowded. Number 10 red and that whole area and the glacier are therefore my preferred areas.

Mainly a german/Dutch resort as they tend to keep the best resorts for themselves. Not the most attractive town as the main road runs through the centre. There are a lot of lively bars on the main strip although to be honest not my favourite Austrian resort for apre as the bars have less charachter and atmosphere than other austrian resorts.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I 'second' what TTT has put pretty much word for word. If I was a 'youngster' looking to do a season in the Alps I'd wouldn't hesitate to go to Solden. Long ski season, guaranteed snow, and plenty of nightlife. Go for it.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sounds like a pretty good area for me then, especially having just finished uni and don't want to lose that lifestyle to the 9-5 any time soon! Has anybody done much off piste in Solden. Is a guide necessary for the area or is it not too 'dangerous'?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, Get a guide.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy