Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Very young kids ski clothing

Poster: A snowHead
Bit more advice needed.

Where is the best place (somewhere in Northern England) to buy ski clothing for a child - 3 years old and 1 year old.
Would prefer a shop as apposed to website so I can go down and have a look.

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wayne, most TK Maxx will have a selection, or you can try here in Ormskirk (as long as you brace yourself for the town's uniquely frustrating blend of a one-way system and limited parking rolling eyes ) http://www.outdoorgear4u.co.uk/ - there is nothing to see on the site now, but perhaps give them a call to ask if the stuff is in yet. Alternatively there is at least a Dare 2 Be outlet at the Chill Factore - IME the stuff is fine for children: does the job, well-priced, good colours, and we've later sold it on Ebay for at least what it cost in the first place Very Happy

There is another ski shop in Liverpool, where we've bought lots of kids and adult skiwear in the past, but the site only seems to be showing camping/walking related stuff now - again, maybe worth a call http://www.outdoorworld.co.uk/

Finally Rivington Alpine http://www.rivingtonalpine.co.uk/index.php - well-known on here for their boot-fitting, but I seem to remember seeing kids ski wear there too Puzzled

HTH
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anniepen,
Good idea, I'll pop down to CF and see what they have.
I could wait till I get to resort but the 3 year old is VERY particular about what she wears, so I'll take her down to the shop.
Oh at the moment she wants ONLY Ben10 stuff Laughing (not sure if they do a line in ski gear)
For the baby I just need something warm.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wayne, Little Trekkers is one of the best places for quality gear for tiny people, they are online but have a shop too just over the border in Yorkshire. It's worth a trip over as there is loads of other stuff in the same building, you can make a day of it. Their customer service is superb. You might be lucky too and grab a sale bargain especially as you're looking for the smaller sizes. I recommended this place to BobinCH last year and he got his lad's kit from them.

TK Maxx, good again especially for smaller sizes but they don't get their stuff in til around October.

Cheshire Oaks outlet village has a few shops which have stuff, best for kids being Columbia outlet where you can sometimes be very lucky and get their fantastic toddler two piece sets (normally 40-50 quid) for less than a tenner Shocked

There is a place in Blackburn called Outdoor Action, they have a big kids section and usually have some good bits on their sale rails too.

As Anniepen says D2Be in the CFe always have loads of stuff in. Snow & Rock next door will have little kids stuff in as they get it all shipped to them for the summer season from the other stores.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boundary Mill in Colne used to have a good selection of Tog24 kids stuff most winters, including helmets and goggles. And it's easy to find - across the roundabout at the end of the M65.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There used to be a good ski shop in Pemberton, Wigan (AC sports) which my school used for rental so may have smaller sizes for younger kids too
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Decathlon in Warrington?

Or possibly Go Outdoors or the two independents: Outdoor World and the Adventure Centre.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ive had stuff from S&R Didsbury (just off M60 not far from Chill Factore) and Chill Factore itself, also TKMaxx but that was when the kids were a bit older and I was a little less paranoid about them getting cold.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
(always bought "reassuringly expensive" gloves though) Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
(always bought "reassuringly expensive" gloves though) Laughing

+1 and Hestras have the wristbands on too just to be sure they can't be dropped Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for all the answers. I will pop down to CF this week sometime and see what they have.

This is all as one of the girls from the office has asked is she can bring her kids and other-arf, for a week next season. I have said that I'll sort the gear out for the kids (I am god dad to the 3 year old Very Happy )

philmill05 I know AC sports very well as back-in-the-day (80's & early 90's) I went on many ski trips with Dave and the guys who run the ski club that's part of AC.
They now specialize in hiring out ski suits to large groups like school. So if any teachers are looking around …..
(No, not on commission, just supporting local business)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
TKMaxx is good. But the best stuff I've found is in http://polarnopyret.co.uk/ They have a shop in Cambridge and I've had their windproof fleece, base layer and waterproof outer shells for weefeef and was very impressed with the quality, but it's not cheap.

I did find their sizing generous tho. The 6-9month jacket did him till he was almost 18 months (although by then he couldn't fit the fleece underneath)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
sarah, yeah, my eldest has Hestras, the three finger ones
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have a 2 year old. We got all his stuff from Decathlon at Stockport. Pretty cheap as well.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wayne, ....my kids started mucking around on snow in the Alps from birth. Since they were literally crawling around on snow in minus 10 they needed good gear. Now 6 and 8 they have never complained of being cold. Why> they've never had cotton next to their skin, always good thermals. They have top quality gloves which fit - first mittens, now gloves. I always make sure they have two spare pairs of gloves to cover loss, wetted out gloves from snowball fights etc. We get them thermal tops which are slightly too long for them, this bunches at the wrists and seals that gap between sleeves and gloves which always seems to open up on kids. They have neck things - like buffs - that seals around the neck-helmet joint. They have top quality jackets - spyder, peak performance, etc, and top quality salopettes. As I look at them, they have around 700gbp worth of gear. Why? I am fed up with seeing other children cold and wet, and hating skiing. Mine have even gone to sleep on long toboggan runs in terrible visibility and blinding snow, all snugly in their gear. How the hell do we afford it. Ebay. Got a peak performance gore tex jacket for my daughter last week for 6.50gbp. Gore tex padded jacket for my son for 9.50gbp. Latest Patagonia goose feather duvet jacket for 11.50gbp. And it goes back on ebay when it's grown out of and I get all the money back since the gear is of such high quality. Works for us.
ski holidays
I swear by Surfanic for my kids http://www.surfanic.co.uk/. Much better quality than Dare2b etc and prices are so cheap (especially at the moment).
snow report
lidl do some good ski gear and i think the smallest size in 2-4. cost about £15 for salopettes and same again for a jacket. The quality seems very good but of course it doesn't appear till november. they also do goo dthermals and snow boots too (as do aldi but i think their ski gear starts at age 4).

Well worth a look, I have had no complaints from my kids.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy