Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Camping a season?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
CaravanSkier, whitegold is not to be taken seriously. He often makes absolute comments which show a blatant lack of knowledge or experience
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I agree with fatbob, if i was doing a season in a van, i'd want to move about, otherwise, an apartment seems like the way to go.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I find that people who do not wash or wear deoderant smell bad. I suspect there might be a correlation between living in a van and not washing, but it is largely due to ignorance that people think you cannot wash if you live in a van. Therefore, I suspect that this is indeed an absolute comment which is probably not the contributory cause of the condition.

does not wash => smells
smells => does not wash or eats a lot of garlic

However,

lives in van <> does not wash
does not wash <> lives in van

as this is not proven!

rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi, sorry its been a while. Was just looking through all the posts and thought i would write an update for you guys.
We have ended up paying for a season pitch at a campsite in Chatel part of the PDS region. we get 52 nights to spread out until the end of April. So obviously we are going to pad that out with free aires and parking in the adjoining resorts. we have done our first week out here the weather has been good and the van hasnt dropped below a barmy 7c at any point so fingers crossed for now. To Whitegold im sure we do smell but thats only from all the boarding we've been doing. well jokes aside the site has been awesome with great showers, swimming pool and all mod cons. Anyway I will be looking into the aires and parking people have suggested in this area, but if you do have somewhere you think shouldnt be missed just let us know. Hope everyone gets out at least once this season and makes the most of it. Ta
P.S if your in the region dont be a stranger
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good to hear all is going well! Have fun Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
One tip, do not ski too often Natilly, even if the weather is great. The human body is like any other machine, the parts wear out when you use them a lot. Try to only ski on the best weather days, and rest properly for days as well, so that you are not going to get over use injuries to your spine, knees, and other joints like neck etc. Stretch properly before, during, and after exercise, and get your muscles warm and stay warm.

Have a great time,

snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Natilly,

Hi Natilly, Did you get sorted with places to go this season in your camper? I spend a whole season in my camper at various places around the alps. I also leave it places when I jet back home for two week stints. I wont ramble on if you are sorted but know loads of places to ski/board/stay (lots for free!). Email me on paulmillion99@hotmail.com? Ill post any conversations so others can benefit too. Cheers, Paul
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oh bug, I havent used my eyes again! You ARE sorted, How much did you pay for you pitch if you dont mind me asking? There are tons of places to stay around the alps. Buy a book published by vicarious books called 'all the aires, mountains' it is fantastic! Also check out www.motorhomeski.com. France, although expensive for most stuff actually has the best aires for free or maybe up to 10Euros a night max. I stayed in the 3v last season for free all season (although they have now closed that carpark to campers (height restricted!) boo hoo. Great places to stay in Tignes, Val Thorens, Samoens, I could mention loads and loads. Ill be in chatel soon and will be staying in Morzine/Avoriaz/ and Crozets. The portes de Soleil is excellent for camping and of course insanely good snowboarding! Yahooooo, What a life eh? Happy Camping, Paul (Moggler)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Did this in the late 70's in a VW camper touring Austria and Italy skiing, great time but can be an endurance test at times, just getting the curtains open in the morning 'cos they had frozen to the windows and getting the gas bottle warm enough to start making a cuppa(minus 13 was the lowest temp in the van). Glad me and the missus did it , but I prefer a chalet/hotel now. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dry twigs, that's the key, firelighters iz bust! As a 16 year van'ead I would suggest peat for your fire and to store your water under the legs of your burner to keep it tepid. Have a great time.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy