Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer in the French Alps - which resort please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just had lunch by the lake in Tignes - thanks to all the lunatics on VTT's for providing the entertainment. Tignes is extreme in many ways but what a lot of people forget is the large concrete blocks provide ample accommodation for everybody to enjoy the Alps. For instance B&B is available for E35pppn in Lavachet or E45 on the lakeside. For the impoverished youth appartments are available for about E50pppw. For this you can take part in endless sports - with free lifts for VTT and walkers (skiers still have to pay). Sure if you want to sit on a deckchair and enjoy your retirement with an amble round the woods then Tignes is not the place - but if you want a sporty lifestyle and somewhere to crash on a night then its perfect. Horses for Courses and all that!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's certainly not France, but I'll echo the earlier vote for Zell am See. We're off there soon for the third year in succession. Huge lake with swimming, diving boards, sailing, pedallos, etc; loads of cycling, both steep and easy; a former world cup downhill MTB ride if you're gnarly on two wheels; idyllic town and idyllic scenery; cable cars if you can't be bothered to walk; walking if you don't like cable cars; rafting; parascending; canyoning; oodles of touristy things (salt mines, castles, ice caves, waterfalls, steam railway, etc); summer skiing if you need a quick fix; mountaineering expeditions if you fancy a rush.

It has the lot, IMV. And, from the kids' point of view, the best thing is that every restaurant serves Wiener Schnitzel with Apfelstrudl for desert.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Most areas websites have a decent list of events happening, worth checking out for when you plan to go. Last year we stayed in Oz en Oisans as I was doing AdH triathlon, unfortunately we were at Oz station not village so it meant a 5 mile hair pin drive when we wanted to go anywhere and get back (although this was great when going out on the bikes!).

We had no idea it was on, before we went out but on the weekend we were heading home there was a downhill MTB competition on, provided some great entertainment for free as they had side show trials displays and a street downhill MTB race (people flinging themselves down steps and stairs on bikes). Great fun.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sarah, Morzine,Morzine,Morzine. But we are a little biased. wink wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Colin B, Tignes has loads to offer a 7 year old in summer, including a lake with boating and canoeing, swimming pool, bike park with free scooter or skateboard (and knee pads, helmet) hire, trampolines, bouncy castles, mini golf, archery, horse riding, free lifts, mini off road bike park, play parks, easy bike rids, fabulous walks (last summer I took my 5 year old to the top of aeroski and we walked along a massive ridge and then all the way down the mountain - took 3 hours and perfect for an active kid; we went on loads of walks!).

Also on offer horse riding and near by go ape type high wire parks, etc, etc. Tignes is like a giant play ground! I spent 6 weeks there with a 5 year old last summer and we spent every day doing fun stuff!

There are prettier places to be in the mountains though, for sure ...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
mountainaddict, your photos are stunning and do definitely make a good case for Tignes in the summer

And that was just the mountain biking.... Cool. The glacier was amazing in late July last year:

snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Also on offer horse riding and near by go ape type high wire parks

Is go Ape similar to Parcour d' adventure?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
johnE, Yes.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I know I'm just a sad 'mountain geek' but when my 5 year old started properly working a via ferrata carabiner set in the Parcour d'Adventure i was properly stoked. Best buzz of the summer (probably/maybe/just about).
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Count me in for Mountainheads Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy