Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SkiWelt - Where to stay?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've booked flights to Salzburg next February and was thinking about skiing the SkiWelt. Last time we skied there we stayed in Soll and loved it apart from the walk up the hill to the gondola station.

Can anyone recommend a village and a hotel that is within a short walk to a lift?

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SCollier1, I stayed in Scheffau for a few days in 2011 which is a bus ride from the lifts (or a flat blue run down but a bus ride back), although there were a couple of hotels right down by the lifts (which is called Blaiken rather than Scheffau). From what I can remember Ellmau and Brixen both had accommodation nearer to the lifts. Samerberg Sue is a good person to ask, it's her neighbourhood.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski bus runs upto the main gondola from Soll every 15 minutes. Store skis and boots at the stn at hop on the bus. Found it excellent in march and the stroll down into town after skiing for a beer was pleasant.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hiya SCollier1, I can thoroughly recommend the Hotel Gansleit in Soll. Ski bus stops right outside.....
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SCollier1, couple of hotels right by the lift in Soll - the Hexenalm and the Tulpe. There are also a few apart hotels there too.

Brixen isn't often mentioned but a good place to stay because you can take the lift over to Westendorf from there.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cheap - Hopfgarten/itter
apres - Soll
near lifts - ellmau/going
chocolate box - scheffau
in the middle - brixen
cute but a bit old fashioned with top heavy lift system but quickest access to kitzbuhel - westendorf
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bode Swiller, stopped for a couple of beers at the Hexenalm on the way back into town and it looked like quite a nice place and certainly a great location to stay I would think.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Westendorf. Has by far the best skiing of the area.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy