Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Foppolo in the Brembana Valley

Poster: A snowHead
Anybody been there?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
somebody must have???
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowHead
You call yourselves adventurous?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Peter Leuzzi, why don't you go and you can report back to us all!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Elizabeth B,

It seems I am!

If its rubbish I will let you all know how bad it was. If its a little gem I will let you all know how bad it was!

Fair trade, eh?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Peter Leuzzi, I raced in a FIS GS there in about 1990. Only spent one night and one day. Looked like a reasonable-sized ski area. I do remember that the food was good - as it usually is in small Italian places. The road up to Foppolo goes past the source of San Pellegrino water. That's all I remember I'm afraid.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have, been twice in the last three years.

It's very small and very Italian (obviously) take a phrase book as virtually no English spoken. The runs are OK, it's a bit limited though if your a good skier. Great for beginners and families, the runs are quite wide, not crowded and no lift queues! The lifts are a few chairs with the rest being drags, won't find any gondolas here. It's very cheap, if you stay at any of the hotels the lift pass is usually included in the price. Everyone is very friendly. Nightlife is limited (very limited) quiet drink in the hotel bars or cafe bars at the bottom of the slopes.

Carona is linked to Foppolo but San Simone requires a short bus ride. We stayed at the hotel Des Alpes, drag lift just across the road where you can then ski round to the main bit, or take a shortish walk. It's quite basic but very clean, extremely friendly with good food. The first time we went we got the hotel to arrange a taxi, I think it was about £100 return (Merc minibus) and could be quite a bit more now, the second time we hired a car and drove, it's fairly straight forward to drive and pretty well sign posted (we didn't get lost). Anything else just ask.

Kerry
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Grimsby Ranger, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

Isn't Foloppo the noise matresses make?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Grimsby Ranger, welcome to snowHead How long was the drive from Bergamo airport. It says that it is only 60km away on the website.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks everyone for your welcomes, great forum.

Ian, nice one Smile

Ray, about 40 mins if I remember correctly, though the road conditions were very good.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Grimsby Ranger, thanks for that. I am seriously considering a day trip as flights to Bergamo are so cheap and with that short a transfer time it would work out OK.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ray Zorro, if you live close enough to Luton or Stansted it's definately worth it. It was the cheap Ryanair flights that made us go there in the first place.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I just received a reply from the tourist office at Foppolo. I have cut and paste below for information. Not so sure about some of the grammar and spelling but there appears to be skiing tracks for 4 not very nice (and angry) people!

"The Alta Valle Brembana, with excellent snow conditions and the sunny Carona, Foppolo and San Simone –Valleve hollows with the other surrounding boroughs of Branzi and Isola di Fondra is certainly a first quality skiing area suited for the most various requirements if winter sports.

A ski circuit offers more than altogether 80 km of perfectly prepared ski-run, most of them with programmed snowing, approved tracks for international competitions

There is a close-interlinked web of mounting facilities:

6 multiple chair –lifts and 16 ski-lifts;

3 skating rinks,

4 cross-cuntry skiing-tracks

snow park

skiing opportunities from end of November up to early in Mai as from 1.500 m up to 2.200m.

It’s to easy to get to the Alta Val Brembana along roads that always can be travels over whether in summer or in winter: only 60 km from Orio airport."
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Peter Leuzzi, Did that come from the Ryanair skiing suggestion page? I was just looking at it, there are some unexpected locations on this list, for example I didn't know you could ski so many places in Spain! Mind you some of the resorts are very small.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Peter Ross,

www.brembanaski.com/ingleseski

Is where it started courtesy of another snowHead . Also Google searched Foppolo and emailed the tourist office at Foppolo.
snow conditions
Peter Ross,

I have tried a couple of times at the Ryanair ski page for the suggestions you mention. Either I am daft or they aren't there anymore. How do I find them?
snow report
Peter L, I put a link to the Ryanair ski suggestions on your other question - the one about resorts near to Milan.

Edit: I see that you have since seen it and posted after it. I am too slow.
ski holidays
went there with school over 18 years ago.... from what i remember very nice but small skiing area and village, dont know what its like now.

what do i remember most.... nina red ballons was in the charts and some very nice local girls !
snow conditions
Went there a few years ago , with a FirstChoice package . Not many Brits , no lift queues except W/E when it's wall to wall with Italians at the foot of the main piste , bit like playing skittles . As in many resorts if the snow is a bit thin some runs are "saved " for the w/enders .Cheap bars ,very friendly , quiet , town is hilly , so hotel near lift best if walking . Bus to San Simone not that reliable , but worth going , with the three areas there is quite varied skiing for a week The hotel was small and a bit down-at-heal , exclusive to FC (say no more) but the guests were just about the only Brits in Foppolo , we all sat at one long table , smuggled wine bottles in and had a great time , the staff were friendly and the food good .
If , like me , you like Italian resorts , and the lifesyle , and Grappa with your coffee , I think you wont be dissapointed .
ski holidays
Peter Leuzzi, if you are flying out on FR4154 13th jan and back on FR4153 15th jan maybe we should share a hire car? There are 2 of us - how many in your party?
snow report
Roger C,

Yes, I am on same flights. Happy to join in (it's just me escaping the family!) but the accommodation I am sorting has advised that they can do return transfers for around 150 Euros which I presume would be cheaper and less hassle for three of us being circa £100 split three ways.

Where are you staying?
snow report
Peter Leuzzi,

no accomodation sorted yet, can you let me know where yours is? doesnt look like a car would be useful in such a small place so shared transfers for 150E return sounds great!
snow report
Roger C,

Will PM you!
ski holidays
Grimsby Ranger wrote:
I have, been twice in the last three years.

It's very small and very Italian (obviously) take a phrase book as virtually no English spoken. The runs are OK, it's a bit limited though if your a good skier. Great for beginners and families, the runs are quite wide, not crowded and no lift queues! The lifts are a few chairs with the rest being drags, won't find any gondolas here. It's very cheap, if you stay at any of the hotels the lift pass is usually included in the price. Everyone is very friendly. Nightlife is limited (very limited) quiet drink in the hotel bars or cafe bars at the bottom of the slopes.

Carona is linked to Foppolo but San Simone requires a short bus ride. We stayed at the hotel Des Alpes, drag lift just across the road where you can then ski round to the main bit, or take a shortish walk. It's quite basic but very clean, extremely friendly with good food. The first time we went we got the hotel to arrange a taxi, I think it was about £100 return (Merc minibus) and could be quite a bit more now, the second time we hired a car and drove, it's fairly straight forward to drive and pretty well sign posted (we didn't get lost). Anything else just ask.

Kerry

Hi

We have booked to go to Brembana Valley first weekend of March. The hotel we are looking at is 3km from Foppolo skifield but really cheap. Does anyone know if there is a free ski bus or some kind of transport round the valley? All I can find is that there is a connection between the ski fields...any information (on this or anything else useful about Brembana Valley) appreciated!

Kelz
latest report
kelznz, Welcome to Snowheads. I visited Foppolo last February for a few days and stayed in the village. You need to get to Foppolo or Carona to access the main area. There is also an unlinked area at San Simone and a bus runs there daily. There is also a ski bus which runs up to Foppolo, not sure which route it takes though. Can't your hotel help?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy