Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes summer ski season 2012

Poster: A snowHead
pam w,
yes i'll let you have that one on me, should say "coaching"
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Another lovely day on the glacier, slightly warmer than yesterday so the snow softened a bit earlier in the morning. The weekend group turned up last night so it was their first day skiing. Everyone seemed to enjoy it, even if it was a tough morning.

After skiing most of us headed down the valley to Bourg St Maurice for an afternoon of white water rafting. It's a 22km route taking a couple of hours, graded up to level 4 in some parts. Enormous fun!

More photos on Facebook.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, Looks fun, I'm not at all jealous when I sit at home on saturday working Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
that rafting looks terrific!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whitegold wrote:
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
rob@rar, Is that your mrs? Blush

Agreed. That chick is semi-hot wink

Mrs rar looks semi-milfy, too.

Good pics throughout this thread from r@r.

Why only 'semi' hot and 'semi' milfy? How fit are you?

Great pics Rob, I'd love to be there!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Piccadilly wrote:
Whitegold wrote:
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
rob@rar, Is that your mrs? Blush

Agreed. That chick is semi-hot wink

Mrs rar looks semi-milfy, too.

Good pics throughout this thread from r@r.

Why only 'semi' hot and 'semi' milfy? How fit are you?

Great pics Rob, I'd love to be there!

I am a supreme athlete, son.

Get used to it.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A slight cautionary tale about glacier skiing. Found a small crevasse which was just wide enough to allow a ski to drop in to it and get jammed. Pisteurs were on the ball and were on the scene quickly to extract the ski and make sure the situation didn't get worse.

snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar, Wow, that brings it home!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kitenski, it was pretty sketchy, one leg dropped in thigh deep and he didn't want (rightly) to take off the ski on the leg still on the piste, got all twisted up and jammed into the crack.. This was the after photo, I was helpfully 100 metres lower down about to film when the pistueres were fishing him out... Shocked
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cool photo.

Was the crack on or off the main trails?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Whitegold, on
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
but it didn't put him off... we ripped some big fat GS turns down the same piste Toofy Grin

ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob@rar, looks fantastic, out 2 weeks today to Montchavin and will head up to Tignes to have a fly round with the skis.

Can you just remind me what time it opens?

Cheers
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
roche1800, first funicular up is at 7.30am. By midday the snow is typically too soft to be enjoyable so we've been skiing from 8.15am to 12.00pm. Funicular runs about every 30 minutes.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar, thank you for that, when I've been before I have just turned up at before 7am and sorted my kit and had a coffee but never paid attention to the opening time.

One summer I went up there twice in a week and both days the Furnic was broken with 'intermittent' problems, so very hit and miss. Thanks . . .
ski holidays
Whitegold wrote:

I am a supreme athlete, son.

Get used to it.

By 'fit', I meant good-looking. Also I'm female, so no 'son' needed.

Would love to do a bit of summer skiing one day, just to stem the ski cravings. Even a long weekend would be good.
snow conditions
I am sat at my desk, it is raining (again) and that looks awesome - I wish I was there rolling eyes
snow report
skimottaret, do you know of evolution 2 ski school?
snow report
rob@rar wrote:
I wouldn't leave the marked pistes on a glacier.
For this reason Sad
snow conditions
o dear. Sad Huckacliff duckabranch, I had lessons with Kevin from Evo 2 a few years ago - he was excellent. Kept a group of 5 of us, with quite a wide range of ski abilities, very productively occupied on one piste. Looking forward to some more lessons in October, from Inside Out. snowHead
snow conditions
Any update on what the snow is like? We are driving out on the 20th and hoping to still have a couple of days skiing. Are the bumps and park still serviceable/ open?
ski holidays
rob@rar finally got my replacement laptop, so busily uploading new photos to Facebook now (you may have noticed). Thanks to you, skimottaret and everyone at Mountain Sun for another awesome holiday. Still need to get my clips off of you, I'll do that next time I'm in Hemel. Will be booking onto the Meribel trip shortly, can't wait! Cheers! Smile
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
I wouldn't leave the marked pistes on a glacier.
For this reason Sad
How awful and - at least on the face of it - stupid. Sad
ski holidays
Awful indeed. Awful also to put the lives of the search team at risk.

Quote:
His body has been recovered and an investigation is underway.

Wonder what the conclusion will be.
ski holidays
Emmeline wrote:
rob@rar finally got my replacement laptop, so busily uploading new photos to Facebook now (you may have noticed).
Yes, I'd spotted that! I've just finished a little slideshow of the trip - love the 1st photo of you taking a bit of air!

http://youtube.com/v/7rjVUwtW8cs
snow report
rob@rar, nice. Very Happy (I always like the background music you choose too.)
snow report
Pedantica, glad you like it. Newton Faulkner's "Dreams Catch Me" is the music track.
snow conditions
rob@rar - brilliant Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
just back from our summer camp to Tignes. Excellent conditions for training and great weather.

On arrival, the glacier looked a bit dicey but turned out to be great. some snow in the middle of the 10 days freshened the glacier up for us and we had a great 10 days.

The huge amount of readily available and conveniently located afternoon activities helped to make it one of our best ever summer training camps.

Pictures here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/impulse_racing/sets/72157631019898996/

And short video here -
http://youtube.com/v/-xdNDAedtd4
ski holidays
rob@rar, It looks like the Roche d'Toviere (http://viaferratafr.free.fr/via-ferrata.php?via=6Cool, which is one of the best via Ferrata in France.

We messed up a couple of days in the Alpes during this this summer holidays (Like hut bookings) so one day ended up climbing the Grande Motte. A lovely climb from the top of the telepherique, but due to taking too long we arrived back at the funicular station about 15:30, hours after it was supposed to be closed. They ran a special train for us to descend. As we strolled down the piste I couldn't help but notice that the snow was in very good ondidtion.

My son thought Tignes looked much better in the summer with flowers everywhere and sailing on the lake than in the winter.
snow conditions
I love that video of Philbo's! Some crazy goings-on in the lake.
snow report
Wow. Looks amazing! What are the temperatures like during august at Tignes?
ski holidays
BREAKING NEWS: Que calor! It’s getting hot even above 3.000 m! To guarantee the best ski conditions to all, the top of the glacier only will be open from August, 22nd 2012 on (“Glacier” piste and snowpark).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy